5.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

EasyE

Time for this man to earn his worth. This will be the true test to how 'finished' he is. :nervous:

yfoFC

Maybe it's me but I think there's been mitigating circumstances. Could have joined the club at a worst time in its most recent history? If you were an attacking player under Jose, your game generally went backwards or stagnated. Not played consistently either with niggles or injury. Also seemed there was a period where if he was fit but fell out of favour with Jose. Ole's appointed and given the form of the other players plus recovering from injury just means he's always had limited minutes. Maybe he should have taken more advantage of those minutes but never easy coming off the bench under any circumstance.
I see where you're coming from and like I said earlier, the club can only benefit from having a firing Sanchez in our ranks so we all want him to do well

Now it's up to him to prove from now till the end of the season that he can still perform because current performances are not acceptable at all.

Like Ole said, it's up to him to prove himself and if he doesn't do well going forwards then he has only himself to blame.

JSArsenal

He was head and shoulders Arsenal's best player for 2-3 years. Actually looked out of place in their team he was that good. Goals and assists. Now he can't make a 5 yard pass to a teammate. The other thing is he has passed 30 now, so it doesn't look like he is going to re-capture his form. China is the only place that can take him now. Or he will just bleed us dry for another 3 years. The other annoying thing is that we were flying up until the point where he signed.
Even in his best years at Arsenal he was still extremely wasteful with the ball. He was the best player, the star, on a poor team, and that gave him massive freedom to get away with, and reinforce bad habits. He shows little ability to adapt to the changes in his game and play in a less individual manner, not the smartest player frankly.
Reading these posts I would think that Sanchez played for Stoke or West Brom and not a team that picked up 3 Fa Cups.

United Hobbit

I've also seen the story of him colliding with the official and hurting his knee.

I'd have expected a video of it to have surfaced by now if true half makes you think it's been elaborated to save face for him a bit after such a poor performance.

I thought it was weird how we bought him on for about 30 seconds at the end of the first half usually we'd wait until the 2nd half and make do for those 30 seconds so maybe he did have the collision- BT showed him out doing a warm up and ball work at half time but thought at the time they wanted to use it as an extended warm up.

I don't really know how hes fallen so suddenly off a cliff. Surely he can't decline that quickly, I think Ole half said in his interview they're at a bit of a loss with him and need to keep trying to figure him out.

Also is it just me or does Martial seem to get injured a lot?

tieunhilang

Yes, that's corcerning. Shades of Owen Hargreaves / Rafael there. No matter how much talent he got, if he cannot play consistently to find form with all those injuries then we need to get rid of him. I hope not.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I've also seen the story of him colliding with the official and hurting his knee.

I'd have expected a video of it to have surfaced by now if true half makes you think it's been elaborated to save face for him a bit after such a poor performance.

I thought it was weird how we bought him on for about 30 seconds at the end of the first half usually we'd wait until the 2nd half and make do for those 30 seconds so maybe he did have the collision- BT showed him out doing a warm up and ball work at half time but thought at the time they wanted to use it as an extended warm up.

I don't really know how hes fallen so suddenly off a cliff. Surely he can't decline that quickly, I think Ole half said in his interview they're at a bit of a loss with him and need to keep trying to figure him out.

He is our Chilean Falcao minus the major injury. Wait till he blossoms at his next club.

He is, to date the biggest disappointment for me as a United transfer, ever.

Patrick08

Imagine having to play him in that key game against Liverpool.
He would be best used as a striker near the box or as a false 9. He his wing play abilities have diminished even before he came to us. Wenger used a 343 to get m him play near the box. Any manager managing him needs to understand his strengths now to use him in a way he is effective.

That assist he made Vs Newcastle to Rashford from central position, that's the role I see him fitting in now. Rashford And Lukaku have to provide pace on the flanks given the injuries as we are a counter attacking team majorly. He is still good on the turn, and shields the ball way better than Lukaku or Rashford would do with his back to goal and bring teammates into play. I think that's the role he would fit in.

kps88

He's got this special skill of always looking like he's on the verge of losing the ball. Even after completing simple actions, you feel like a defender was a millisecond away from getting it. They say great players seem like they have extra time on the ball; he's the complete opposite.

b20times

Think it was against Fulham the other day, there was a counter-attack and he just couldn't keep up. Looked like Mata, he's lost his pace and his explosiveness.

Finished. Ship him to China in the summer.
You can't just get rid of a player because he's going through a bad patch, he needs an arm around the shoulder and fans getting behind him, it's not the utd way to give up on someone.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You can't just get rid of a player because he's going through a bad patch, he needs an arm around the shoulder and fans getting behind him, it's not the utd way to give up on someone.
There's a difference between poor form and finished though. He's in the same situation as Rooney was. It's clear he's washed up and just an average player these days, being patient isn't going to change that.

The only way he will look half decent is if he's played as a striker, but he isn't better than Rashford anymore in pressing and work rate especially.

Therefore we need to move him on. This isn't a retirement home.

Denis_unwise

I think he will do another season to try to regain form. If he still isn't cutting it then it's likely we'll pay him off a settlement & send him to China on a free. He'd still be on more than he is now considering he could probably get £300K P/W in China.

Red00012

Yes, that's corcerning. Shades of Owen Hargreaves / Rafael there. No matter how much talent he got, if he cannot play consistently to find form with all those injuries then we need to get rid of him. I hope not.
:houllier:

Owen06

He's probably the most disappointing signing we've had in a while.

Last edited:

flappyjay

Time to step up for him and Rom. They have to make it hard for Tony and Jessie to get back in the team

Cloud7

He’ll have his chance to try and contribute something with Jesse and Martial out for what are the biggest weeks of the season.

No doubt Sanchez will disappoint and we’ll have a few coming here to say “there’s a quality player in there, we just need to give him a run of games. I refuse to give up on him!”

It’s like the Rooney situation on steroids, as he’s much worse than even end stage Rooney was, and he doesn’t come with the emotional attachment we had to Wazza.

Fracture90

To think that all of this could have been avoided if some prickk from Arsenal didn't refused City's €50 million offer 6 months before we got him.

But then again with our luck, he would probably have turned into an unstoppable phenom if he went to City.

ReallyUSA

This is his time. He has the opportunity to erase a lot of the negative when it comes to him in the next few weeks. He performs well, even if we don't get all 3 point or wins, it will sit well with everyone. We need him

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
To think that all of this could have been avoided if some prickk from Arsenal didn't refused City's €50 million offer 6 months before we got him.

But then again with our luck, he would probably have turned into an unstoppable phenom if he went to City.
Awful decision that was. We got Mkhi instead of a big chunk of money which could have been used to improve the time instead of signing another deadwood.

Cloud7

Awful decision that was. We got Mkhi instead of a big chunk of money which could have been used to improve the time instead of signing another deadwood.
How rare is it for a deal to go through and both parties come out of it worse than before, both feeling like they got the worse end of the bargain. This transfer really was something special :lol:

SAFMUTD

We should ship him out, same situation as Rooney but at least Rooney had a great career here, the problem are his wages. Maybe we can ship him out on a free and some MLS team or China team would want him.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I never want to see him on the left again.

He has a huge opportunity here to salvage some sort decent season.

Perhaps he could play Lingard's role or play on the right as we literally have no right winger.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
How rare is it for a deal to go through and both parties come out of it worse than before, both feeling like they got the worse end of the bargain. This transfer really was something special :lol:
Worst investment since Eva Braun's wedding ring.

MAME DIOUF 32

Quite incredible that the highest paid player in British football history is going to come in for Jesse Lingard and we're all dreading the weakening of the team that it represents.

I live in hope that a Chinese team will take pity.

Based Adnan

I don't think I've seen him beat a player 1v1 since he's come here. Legs have well and truly gone.

Canagel

He has a one hope left and that's false 9. These next two games if he showed his worth in the middle with runners off him people might change their minds. It's quite clear he's spent force on the LW .

Marcus

He just needs to be more selfish in front of goal. Just shoot. Don't pass it to death. We are not Arsenal.

buckooo1978

it's hard to say there's anything he's doing well

He's so wasteful in possession

is it confidence or have the legs gone? combination of both?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Quite incredible that the highest paid player in British football history is going to come in for Jesse Lingard and we're all dreading the weakening of the team that it represents.

So true :lol:

zenith

If ole is named our permanent manager it could almost certainly mean curtains for Sanchez

Water Melon

What. A. Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.