Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante

Average bang
I know its just your opinion but Martial is actually having a better season than Sanchez. Hes scored and assisted more whilst playing 200 minutes less than Sanchez. So right now I'd take Martial. I'd also take him for the future too, fair enough he may not be as good a player as Sanchez, maybe not ever. But hes young, what you and other people are forgetting is that he's only 22, he's almost certainly going to improve. He has a goal or assist basically every other game for Manchester United. Sanchez on the other hand is 30 by the end of the year, he will only have a few seasons left, and if he's anything like Rooney, will already be in a decline. Also, I mentioned Martial scoring or assisting every other game, Sanchez at Barcelona was practically the same - scoring or assisting just over every other game.

Here is their comparison for this current season:
Martial has scored / assisted every 91.7 minutes in the premier league. 89.8 minutes in all competitions
Sanchez has scored / assisted every 150.7 minutes in the premier league. 142.6 in all competitions.
Fair enough you might say it's because he's unsettled and doesn't want to play for Arsenal, but who wants a player like that? Coutinho was professional enough for Liverpool even though he wanted to leave.

People may be overrating Martial and predicting he'll win the Ballon D'or one day, but your underrating him saying he's just average, when in fact he is actually a brilliant player who has been a good asset this season. Would you still take Sanchez over Martial now?
Lingard has better stats than both Sanchez and Martial.

Brophs

The One and Only
Who wants to copy and paste the usual explanation as to how betting markets get closed on transfer markets?

The TL; DR version is that a few daft twats lumping on hundred quid is often enough.

Morpheus 7

Some clowns on this thread going on about Martial this evening. People getting way to giddy about a potential Sanchez transfer. Martial turned 22 in December and could be the best around in a few years. Football fans in general are getting way more short sighted, this forum isn't an exception either. Lack of patience over younger players is disgusting, it really is. I would love Sanchez to come but ain't the end of the world if he doesn't. Players like Pogba, Lukaku, Rashford and Martial are the future.

Kidders

This thread is so hot I may not have read every angle, but my take on this is simple, Sanchez is clearly leaving Arsenal, we can match any fee, wage and agent add-ons anyone else can offer, therefore why on earth do people think we need to through Martial/Mhiki into a deal ?

Who cares about Mourinho's mind games, Conti's interest or Pep's love in !
He would give us something we don't have, ffs make it happen.

Did anyone see what Rio said on BT today ?
Anyone think he has a point ?

Dante

Average bang
So? Both players have had a better season than Sanchez. What you're saying doesn't disprove Reece's point.
True. I'm just saying that stats aren't the be-all-and-end-all to a footballing debate. I'd love Sanchez here and believe he'd be better than both Lingard and (present day) Martial.

A front three of Martial, Lukaku and Sanchez would be fantastic. Narrow, but fantastic. We'd just need to tweak the midfield to accommodate.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Sorry, what does this mean?
It means I’d you put a tenner on him joining Man Utd you’d lose a tenner. ;)

Still don’t think it makes sense. We’ve got players who play in the same position as Sanchez and who’ve been playing well. It’s the right side of attack where we need someone.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
If anyone was actually betting on this, I'd advise people to put their money in Sanchez moving to City, especially at 3/1 odds.
It's only for January. I think it's either United now or City in the summer.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Don't even think he's after Martial much.
Martial is ahead of Rashers in the pecking order, where does that leave him?
Can even seeing Martial elevating his game due to the move.

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
Best odds now are all at Sky:

2/5 United
3/1 City
9/2 Arsenal
Has to be worth putting money on Sanchez to city, seems certain to be leaving Arsenal this month so your either quids in or out of pocket but happy utd have got their man!

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
It means I’d you put a tenner on him joining Man Utd you’d lose a tenner. ;)

Still don’t think it makes sense. We’ve got players who play in the same position as Sanchez and who’ve been playing well. It’s the right side of attack where we need someone.
:lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
7/2 to city.. feck lads I'd stick a wedge in that now. £100/200....

C'est Moi Cantona

Jeez, I don't know much about alot, but I know about the betting markets, and on this they will know nothing more than you and I, good mathmatical guess work based on the current information out there, like all the other markets they price up.

If 'The Times' run a story about Chelsea bidding more than us then the prices will change quickly, but we'll all known the info by then aswell.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Please bring back the Newbie 10 like system.
Agree with this.

Don't want to sound condescending but recently some of the stupidest and most clueless posts I've seen came from newbies. Used to be better with the clear parting and distinction between newbies and main forum, now it feels like there is no filter. Quite unfortunate.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Has to be worth putting money on Sanchez to city, seems certain to be leaving Arsenal this month so your either quids in or out of pocket but happy utd have got their man!
It's a good way to hedge against disappointment if City signs him. Like betting on our opponents in a big match.

Status
Not open for further replies.