Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewleethomas

This is all over if City just cave and pay up at the last minute, which could easily have been their ploy all along.

Josep Dowling

Agree with all of this except for the bit in bold.

I don't think there is as much chance to win trophies here as there is at City in the short-medium term. They have the better team and they have the money to continue to outspend us. That makes them more likely to win trophies imo. Something could certainly happen to see them drop off but then the same could also happen to us too. Odds-wise you'd have to back the better team if they're able to match everyone else financially.

On the other hand, it also seems we're probably in a position to offer Sanchez better wages than City, along with more gametime. So who knows?
Whilst I kind of agree there is only so many players City can buy. I believe we can close the gap in the summer. There are gaps in our squad. In particular RW, LB, a top level number 10 and someone of better quality to replace Pogba if injured.

City will have a situation if they keep buying top bracket players they want to play every game. Aguero isn’t happy at being rotated. The only position they can really strengthen is LB and CB unless they’re able to get someone like Messi or Neymar.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I wonder what Pogba/DDG's reactions will be if Sanchez actually comes in on the reported £400k a week deal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Maybe people have underestimate Sanchez desire to leave Arsenal.

Maybe City right now are a more attractive option but you can't go wrong by joining the biggest club in the UK and wear an iconic number 7 shirt.

The club still has pulling power.
This.
They're reports his teammates don't speak to him.
Also think City overestimated his desire to play for them.
He's desperate to leave, yet they waited until the last day to bid for him last summer and also are telling Arsenal to suck it.
I think the lad has had enough.

Ban

Looks good to be honest and i cant help it. Maybe Arsenal are still trying to push City to pay the higher fee, but we will see.
I get you. I'm the same, I'm just being careful.
Saying that I feel like a kid who will get a shiny new present.

MDFC Manager

We get him on the third attempt then :D (when he we was moving from Udinese, Barcelona and Arsenal).

Andersons Dietician

Yeah, the club who've spunked 400m in two seasons on a squad which already contained Silva, KDB and Aguero are the moral bastions of the game...:houllier:
People need to get off their high horse with that and remember the amount of transfer records we broke to maintain our position as the biggest team in Britain.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would be a fantastic signing if we got him, though I wonder where exactly he would fit into the team.

MDFC Manager

A key point to be noted though: the talk of Mikhitaryan going the other way has died down...

AndyJ1985

Would be a fantastic signing if we got him, though I wonder where exactly he would fit into the team.
Have never understood this line of thought. Our attack is hardly littered with world class players. Sanchez fits in wherever he is most effective.

Kapardin

The last indication of a transfer saga coming to a close is when the player is dropped from the squad despite being fit and all the papers link him mainly to only one club.

This is a done deal. He's ours. Cheers.

Acquire Me

There's only one Manchester!
Yes, United is a much bigger club than City. Some guys on here have to much respect for them. Shit team with a lot of money. So the difference between our clubs is this:

Money: United earn their money. City spend money from their owner.
Football: City will most likely win the PL. The other cups are still up in the air.
History: United has a rich history and is a world famous club. City not so much.
Manager: Mourinho and Pep is both great managers.

Aguero is a good example on a player who could be remembered as a better footballer if he had played for a more famous club. He will be known as a City legend, thats it.

So the real question is this: Do you want to play for a world famous club or are you happy to play for a very good football club named Man City?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
People need to get off their high horse with that and remember the amount of transfer records we broke to maintain our position as the biggest team in Britain.
What’s that got to do with anything in this context?

City have spend £400m of their Oil money over a few seasons and yet when we decide to compete with them it’s us that is suddenly a money club?

Status
Not open for further replies.