Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man-United

Luckhurst may not have the best sources but he's intelligent and usually make good points.

Traub

I wonder what Pogba/DDG's reactions will be if Sanchez actually comes in on the reported £400k a week deal.
They’ll both be up for renewals in the next 18 months, and I would suspect they were pushing for that amount anyway.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
He's proven this window that he hasn't got a clue.
He is the official tow the line journo at united now. He says what he is told to say, in between that he keeps mumbling words into sentences to sound in the know.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Matic
Jessi - Pogba
Mahrez - Alexis - Martial
Inner muppet unleashed. Make it happen Woody.

rotherham_red

Somany questions regarding where he fits, and what gaps are left to fill! What would his signing mean for Martial and Rashford? Will he play on the right of a front three? Will we still need a right winger, or right wingback? Does this mean Griezmann and Dybala are no longer required?
We still need a 10, as Mkhitaryan is definitely on the way out, so I think the space in the budget for the superstar signing in the summer will be for the likes of Dybala or Griezmann. Both are great options but Dybala should clearly be first priority. I'd love Ozil on a free as well, and move on Mata, because as great as he is and undoubtedly has been for us since he arrived, he's definitely felt the effects of having been run into the ground by first LVG, and then Jose's brands of football.

Then it's the midfield and possibly, fullback positions that will need sorting. Hopefully Pereira and TFM returning will alleviate that need for squad reinforcement for those positions somewhat, and we won't need to spend unnecessarily.

We'll probably have 200m to spend on getting ideally 3 players. I think one of them will be Ozil on a free, which will free up the budget for the rest of our needs and will also allow us to get in that marquee attacking talent for the 10 position.
Jose has already said he is looking at a midfielder, so we can pretty much guarantee that will be his other incoming player. The only question is whether he will look at a fullback also. I'm hoping he doesn't and he gives TFM a chance at RB, and continues to put his faith in Shaw at LB...

MadMike

Would be a fantastic signing if we got him, though I wonder where exactly he would fit into the team.
Mkhi's place. RW and SS roles predominantly and occasionally LW too when Martial plays up-top to rest Lukaku.

AndyJ1985

I wonder what Pogba/DDG's reactions will be if Sanchez actually comes in on the reported £400k a week deal.
Hopefully their reaction is they want a new contract is the near future. That'll mean they want to stay with us.

izec

We will get the money quickly in, just let him perform as Bruno Mars for a few concerts and we will be good

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Probably one of the best guys to go to on city for news, if he is being a little critical of city, you know its ON!
Even though he's probably the best City related journo with inside info, I think he's a United fand.
Can't remember where I heard that.

Kapardin

Luckhurst may not have the best sources but he's intelligent and usually make good points.
His opinion pieces are always good. But his transfer news bar Matic signing have always been terrible.

Its' funny, the number of English ITK journos who popped up only after Di Marzio broke the news and Jose more or less confirmed it. What were they doing before then. None of them have a bloody clue.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Have never understood this line of thought. Our attack is hardly littered with world class players. Sanchez fits in wherever he is most effective.
Oh I know, I'm just curious as to where that would be. He seems to be better at LW, RW is more of a weakness for us but we could probably do with his goal threat centrally. He'll improve us wherever he plays, I'm just wondering where we'd get the most out of him.

minoo-utd

Can I be over the fecking moon right now? Or this will end up in tears, after all this excitement really!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
John Cross is the reporter. He rarely gets Arsenal news wrong
Whatever the outcome of this saga. He will have been completely wrong.

There you have the nature of modern journalism.

Woodzy

The media and rival fans are going to bang on about the money being spent on this, but the reality is that we are getting a world class player for a fraction of what they would cost if that contract wasn't running out.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Why are the fecking journos implying that if we sign Sanchez it would be only because City have let us have him? We're a much bigger club you fecking cnuts! It could be because the player actually prefers to join Manchester United instead of looking at an empty trophy cabinet all day.

milemuncher777

formerly kid777
Still think we're being played and he'll end up at City. Also we shouldn't be looking to sign players who are just after money because this transfer doesn't make an iota of sense on footballing level as City are clearly a better side then us right now.

Man-United

His opinion pieces are always good. But his transfer news bar Matic signing have always been terrible.
Agree on that. He's one of the better to follow on twitter for United articles imo, more like a fan opinion and interesting reads.

Suv666

Finally we'll have the star, the marquee player, the talisman in our front three. So fecking exicted :drool::drool:
Imagine if we land Ozil in the summer too. I can already hear the bluds and the fams ringing in my ears :lol:

Judas

Open to offers
Why are the fecking journos implying that if we sign Sanchez it would be only because City have let us have him? We're a much bigger club you fecking cnuts! It could be because the player actually prefers to join Manchester United instead of looking at an empty trophy cabinet all day.
It will be because City have let us have him though? If City wanted to outbid us, they could. But we clearly want him more than they do.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Still think we're being played and he'll end up at City. Also we shouldn't be looking to sign players who are just after money because this transfer doesn't make an iota of sense on footballing level as City are clearly a better side then us right now.
May be he wants to go to a team that will win the league because of him rather than without him and he doesn't want to collect a cheap trophy.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
We are second you know, in the champions league have one of the best managers in the world etc. Also i could spin it as Sanchez being incredibally ambitious and challenging so as to help put manutd on top of the league. If press had run with this, you would be creaming yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.