Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Arguably past his best now. Still think he'll be very good but hardly an improvement on Aguero.

soapythecat

If this done pan out, then fair fecks to City for just getting on with spending money.
They knew they had to and they have done everything to put together, what is looking like, a brilliant side. We may hate them but that is the truth.
Sanchez would be a brilliant signing for anyone. In this current City or Liverpool side he will be outrageously good.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Their attacking depth is ridiculously way ahead of us.

Bojan11

Arguably past his best now. Still think he'll be very good but hardly an improvement on Aguero.
This.

They already been scoring goals, I don’t think Sanchez is a bigger improvement than their attacking trio. I would be more worried if they signed Griezmann or Dybala.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Who will Arsenal look to in order to replace him? Could Mahrez be attainable or will Leicester be unwilling to negotiate on this one till at least the summer? Is Lemar a possibility or he is simply way too ambitious a target for Arsenal in their predicament and probably a good deal more likely to join someone like Liverpool?

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Alexis is after the money at this point of his career. He will go where they offer him the most. Apparently City are the ones who can pay him mega money. He will also meet his former boss, even if they had their issues in the past.
Probably wants trophies actually. :houllier:

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
This.

They already been scoring goals, I don’t think Sanchez is a bigger improvement than their attacking trio. I would be more worried if they signed Griezmann or Dybala.
I actually think Aguero will get sold in the summer and be replaced by somebody of that younger ilk. I think Dybala would be fantastic but he’d cost a fortune above what Aguero could be sold for. I just think Pep prefers Sanchez to Aguero and this is the method to replace him by getting him in 6 months early to cover Jesus’ injury and chase trophies this year.

el3mel

This looks inevitable doesn't it ?

However I don't say he'll be of that great impact. Their attack looks already great anyway and he'll be entering his 30 next season. He'll probably replace Aguero who might leave this summer once and for all.

Nick7

I never understood fans, especially United fans crying foul of players going after money. Like damn, if I had job offers from three companies for the same job and one was paying twice the others I wouldn't even think twice. It's not like we don't splash out on extravagant wages either.

AshRK

Chequebook manager strikes again :devil:

But on a serious note , this is a massive signing and shows how far the oil money clubs are going from clubs like us. I doubt any other club would make such an impact signing if they had lost their player to injury. Moreover he can also play in CL, massive signing to an already established attack.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Well According to the papers, we get “snubbed” every week. Even by players we havent even been in for :lol:

But yeah, Aguero would never make the switch. Hazard would even be more likely, I think.
Actually I think we could persuade him to join. Looks like hes unhappy at City after being benched more often than not. Hes likely to lose his place with Sanchez joining and Jesus being younger. A cheeky bid and he could join kind of like Tevez did, the other way, all those years ago.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Top player, not lost anything IMV. The situation might prey on him a bit. The only way this goes sour is if he starts moaning at his new teammates when things to come off. 20 or 35m, steal.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Actually I think we could persuade him to join. Looks like hes unhappy at City after being benched more often than not. Hes likely to lose his place with Sanchez joining and Jesus being younger. A cheeky bid and he could join kind of like Tevez did, the other way, all those years ago.
There is not even a 0.0000000001% chance that City would sell Aguero to United ffs :lol: you can't seriously believe that?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Is it possible for us to get involved in some way to ramp the price up? He would strengthen them even further and I hope we're not just stood around with our dicks in our hands.

30m in this climate for a player like Sanchez is a fecking mega bargain.
It isn't like they are skint so it would serve no purpose

Luke1995

There is still a chance he signs a new contract at Arsenal if they qualify for the next champions league.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
It was widely reported that he wanted £400k a week on his next move. City will pay him an insane signing on fee on top of his wages.
It was widely reported that he wanted such money from the likes of PSG and Bayern, which could have easily been just a leak from his agent so they'd stop bothering. Unless you know something which we regular posters do not.

Classical Mechanic

It was widely reported that he wanted such money from the likes of PSG and Bayern, which could have easily been just a leak from his agent so they'd stop bothering. Unless you know something which we regular posters do not.
How much do you think you will pay him a week, the signing on bonus and the length of the contract for a a 29 year old player?

Why would he want to stop other clubs from trying to sign him, even if he has no interest in signing for them it gives him leverage in any negotiations with City.

Do you think if he just told them to stop contacting him, they would start stalking him with contract offers?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This signing will be a blessing in disguise for Utd, because it's such a ridiculous statement of attacking riches that it totally tips the scales on what the Glazers are putting back into the club.

Being that far ahead and then signing Sanchez, in January, will shift so much focus onto the investment into Utd (as all news stories about City are always using Utd as a comparison).

It will highlight that this Utd side needs 2 elite level signings ASAP if the club wants to even keep up with City...

And if that doesn't come, the pressure will gradually start to increase on the Glazers.

That's my prediction anyway.

sekularic

Why should an agent do this? Thats like counterproductive to what an agent should be doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Di Marzio says £13m/year net. Personally I think he's mixing up net with gross, since in Italy we generally only talk about net figures...

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Arsenal are such a badly run club that it defies belief. Alexis Sanchez with a proper contract was a 75+ million player , they were rumoured to have been offered 55 million in the summer and now 4 months later they are getting 20 million. No idea who makes the financial decisions but shit like this would get you fired in any other business

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Arsenal are such a badly run club that it defies belief. Alexis Sanchez with a proper contract was a 75+ million player , they were rumoured to have been offered 55 million in the summer and now 4 months later they are getting 20 million. No idea who makes the financial decisions but shit like this would get you fired in any other business
You really think, we would sell Sanchez on the last day of the summer transfer window without a replacement? It was to late to get Lemar, so of course we haven't sold him. I dont know how it was backstage, but City made their bids in the last week of the window and their final bid on the last day.

Jig1234

Option 1 sounds perfect - He signs in January, Arsenal get £20m, he gets a £15m signing bonus - More importantly Sanchez could win 2-3 trophies in 5 months. I'd go in this window.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This signing will be a blessing in disguise for Utd, because it's such a ridiculous statement of attacking riches that it totally tips the scales on what the Glazers are putting back into the club.

Being that far ahead and then signing Sanchez, in January, will shift so much focus onto the investment into Utd (as all news stories about City are always using Utd as a comparison).

It will highlight that this Utd side needs 2 elite level signings ASAP if the club wants to even keep up with City...

And if that doesn't come, the pressure will gradually start to increase on the Glazers.

That's my prediction anyway.
Wishful thinking.

Needless to say it’s a class signing. They don’t have competition in the PL but he could potentially take them further in the CL. cnuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.