Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axkiko

This is a win/win situation for United. If we get him, we get a quality player from under the noses of City. If we don’t get him, we push the price up.
Pushing the price up against City seems irrelevant to them. At last it's benefit Arsenal.

sully1

Maybe just Maybe Woodward and Glazers are seeing players of Coutinho standard going for £140 million and are getting shocked at the market so going for a below market price Sanchez and Ozil becomes very well thought of policy.

Mourinho did say Pogbas transfer will look like a steal in a year or 2 time and hes 100% correct.

twitter thread suggester
The media has obviously been briefed. Probably by City making up stuff.

saivet

Arsenal would rather sell to City than us and he'll surely choose City over us if trophies are his aim in the next few years. Doubt there is anything in this.
If it means they could sign Miki I'd beg to differs.

Trizy

I would like to see the percentage between games he starts left/centrally/right, I am pretty sure the right percentage will be pretty bloody low.
Didn't he spend his entire time at Barcelona and Udinese out right?

Nick7

Yeah, if you buy Sanchez you play him where he can destroy teams not shoe horn him into an unnatural position for him. No disrespect but I cannot see why he would choose United over City.
Yeah I don't see him coming to us, but in Miki's role, maybe would be where he would go. A floating second striker, can pull out to the left or right.

el3mel

Arsenal only care about profit. If we gave them more money + a replacement for Sanchez already (Mikhi) then no chance in hell they'll favor City on us.

It's all up to the player and his agent so let's see.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sanchez is fine on the right. In fact, according to the caf, hardly anybody can play on the right these days!

Nick7

The media has obviously been briefed. Probably by City making up stuff.
Miki being offered is my only problem with this, why would a City brief mention that? I think we might have actually made an offer. Whether we get him or not is a completely other story.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah I don't see him coming to us, but in Miki's role, maybe would be where he would
go. A floating second striker, can pull out to the left or right.
Where would that leave Martial, Rashford and Mata if your going with more of a 2 up top?

Nick7

Where would that leave Martial, Rashford and Mata if your going with more of a 2 up top?
Martial and Rashford still fighting it out for left wing as they've been doing all season. Mata fighting it out for the right wing?

stepic

I would like to see the percentage between games he starts left/centrally/right, I am pretty sure the right percentage will be pretty bloody low.
doesn't matter, he can play there. that's the main thing. we're not going to play him on the left, drop martial/rash and keep mata on the right. won't happen.

el3mel

Why are we worrying so much when will he play ? Play Martial, Lukaku and Sanchez up top with 3 midfielders behind them and let them interchange their position like what we saw in the Everton game.

That's hardly our biggest problem ! Let's first see if we'll even sign him or not!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Id fecking fecking yomp Mkhiki all the way from Manchester to London in my old bergen whilst tugging myself vigorously. Unfortunately- the deal won’t happen so no cnut will have to witness that.

Smores

Why are we worrying so much when will he play ? Play Martial, Lukaku and Sanchez up top with 3 midfielders behind them and let them interchange their position like what we saw in the Everton game.

That's hardly our biggest problem ! Let's first see if we'll even sign him or not!
With Lingard and Pogba behind supported by Matic would certainly solve our goal scoring "issues" (that don't really exist).

I don't believe this but i can't stop myself from buying into it so I'm all in.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Imagine there are people who wouldn't be delighted to swap Mkhi for Sanchez! :lol:

Luke1995

Let's see if Liverpool try to leapfrog both Manchester's. That Coutinho money is there...

CA1

He's a fantastic player.

Great players like him are always welcome at Old Trafford.

Whether it happens or not really does remain to be seen. He could be a main man here at United, not sure he'd be that at City.

Plg91

Sorry if anyone've already asked: Can he play in the ECL ?

SuperiorXI

I refuse to believe we would make a bid if we did not think we could get him.
I think it is possible. We are supposed to be rivals, you want to be hurting your rival any way you can. Even if it just adds an extra 10m to the fee. If we can snatch him from under their noses I say well done. Proper gut punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.