Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopp_De_Klown

Hoping the reports about the details aren't true.
We are fecking retarded if we're going to be paying this guy 500k per week, and on top of a 10m or 20m signing bonus to boot. Woody has more money than sense. Sanchez alone will not make us title contenders. Would be better to spend the money on 2 players at 250k each.
Its a straight swap, no money to get Sanchez. However, 10-15M might be needed to lubricate the wheels of business agents fees and paying arsenal Mkhi's sign on bonus or such like things. As he has no sign on bonus, supposedly, he can demand higher wages, which is the same thing really only over a long period of time. His contract renewal (if) would see him paid much less per week. Remember Zlatan was on 350Kpw as we got him on a free. Add into that we are saving/offsetting 170Kpw Mkhi's contract. We are selling a player too. So the deal balances the books somewhat.

Basically, we pay 15M ish and the 170Kpw wages more than we already were paying Mkhi for a top Player. To one of the footballs top 5 clubs it's a pittance for a player of Sanchez quality. Even if we throw 30M sign on bonus to Sanchez it's still a great deal.

Which is why all them cryin cnuts are bitching and moaning making up silly numbers adding on the price, with taxis and chartered planes and what not. To continue the narrative/agenda that United are clueless in the market. Which you can see they are not. They wiped Citys eye with this deal its Alves all over again! Don't forget that City are off crying in the corner over this! They even invented Chelsea, they were that salty!

CharlyBesnier

I know. I wonder if that's accurate, such a long contract for his age. Makes total sense on his part, not so much on ours. I'd be very confident that we'd get 2 and a half top seasons from him, not sure about how he'll be at 32-33 given how much he's played, most summers etc. and the intensity with which he plays.

Anyone know what his dedication is like, in keeping himself in shape, diet etc.?
Well, we know here in Chile, that he cares a lot of himself, like he don't ever smoke or drink, or anything else, eat incredibly well, and is like MAD about Football (He really loves this game becouse saved his family's future and himself from poverty and drugs and stuff like that, they were and still are very humble), even in vacations he runs in the beach with their dogs and stuff like that. We know that because in chilean TV had made a tons of documentary or news about his lifestyle, his origins, his family and stuff like that.

I personaly think that he's gonna be like robben, zlatan o even Giggs, he will give us 4 years of top level performance at least.

Again, sorry about my primitive english. jejejej GGMU

Reactions: Sultan

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The proposed Sanchez transfer is most lucrative for the player, on a salary of £350,000 per week, and his agent on a fee of around £12million. Less so for Arsenal, who would nonetheless bank the equivalent of £30million in the form of the great doleful Armenian playmaker, Henrik Mkhitaryan.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...zs-deal-eyewatering-could-become-norm-ageing/

Telegraph's chief football writer said Sanchez is on 350K per week. Now everyday wages is going down after creating sensation in the media.

Macern

Pee pee pants
If this doesn't happen tomorrow then I can easily see it dragging into early next week. Have we ever made signings in the middle of a PL round?

United Pro

Burn your bridges, did you Arsene?

Edit: As close as Wenger can come to saying this is a done deal.
Yeah this should go through barring Raiola making a Miki swap deal impossible and either Arsenal not being able to get a replacement or us not willing to match Arsenal's evaluation of Sanchez for whatever reason.

Sterling Archer

Burn your bridges, did you Arsene?

Edit: As close as Wenger can come to saying this is a done deal.
Oof did he actually say this?

I have to agree with him to an extent. Maybe it's also that it has been public knowledge that Sanchez would be leaving for some time now. So perhaps that thought is easier to swallow. I don't recall RVP's departure being quite as drawn out.

TrebleFan99

What is the final deadline for Sanchez to sign the contract in order to play against Burnely?
Getting worried this deal won't get over the line in time for Sanchez to feature at Burnley.

This thread is going to explode if we have to wait another week to see him in a United shirt.

Please Woody...get it done by noon

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Oof did he actually say this?

I have to agree with him to an extent. Maybe it's also that it has been public knowledge that Sanchez would be leaving for some time now. So perhaps that thought is easier to swallow. I don't recall RVP's departure being quite as drawn out.
He said that and he gave reasons. He signed RVP from reserves and he was with them for years. When he was ready to play big role he left. So that was more painful for Wenger.

Klopp_De_Klown

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...zs-deal-eyewatering-could-become-norm-ageing/

Telegraph's chief football writer said Sanchez is on 350K per week. Now everyday wages is going down after creating sensation in the media.
Finally someone reporting the truth. No actual fee to arsenal and 350Kpw is still massive, of course, he will have the Rooney contract with a bigger percentage of his merchandising on top but this sounds correct. And what was accepted on Sunday and Monday. Till they realised it was a fantastic deal for United and that simpily wouldn't do!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If this doesn't happen tomorrow then I can easily see it dragging into early next week. Have we ever made signings in the middle of a PL round?
No but Di Maria was announced about an hour before a league cup game if I remember right.

Jamie Shawcross

Alexis Sanchez

Signing for Man City - "Great player, linking up with Pep to make City even stronger!!! Wow how we all admire Man City and their intent"
Signing for Man Utd - "How much?! Hes choosing money over true footballing romance. Its a complete gamble at his age. United are ruining the market and the game"
Signing for Man City - "It seems like an inevitability he will join City in January, its a case of when, not if. He wants trophies which is understandable"
Signing for Man Utd - "I cannot BELIEVE Wenger is selling Sanchez to Man Utd!"
Signing for Man City - "I believe he has offered to play for nothing, because hes so desperate to be around lord Pep, hes even offered to wash the kits for the honour of being at such a huge club"
Signing for Man Utd - "United are said to be paying Sanchez 1,000,000 a minute and a bonus of 3,000,000 for every touch of the ball"

BITTER!

Reactions: KM

FujiVice

feck, remember that period where we'd have no shots on target throughout the whole 90 minutes? I just remember Burnley, Swansea and Sunderland being ungodly boring under Van Gaal.

United_We_Stand

Sorry if this was posted before

It's (up to) £450k a week according to the Times.

But Andy Mitten believes these reported numbers are exaggerated

Womp

idiot
Why is everyone so obsessed with the wages? Who honestly gives a shit. Couldn't give a feck how much he was earning. Firstly, I doubt information like that would be disclosed to other players and even if it was, 350-400k a week is how much World class players are making now, so if other players in the squad want as much, if they're deemed worthy they will get as much.

There are accountants and lawyers left right and centre, I'm sure the club is well aware of what they can and can't spend.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Even if Sánchez signs today, he will not start against Burnley. You can’t just throw a player into the team when he does not know his team mates well or when he’s not familiar with the play style of the team. He needs a couple of days to get up to speed. He might come on for some minutes as a substitute but he would not start or play the majority of the game I would think.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Why is everyone so obsessed with the wages? Who honestly gives a shit. Couldn't give a feck how much he was earning. Firstly, I doubt information like that would be disclosed to other players and even if it was, 350-400k a week is how much World class players are making now, so if other players in the squad want as much, if they're deemed worthy they will get as much.

There are accountants and lawyers left right and centre, I'm sure the club is well aware of what they can and can't spend.
Shhhhh... Stop making sense on the internet bro. :nono:

el3mel

I said previously, I don't care even if he gets 1000k a week if it will piss off these crap journalists even more.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Even if Sánchez signs today, he will not start against Burnley. You can’t just throw a player into the team when he does not know his team mates well or when he’s not familiar with the play style of the team. He needs a couple of days to get up to speed. He might come on for some minutes as a substitute but he would not start or play the majority of the game I would think.
Not to mention A few complete weeks of training to get attuned to our system, teammates, tactics and especially instructions of coaches. He would be pleasantly surprised to see there are no busses here.

boxykronikle

COme on! Make this happen already!

I think this is the first time for a transfer that I followed that both managers admitting something is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.