Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucks

RT History Department
Someone should gif Mourinho and Ed onto a floyd mayweather clip where he is "throwin' huneds"

ManuMou

bookmakers pricing in 95% probability. You never gonna get any higher than this number !

Announce Sanchezzzzzzzzzzzz !

Denis79

Early days, but I wonder if he could have Van Persie-like effect on the team.
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I've always rated him very highly. Think he's coming here invigorated and motivated, a Sanchez on fire is top 5 in the world in his position.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hoping the reports about the details aren't true.
We are fecking stupid if we're going to be paying this guy 500k per week, and on top of a 10m or 20m signing bonus to boot. Woody has more money than sense. Sanchez alone will not make us title contenders. Would be better to spend the money on 2 players at 250k each.
You're relentlessly negative.

Wan

Hello mate, hope you're well :)

I think it doesn't help that we've had a hit or miss record when it comes to the big transfers in recent times. We've had Mata, Di Maria, and Depay were attaching players that we signed without having a clear vision for how they'd fit into the team imo. The positive for me is that Mourinho didnt sign any of those players and he tends to know what he wants. He might wonder why the money is suddenly available when it wasn't for Ivan Perisic, maybe.

Anyway your suggestion about second striker makes sense. Hope we can get the RHS of our attack sorted in the summer.
The money was available. According to reports went as high as 45m with Inter refusing to sell.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Sanchez passes my eye test but you have to ask the question -- Does he look good because he is in an average Arsenal team/rose amongst thorns or because he is actually that good?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Sanchez passes my eye test but you have to ask the question -- Does he look good because he is in an average Arsenal team/rose amongst thorns or because he is actually that good?
He is actually that good. Why are people questioning Sanchez's abilities all of a sudden?

Womp

idiot
He's one of a very small number of players who are genuinely World class in the PL

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a world class player and has obviously been for years. Just look at the shit he does. Or whenever he plays for Chile. He had a "meh" barcelona career as he isn't suited to that style where it's possession and 1 touch and then passing it away, but he was blatantly world class whenever you saw him for Chile even then. 2014 world cup he was brilliant and was always going to be a bargain for whoever got him from Barca. Then he's been one of the top 3 players in the league since joining. Easily world class and one of the top 5 in the league when on form like he was last season.

Antonedwin

Even if Sánchez signs today, he will not start against Burnley. You can’t just throw a player into the team when he does not know his team mates well or when he’s not familiar with the play style of the team. He needs a couple of days to get up to speed. He might come on for some minutes as a substitute but he would not start or play the majority of the game I would think.
Shhhhh... Stop making sense on the internet bro. :nono:
Not to mention A few complete weeks of training to get attuned to our system, teammates, tactics and especially instructions of coaches. He would be pleasantly surprised to see there are no busses here.
Not Really , they will expect him to play ASAP . we made him the highest earner in EPL, surely people want him to play as many minutes as possible

TsuWave

he has been great since udinese

Cantonagotmehere

Why is everyone so obsessed with the wages? Who honestly gives a shit. Couldn't give a feck how much he was earning. Firstly, I doubt information like that would be disclosed to other players and even if it was, 350-400k a week is how much World class players are making now, so if other players in the squad want as much, if they're deemed worthy they will get as much.

There are accountants and lawyers left right and centre, I'm sure the club is well aware of what they can and can't spend.
It's great. The all hate United again.

Rock on Ed and Jose.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's a world class player and has obviously been for years. Just look at the shit he does. Or whenever he plays for Chile. He had a "meh" barcelona career as he isn't suited to that style where it's possession and 1 touch and then passing it away, but he was blatantly world class whenever you saw him for Chile even then. 2014 world cup he was brilliant and was always going to be a bargain for whoever got him from Barca. Then he's been one of the top 3 players in the league since joining. Easily world class and one of the top 5 in the league when on form like he was last season.
Cheers!

One of my all-time favourite players was Veron. You had to built the team around him to maximise his talents. Fergie didnt. Let's hope Sanchez doesnt require this adjustment.

Betson

so many great goals here
Good mixture of goals , he will get himself into positions for the tap in's as well , looks deceptively easy to do but you need to have good football instincts and quick feet , he has both in spades.

Pscholes18

So what's the hold up? Mhitki still trying to figure out what to do? Arse should take him, send him back to Dortmund as part of the Aurb deal.

Denis79

Shhhhh. Once he signs for us hes going to better suited to rugby in the eyes of many.
Knowing this forum he'll be over the hill, every bad game he has his wages will be brought up and people who dislike him for whatever reason will waiting under rocks for him to make mistakes. The man is a world-class player and I hope he hits the ground running.

muffinman

So what's the hold up? Mhitki still trying to figure out what to do? Arse should take him, send him back to Dortmund as part of the Aurb deal.
Don't know why everyone is so antsy. It will be announced by the time Mou holds his presser. Doubt he'll play on the weekend, great vid btw, some cracking goals there

Reactions: Sultan

gr3yham3

Hopefully both players have already flown/travelled to Manchester/London respectively over the night, are now sleeping away in the respective hotels awaiting the morning when things can start moving again. Please get this past the line before 12pm!

Oldhamer90

Supports
Oldham Athletic
Hey, Oldham fan here. Got a few questions for a few of you.

1. Is Alexis Sanchez worth the wages that are being offered to Manchester United, and how will that have an impact on future transfer windows- if let's say his wages stop United from landing a top target like Bale who would command a similar wage?

2. Would any players be offloaded to fund this deal? Where does this leave Juan Mata, with the current contract situation, will he have to leave?

3. Was this transfer, worth it just to stop City and Pep from further pulling away? Are there not other younger targets who United could have got on less wages/more value for money, or is it worth it to United to act now before he moved to City?

4. Where do some of you think Sanchez will play and who will come out of the side for him?

5. Who would you want United to target in the summer to go alongside Sanchez? How many players will be brought in? Does this mean Griezmann isn't a target and will City/Chelsea move for him instead? If he signed for either one, how would you feel about that?

6. What do you think Sanchez will bring to the team and for the rest of the season? Will his impact help you catch City?

Personally I think it's a gamble but it's a gamble worth taking due to the current situation United are in, and looking at City- they're flying and adding Sanchez would be even worse for everyone else in the league. So I think United needed to act now- whatever the price.

Reactions: Raoul
Status
Not open for further replies.