Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully Fledged

Why do people keep quoting £180m? With other transfers they just seem to quote the transfer fee. E.g. How much did Liverpool pay for Van Dyke? I heard £75m reported so is this including all signing on fees, agent fee and wages over how ever many years?
There are more ABU's out there to click on their stories then there are Man Utd fans. Fans of other clubs love to hate us and need fuel for their hate. They will click on any story that maligns us. Media outlets make money from those clicks.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Can’t believe this still hasn’t been resolved either way. I appreciate a swap deal is more complicated but jeez this is getting ridiculous....

Ainu

Maybe some can fill me in with more information but when United was winning league after league I don't remember us being lauded so much in the media. Of course there were positive articles but always got the sense some of them, many, just can't wait for us too fall. It was always they're done, they're in decline, Fergie is retiring and whatnot. I mean maybe it was cause it was boring after a while cause we were so good and always on top.

This salivating over City and Pep is disgusting. I mean ok, people are enjoying good football they produce and they're having freakingly good season but media acts like United has suddenly, over night, become some no name midtable club which can offer only money to wc players and has no right to meddle into mighty City business. Not to mention saying Alexis has chosen us just for the money unlike poor City which doesnt have it and if they do it certainly not some oil money.

Quoting his price with wages is mental. Never seen anything like it.
When pretty much everyone wants you to fail, you know you've been a very successful club for so long that people are sick and tired of it. When pretty much everyone is cheering you on, well, it's the opposite.

Ban

When pretty much everyone wants you to fail, you know you've been a very successful club for so long that people are sick and tired of it. When pretty much everyone is cheering you on, well, it's the opposite.
Yeah, on the other hand it's nice to see they again hate our guts.
It was hard when they were laughing at us and even pitied us.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Anything to get the clicks and retweets I guess.
It really must be the easiest job in the world. Look at Ballbag, shown over and over and over to be a total bag of wind yet gets wheeled out as an expert by outlets all over the country.

C'est Moi Cantona

We only paid £27m for him and he's an underwhelming 1.5 seasons into that deal.
We got him for a reasonable price then, plus the market has moved on since then, the point is he has a value, and reasonable at it might be, that is the fee we are paying.

R'hllor

Hope for next press conference, JM stage some workers asking jurnos to stand up so they can take their chairs away, when they ask whats going on, JM can say " Sorry about that but due Sanchez deal where we pay him 1mil per week, we are forced to sell anything we can, so we dont bankrupt. Guess from now on, you will have to stand..."

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We got him for a reasonable price then, plus the market has moved on since then, the point is he has a value, and reasonable at it might be, that is the fee we are paying.
We're not paying a fee. Stone saying matter of factly that there is a £30m transfer fee is quite simply lying.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
It really must be the easiest job in the world. Look at Ballbag, shown over and over and over to be a total bag of wind yet gets wheeled out as an expert by outlets all over the country.
We're probably all somewhat at fault for talking about them over and over and giving them attention :lol: Still, depressing that that's the way it is.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
How has Barcelona been able to afford Coutinho* (£204,4m) & Dembele** (€245m) when they only got €222m for Neymar?! I think us journalists need to have another look at the money pushed around for players. We should get more for our hard work.

* £142m transfer-cost & £62 400 000 in wages over 5 years and agent fee not even taken into account.
** €136m transfer-cost when all is paid, 9m agent fees, and up to 20m per year for 5 years.
Also, obviously just being a dick about how "journalists" claim we're paying 180m for Sanchez.

Flying high

Yeah, on the other hand it's nice to see they again hate our guts.
It was hard when they were laughing at us and even pitied us.
They are still laughing.
But now it's a hollow, nervous laugh.
When we win the league again is when the laughing turns to wailing and rage. That's the sweet spot.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Wenger said plain as day that it's a straight player exchange, but these feckheads have pulled a transfer fee out of their arses and are throwing it around like it's fact.
Wait, what?! I assumed it was Mkhi + £30m which is why the press have gone into meltdown. Is the £30m referring to Mkhi's original £27m fee, but rounded up to help make it sound as much as possible?

Fully Fledged

We're probably all somewhat at fault for talking about them over and over and giving them attention :lol: Still, depressing that that's the way it is.
If you don't click they don't make money. Golum's ballbag is a different matter he's paid by Sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.