Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluctuation0161

Doesn’t the money (£35m a year in salary & sign-on fees) and players age (30 next season) completely take the shine off this deal? I’m not all sure Mourinho is respecting the financial stability of the club!
:lol:
We’ve literally just moved ahead of Real Madrid and Barcelona in the revenue stakes.

Also the wages are not confirmed.

Maybe wait for some facts before forming your opinion.

ChaddyP

Full details
Translation -

Final banter, white smoke that will arrive soon. It is almost to be completed, the double deal that will bring Mkhitaryan to Arsenal and Alexis Sanchez to Manchester United. The Armenian player has found the agreement with the London company: the last details are being completed, the handshake is just around the corner. Once the agreement has been put in black and white, we will proceed with the green light of the exchange and the formalization of the double operation. Sanchez at the United and Mkhitaryan at Arsenal, we are really at the final stages.
Almost home!

Antonedwin

So he will be playing on the left, right? Can he play on the right?
No way. Martial and Rashford will battle it out for the LW position.
Sanchez will either play RW or behind Lukaku.
I think we would have to play him either on the left or up top to get the most out of him, especially scoring from counters, but I suppose the 10 role would work as well.
Our front 3 should be capable of exchanging position during the game. Martial / rashford can do left & center. Lukaku center or right ( he is good enough attacking from the right ) and Sanchez can cover all 3 position

AshRK

Now let us win at burnley and sign Sanchez and meanwhile city drop points. That would be one heck of a day for us united fans.

ZAGREB RED

Signing Sanchez is huge, getting him in a straight swap for a player who isn't really in Mourinho's plans is a huge added bonus.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Embarrassing for these British journos how a huge transfer between two of the PLs biggest clubs is being broken step-by-step from Italy.

They don’t even have any shame, they will be on Sky Sports News saying ‘our colleagues at Sky Italia tell us...’. It’s on your fecking door step mate, how about YOU tell us!

TsuWave

Listened to this show last night. They were actually talking a lot of sense. Only thing that irked me was the constant repetition of the 'omg 500k a week' thing. How can you have a show where people debate whether choosing united over city was purely for financial reasons, when we don't know what either club offered?
sportwitness tweeted the other day that the "close sources" leaking all this to the media, as in the £500K and the supposed Chelsea interest, are City's camp. And that makes sense considering The Times reported Sanchez asked City for £500K, and that he's actually moving to us for less than what he wanted from City:

all this information seems to have been lost in the hysteria and frenzy the media have been whipping to paint United as the evil money empire but yeah, the origin of the "£500K" is most likely City as those were the demands Sanchez made to them. Great smear campaign tbh. funny thing is the supposed "mercenary that's only coming here for money" is actually coming to United for less than what he demanded from City. £350K salary + image rights.

CA1

In amongst all the twitter rubbish in this modern era, it must be acknowledged what a great journalist(s) Di Marzio and his sidekicks are. They have a lot of very good contacts.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Quite unbelievable this is actually going to happen. We should have signed him when Arsenal did and he's always looked perfect for us but after we didn't go for him in the summer I thought our chances were gone forever.

What a signing this is.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Embarrassing for these British journos how a huge transfer between two of the PLs biggest clubs is being broken step-by-step from Italy.

They don’t even have any shame, they will be on Sky Sports News saying ‘our colleagues at Sky Italia tell us...’. It’s on your fecking door step mate, how about YOU tell us!
LOL true

Klopp_De_Klown

TBF I think it actually believed both players did say their goodbyes. Which would say to me. Anytime between FT this afternoon and Monday.

Will there be a race to see who signs who first?

Janson

Our front 3 should be capable of exchanging position during the game. Martial / rashford can do left & center. Lukaku center or right ( he is good enough attacking from the right ) and Sanchez can cover all 3 position
That's right but they'd still need to have fixed positions in order to track their men on defense. It's not practical to have them switch all the time at will.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Anyone ever wonder who Di Marzio's sources might be? Raiola is one for sure
He's like Varys in GOT. Little birds everywhere. He even had a picture during Darmian's medical or press release for MUTV.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
How many times have they implied it's at the final stages? They try to imply that every day will be THE day with these unclear, non committal tweets.
How dare you disrespect the transfer God! Di Marzio has been excellent right through this saga. First one to report our interest in Sanchez and suggest Mkhi could be going the other way and the first to report on Raiola being in London.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

They are busy smashing their key boards and cats as Sanchez rejected Pep and City.

peridigm

It’s probably easier for the clubs to process than one deal.
I know in general business you can’t trade something without also recording the transaction and having money change hands. Not saying this was ever the intention with a swap but most people may not realize that and pickup on the money part of the deal as the swap being dead. Gov’t gonna tax either way.

Canagel

This. I'm going to follow Sky Italia from now on for any transfer news.

Status
Not open for further replies.