Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

If he gets number 7 and debuts against Yeovil like I said in the united hour tweet I sent out I deserve a tagline.
I’d definitely not play him against lower league hacks. Leave him for later stages. Then again, he does need to bed into the squad.

Magnus

Another mad swede
Sanchez is a very good player but I am sick and tired of signing players older than 25. Sign for the future. Build it up like Sir Matt and Sir Alex. Learn how to get success from the past and sign Pulisic, Dybala and a Robson/Keane midfielder. Get Tuanzebe in the team and bring back TFM. LUHG

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
487 pages in this and the only truth or substance in the whole thread was contained in the tweets from Mr. Di Marzio and his colleagues. Plenty of good banter but not one other journalist emerges with any credit.

WPMUFC

it's all done, Mkhi has agreed with arsenal and Raiola has briefed Di Marzio. I would imagine both players will be announced tonight, early tomorrow morning at the very latest.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Embarrassing for these British journos how a huge transfer between two of the PLs biggest clubs is being broken step-by-step from Italy.

They don’t even have any shame, they will be on Sky Sports News saying ‘our colleagues at Sky Italia tell us...’. It’s on your fecking door step mate, how about YOU tell us!
My friends, john cross and the daily mail had similar info last night/early morning.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
It's funny that the two people who have actually defended us and spoken sense are rival managers; Klopp and Wenger.

There have been some "journalists" who have really shown themselves up during the last week. Ballague especially has gone from being someone I think is a bit of a prat, to someone I will actively ignore from now on.

I also think

Hilarious!

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Sanchez is a very good player but I am sick and tired of signing players older than 25. Sign for the future. Build it up like Sir Matt and Sir Alex. Learn how to get success from the past and sign Pulisic, Dybala and a Robson/Keane midfielder. Get Tuanzebe in the team and bring back TFM. LUHG
We've tons of young talent, we're dying for a bit of experience and knowhow. Zlatan was good, but Sanchez is perfect.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
But our front line consists of players all under 25 bar one who is exactly 25. Rashford, Martial, Lukaku, lingard. Mata starts every now and then when Mourinho is in a good mood.

We need experience and quality now up front. Not another youngster.

The Bloody-Nine

If we want to win things now, we need to be signing the finished article.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Signing Sanchez is huge, getting him in a straight swap for a player who isn't really in Mourinho's plans is a huge added bonus.
Mkhitaryan was very definitely in Mourinho's plans when he came to the club. He just didn't deliver what was expected from him.

IAmAWinner

Lukaku, Martial, Pogba and Rashford are all young players with potential to be world class. Sometimes adding a player like Sanchez, who is at his peak and is world class is a sensible thing to do. He completes our attack imo.

Fluctuation0161

Generally I agree. But for our specific situation right now I feel we have a good number of young players. Actually what the squad needs right now is experience and quality, especially after the loss of Zlatan. This will aid the development of the younger lads.

Santos J

Lindelof, Lukaku, Bailly, Pogba?

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Doesn’t the money (£35m a year in salary & sign-on fees) and players age (30 next season) completely take the shine off this deal? I’m not all sure Mourinho is respecting the financial stability of the club!
1). The finances were just released, we are in excellent shape.
2). Jose dies not negotiate the deals, Ed does.

Nogbadthebad

I would imagine, given the shite that has come from the blues, announcing him at 6PM in the middle of their game tonight would be a nice move.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
This is the only source (John cross) claiming both of them are heading to their destinations. Looks like Raiola has fecked up the swap and now the deal will be two deals.
Isn't that how "swaps" usually work though? Each club "buys" the other player, only cash that actually changes hands is any difference in valuation?

matador

What’s the reaction in Chile like? Very pro him joining United?
A lot of excitement for it to happen, mate. We're looking forward to seeing Alexis wearing #7 on his back on such a legendary club.

We aren't a nation that produces lots of great players (although a couple of our young players have had a brief stay at the Theater of Dreams–Dante Poli, CB, retired, and Angelo Henriquez (ST); we hadn't had a major player ever since the likes of Marcelo "matador" Salas and Iván Zamorano, though. We're all pretty much aware of the huge difference between City and United and, therefore, are really happy he's joining the red side of the force.

Reactions: Penna

sosolid4u09

As do I. As well as a number of other grounds. Depends what you find offensive I suppose. Wishing death on people I'd agree with being a cnuts behaviour.

Bad language I couldn't give much of a feck about. As you might be able to tell. Aggression? Yeah. Quite enjoy the tribalism of football to be fair.

With that comes what you describe though...a certain number of cretins. Having followed both Rugby Union and Cricket most of my life...and having attended a fair bit of both that's not what I want football crowds to become.

Rugby League I love going to. Some of the best of both worlds IMO.
Agreed rugby seems the best Balance

AndyJ1985

We have another FM expert here. Someone who believes you can sign a load of kids with 190-200 potential and dominate for a decade.

Ferguson won trophies with loads of players over 25 btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.