Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemizee

The feeling among United fans in Nigeria is bloody incredible.... its really fun to be a Manchester United fan.
You can say this again.The anxiety levels are really high here.Some are keeping a vigil just to make sure they have the bragging rights of being the "first to know or first to announce".

Inversely, a lot of the Arsenal fans are furious with Sanchez and the entire Arsenal management for not selling him to anywhere else but us.

Reactions: KM

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
£180m over the course of the deal for a good player, but not a great player who is nearly 30 is the exact opposite of money well spent. Crazy.
He's easily one of the best players in the league, and he's been 29 for a month.

pauldyson1uk

I have to say that some United fans have not conducted themselves very well during this transfer sage
£180m over the course of the deal for a good player, but not a great player who is nearly 30 is the exact opposite of money well spent. Crazy.
behave !! he is one of the best players in the PL , he is going to make you eat those words,

IrishRedDevil

This will be announced late tonight, after all the PL games have been played and settled, to get the full Saturday night and Sunday morning media coverage.

My guess is around 8/9pm.

Magnus

Another mad swede
I've expressed meself very badly in this thread. Matic ofcourse is a great player but I still think we could have gone for someone more mobile. As for Sanchez, he is a brilliant player but I dont like players who turns us down like he did going to Barca. Turning us down is fair (not everyone can be an Unitedfan) but I don't want them to come if theyve turned us down once. I am sorry I let emotions get in the way of posting sensible. Still I think that signing Young players and bringing players through the academy is the way forward. Sorry for being a prick and WELCOME Alexis! Come on United!

BAJAMCSE

I have to say that some United fans have not conducted themselves very well during this transfer sage

behave !! he is one of the best players in the PL , he is going to make you eat those words,
Hope you’re right, just not that confident after the last 5 years of the United galactico transfer policy. I think it’s just ridiculous money, and the knowledge that if all things were equal, he would have chosen City. He is a mercenary.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I can't be arsed to search for it, but @harshad is it Sanchezter day today too?

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Let’s hope he’s a Pogba type mega money signing and not a di María...
he could be our new best player....
No potential to be Di Maria.

A player who'd been desperate to go Paris, had never played/lived in England, who quit 3 months in. There's no hint that of that about Sanchez - He knows what he's getting.

Acquire Me

Thank you. And @SirAF you should be grateful too. I'd hate watching the game while knowing there are unread posts in this thread. Wouldn't have been able to concentrate properly.
Anyway, there won't be any develompents right before or during the game, obviously, so no point in having the thread open for replies.
Good point. Muppets are crazy though. Posting here during a match makes no sense.

Hanky panky

It's done and that's it. And what we have learned? In future we should keep cocks in until:

1. Di Marzio says it's on.
2. Jose says he don't talk about other team players.
3. Palmeri says we will pay 30 million per year after taxes.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I am 47. I don't play FIFA or whatever. I just think that we should sign players with potential and try to get players through the acadamy. Sure you need some experience players aswell but I don't think Matic was the best buy we could've done and I don't care much for players turning us down for other clubs
You're living in the past.
In the 1970s, you could have a bunch of youngsters and they could win a lot of things.
Even the c/o 92 - that team was surrounded by older, more mature players, when they started playing for the first team.
And that brings us to 2018. There is no team, packed with youngsters which will win anything of significance in 2018. Last season we played Ajax, who did exactly that and in the EL final, we steam rolled through them. It was men against boys and it seemed almost too easy. Ajax stood no chance of winning. It was like taking a knife to a gunfight.

Still not convinced?
MCFC are setting records this season. How many U21 players does their first team have? I don't know the answer to this, but I guess very few.

If you want to win big things (which is Jose's target), we need to use experienced players, with maybe a few young players in the mix.

arthurka

Erm.... no we wouldn't. Absolutely not.

The Glazers have presided over the most successful period in the club's history @P-Nut0712 and have spent beyond all previous spending of the plc both in wages and transfer fees. Some of you conveniently forgot the old wage cap days.
You also forgot that the cost of their take over is over 1bn sterling... As many have pointed out it could have been so different. No one is complaining about it today but the Green and Gold was a valid point at the time. Luckily it all went well..

Status
Not open for further replies.