Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko21

Don't see why he would choose us over City, unless we're offering £100k more per week than they are.

Not gonna be too sad if/when we miss out on him as he's almost 30.
He'll want to pickup a winners medal come the end the season, without having actually worked for it.

VanGaalEra

I agree, we are just bracing ourselves for another muppet heartbreak :lol:
Sanchez and Ozil for a combined 50M in this crazy market :drool: :drool: :drool:

Lukaku, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez, Ozil and Mata. Love that as an attacking unit, has it all.

SaboTaj

Even if it’s a leak, only an actual bid from United will make City evaluate the situation seriously.

Because if United haven’t put in a bid, my guess is that City can easily find that out from Sanchez’s agent, which would make the leak pretty pointless. And if United have put in a bid, then well that’s really good news for us!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I’m still being pretty cautious about this...

But why are people so sure he wants to play for guardiola again? The guy pretty much humiliated him last time.

Yes city are the better team right now but he will face more competition there.

We can offer him more star power, just as good wages and arguably as competitive football wise. Mourinho is the sort of manager he will love also.

I don’t see why we would have made the bid open to the public if we didn’t have positive signs from Sanchez, but is Wenger really gonna sell to Mourinho?

IAmAWinner

It's great to see we are at least trying to sign him. I'm not getting my hopes up, he will still 95% choose City. But in the summer Lukaku was nailed on for Chelsea, so you never know. :)
Imagine if we sign both Sanchez and Özil, Robbie would be a billionaire. :D

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
I’m still being pretty cautious about this...

But why are people so sure he wants to play for guardiola again? The guy pretty much humiliated him last time.

Yes city are the better team right now but he will face more competition there.

We can offer him more star power, just as good wages and arguably as competitive football wise. Mourinho is the sort of manager he will love also.

I don’t see why we would have made the bid open to the public if we didn’t have positive signs from Sanchez, but is Wenger really gonna sell to Mourinho?
How did Guardiola humiliate him?

Drawfull

There were a lot of reports saying deal to city was done, aside from personal terms, weren't there? Maybe there was a stumbling block there and Mourinho's got wind of it?

I can't see any reason for us making an actual prepared and faxed bid if nothing new has come to light.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Good deal for us if we exchange mkhi. Am I the only one who think mkhi's play would be way suited for Arsenal?
It would make a lot of sense on many levels. Mkhi clearly has talent, but just not happening at United. Arsenal would be a fresh start at a decent level and solves a gap for Arsenal at a fair price as we want the deal.

For Sanchez the worry would be it still doesn’t guarantee trophies, but certainly increases the odds.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It's either bollocks or Sanchez will go to City anyway. About the best we can hope for here is that we cost City a little more of their infinite billions (although actually that'll strengthen Arsenal without weakening City, so...)

Bottom line, no Sanchez for us.

IrishRedDevil

I don't believe it, he will be a City player soon.

One thing I will say though is that Arsenal were chasing Mkhitaryan hard in the past and he snubbed them to join United, so their interest in Mkhitaryan might be real, which would give us slight advantage as City don't have any players they are willing to trade.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
From Di Marzio site, Mkhi offered to Arsenal.
The Inter link for Mkhitaryian kind of gives credance to this having legs. Whether ALexis would pick United over Guardiola is another matter but if you're offering him more money who knows.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How did Guardiola humiliate him?
There’s a pretty famous video of guardiola subbing sanchez after him not doing what he wanted, started calling him a son of a wh*re etc. Yes you can say it’s guardiolas passion but I doubt he took kindly to that

Mindhunter

Baffled at the negativity in here. Throughout the summer people have been crying hoarse and now when we actually go ahead and bid for him, the reaction is either underwhelming or something like "will be used by agent" etc.

For once let's appreciate the fact that we have our eyes open. The way I see it, only these two things can happen:
  1. He gets lured by the higher wages, better support, better marketing team and the promise of being the top dog and joins us.
  2. He rejects our advances but City have to significantly up their transfer fee as well as their salary offer
Both ways, it is a win for us. So I really don't understand the negativity in here.

For people suggesting that his heart is set on playing for Pep don't know anymore than me. Pep was the only one in for him and hasn't really come out praising Sanchez. On the other hand, he will be an instant top-dog here as he won't have any trouble replacing Mata/Rashford on the wings.

redom

We're like those lurkers waiting for the last 10 seconds on an ebay bid
Doesn't seem like a particularly smart tactic in the transfer market, by all accounts City have been laying the ground the work for this move for some time, the player knows their manager, they're playing good football, top of the league etc etc, why would we jump in at the last minute and think we have a chance? it just seems doomed to failure. Hopefully I'm wrong and we can pull this off because I think he would make more of a difference for us than for City but it's going to take something pretty special to pull this off in my opinion.

BarstoolProphet

RvP: Signed for us less than a month after turning 29

Sanchez: Turned 29 less than a month ago

Looks like a done deal:drool:

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
This would be (perhaps) the best signing we can make this January, I hope we're not being led down the garden path but feck me if it's true, it's excellent beyond belief.

Silas

There were a lot of reports saying deal to city was done, aside from personal terms, weren't there? Maybe there was a stumbling block there and Mourinho's got wind of it?

I can't see any reason for us making an actual prepared and faxed bid if nothing new has come to light.
It's the other way round. City agreed personal terms with Sanchez, but haven't agreed on a fee with Arsenal.

VanGaalEra

The Inter link for Mkhitaryian kind of gives credance to this having legs. Whether ALexis would pick United over Guardiola is another matter but if you're offering him more money who knows.
Mkhi would do well in the Arsenal setup, IMO.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Milhi would suit arsenal just fine. Week mentality in big games, flashes of brilinace against lesser sides.

Wenger speaking to Mou is a sci-fi thing though.
That sounds great for European competitions. sorry

Silas

Why would United risk him doing well at Arsenal when they can get the same cash for him abroad?
Because we'd be getting someone who can do well at United, whilst weakening Arsenal and preventing City from strengthening at the same time.

RAVred

To be honest, I'd rather ozil and bring in a big summer signing. But we can probably fit one in anyway if we get both (though our wage bill would be insane).

I'd rather Malcolm for 40m as well.

DanClancy

If United were in for him would they be daft enough not to have spoken to his agent first? Surely they have got some sort of indication from the agent there's a chance he'd come.

red4ever 79

Exactly. Now there isn’t a chance a footballer would choose United Over City?
Look let's be realistic. The pull we once had over players as gone down over the years. City and Chelsea can compete with us financially. If you are a player who wants to win things and are turning 29 meaning you only have a few years left at the top, then being honest he is more than likely to win more things in that time at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.