Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash_86

What, bottling it at the first sign of pressure? Seems a good fit.
Oh c'mon. We know he's better than that. His confidence is shot right now and maybe the pressure at United is too much for him. Fresh start would defiantly help him a lot. Also mkhi and Sanchez are at similar ages and the money involved in the transfer would be quite similar.

stygg

Not think it'll happen but Aarons, Romano and Di Marzio are usually very reliable.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Baffled at the negativity in here. Throughout the summer people have been crying hoarse and now when we actually go ahead and bid for him, the reaction is either underwhelming or something like "will be used by agent" etc.

For once let's appreciate the fact that we have our eyes open. The way I see it, only these two things can happen:
  1. He gets lured by the higher wages, better support, better marketing team and the promise of being the top dog and joins us.
  2. He rejects our advances but City have to significantly up their transfer fee as well as their salary offer
Both ways, it is a win for us. So I really don't understand the negativity in here.

For people suggesting that his heart is set on playing for Pep don't know anymore than me. Pep was the only one in for him and hasn't really come out praising Sanchez. On the other hand, he will be an instant top-dog here as he won't have any trouble replacing Mata/Rashford on the wings.
I don't think anyone's being negative - Just accepting it's not realistic. I doubt Pep/City were the only ones in for a player of that quality. More likely clubs interested have been told in no uncertain terms that he's dead set on playing for City. It's been reported for some time which even the sources reporting on our interest acknowledge.

I'm happy to see us going for this level of player. Just not optimistic.

ash_86

It would make a lot of sense on many levels. Mkhi clearly has talent, but just not happening at United. Arsenal would be a fresh start at a decent level and solves a gap for Arsenal at a fair price as we want the deal.

For Sanchez the worry would be it still doesn’t guarantee trophies, but certainly increases the odds.
Exactly.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The details are very precise though. 25 million, more wages, Mkhi offered as well -- do you think Sanchez's agents or Arsenal themselves would leak such false data?

We have made our move. Late as usual, but not without style. 80% chance Sanchez goes to City, but we have tried atleast.
Do you not think they are precise cos Arsenal want the figures out there e.g. they’d take £25m but don’t wanna say directly to keep up the pretence they are playing hardball? It doesn’t harm Alexis in negotiations to brief out that he could get more cash elsewhere. Might get City to up its wage offer.

redom

Some of you guys (none taken) seems to believe we are an ordinary club.
Not at all, we're a very enticing prospect for most players out there but you have to take the circumstances into account, there aren't many ticks in our column ahead of City at this point in the season so it's only natural to think they would be in poll position, especially since they've been after the player for a while, that usually comes into play too (players like to feel wanted).

Dolf

What i get from the article is that Arsenal prefer to sell to us because of Micky but we haven't agreed anything with Sanchez and there were rumours that he had already agreed personal terms with City.
So looks like Sanchez wants City while Arsenal wants us.
Wouldn't take any of this serious if it wasn't for transfergod himself Di Marzio.

poleglass red

I’m still being pretty cautious about this...

But why are people so sure he wants to play for guardiola again? The guy pretty much humiliated him last time.

Yes city are the better team right now but he will face more competition there.

We can offer him more star power, just as good wages and arguably as competitive football wise. Mourinho is the sort of manager he will love also.

I don’t see why we would have made the bid open to the public if we didn’t have positive signs from Sanchez, but is Wenger really gonna sell to Mourinho?

Am I missing something, what did Pep do to humiliate Sanchez. Pep signed him for Barca and as far as I know they got along great, then Pep left for his "sabbatical". I think his desire to work with again is what is driving this, plus he knows he guaranteed at least a PL title this season

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The only way this is happening is if People has decided to stick with Aguero.
Sanchez is off to City imo. His head has been turned by Pep. Can't even seeing what offering him more easily would do.
What I don't get is if we would be naive enough to actually bid.

Camilo

I would assume, because they've been interested for a while and Sanchez was/is obviously keen to sign, that City are the more likely destination. But he's not going to play every game there, and he would here. You never know.

salford_

Sanchez and Guardiola had one season together, the way city fans go on you'd think they're best mates - This notion he only wants man city is utter bollocks too.

The player himself said openly in public he'd rather stay in London given the choice. Man City werent based in London last i checked.

Wenger said City hadnt bid. so the deal can't be 'done' can it you muppets. city fans claim hes lying and the deal is done (yeh because that'd help wenger's cause with the supporters right now wouldnt it)

they read far too much into stories and incidents over on that forum. Christ.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
So we're getting in a pissing contest with City?

He'll run to Pep, don't know why we're wasting our time.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Sky in Italy are saying we're willing to offer Mkhitaryan plus cash for Sanchez. I can't see Arsenal turning that down if it's true. Wenger is apparently a big fan of Mkhi and has tried to bring him to Arsenal in the past. Wenger and Arsenal probably see Mkhi as the best replacement available for Sanchez.

MDFC Manager

Don't care if we sign him or not (likely we won't), but we need to hit 3000 posts here by midnight.

Silas

The only way this is happening is if People has decided to stick with Aguero.
Sanchez is off to City imo. His head has been turned by Pep. Can't even seeing what offering him more easily would do.
What I don't get is if we would be naive enough to actually bid.
It's naive to bid for top players? What harm would it do? The worst case scenario is us driving the price up for City.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's the kind of player who can drive us to big titles, and better than any outfield player we have IMO.

RedStarUnited

The last time we went head to head with a Arsenal super star running out of contract - RVP signed and won us a league.

I dont even care if we dont get him, we will atleast force City to pay more for him.

Jacko21

Because we'd be getting someone who can do well at United, whilst weakening Arsenal and preventing City from strengthening at the same time.
Even so, I reckon them including Mkhi in the deal would be a last resort to secure Sanchez - United don't sell to rivals.

Axkiko

Can Sanchez play on right wing?? I would rather take Pulisic ahead of him.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Teams don't bid these days without an indication that the player will consider joining them. He has probably offered some form of encouragement to invoke a bid.

Kapardin

Do you not think they are precise cos Arsenal want the figures out there e.g. they’d take £25m but don’t wanna say directly to keep up the pretence they are playing hardball? It doesn’t harm Alexis in negotiations to brief out that he could get more cash elsewhere. Might get City to up its wage offer.
Not really. There has never been the precedent of a selling club or the player's agent leaking such details.

To compare, de Bruyne was linked to us when he was on the verge of signing for City. That was a clear agent or Wolfsburg leak to hurry City up as it did not contain specifics of our supposed offer. Here, the details are precise.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Whilst we are talking to Arsenal we should also enquire about taking Ozil off their hands too.

slored1

This could be the turnaround signing of the season! Please, please let it happen...

redspoony

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Sky in Italy are saying we're willing to offer Mkhitaryan plus cash for Sanchez. I can't see Arsenal turning that down if it's true. Wenger is apparently a big fan of Mkhi and has tried to bring him to Arsenal in the past. Wenger and Arsenal probably see Mkhi as the best replacement available for Sanchez.
That may be true but ultimately if Arsenal accept a bid from city I'm sure that's where he will end up.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
not sure about throwing Mkhi into the mix, that means we'll have to pay Arsenal more to take him off our hands too.

Silas

Teams don't bid these days without an indication that the player will consider joining them. He has probably offered some form of encouragement to invoke a bid.
This. You don't often see a bid accepted only for the player to say "Nah". We won't have bid if Sanchez was opposed to coming here.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
This. You don't often see a bid accepted only for the player to say "Nah". We won't have bid if Sanchez was opposed to coming here.
he's probably not opposed to two of the world's richest club's fighting to offer him higher wages, that's for sure.

Mindhunter

I don't think anyone's being negative - Just accepting it's not realistic. I doubt Pep/City were the only ones in for a player of that quality. More likely clubs interested have been told in no uncertain terms that he's dead set on playing for City. It's been reported for some time which even the sources reporting on our interest acknowledge.

I'm happy to see us going for this level of player. Just not optimistic.
Makes sense. The bolded part is just conjecture though. It could very well have been due to the wages in question. I don't see any reason why Sanchez would suddenly have his heart set out to play for City.

Either way, as another poster mentioned before, we wouldn't have bid without any encouragement from Sanchez's agent so there is that. Maybe he wants to be the top player in the club which he wouldn't become in City with so many stars in the team.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not really. There has never been the precedent of a selling club or the player's agent leaking such details.

To compare, de Bruyne was linked to us when he was on the verge of signing for City. That was a clear agent or Wolfsburg leak to hurry City up as it did not contain specifics of our supposed offer. Here, the details are precise.
It seemingly happens in every window. Lucas Moura’s team and PSG look like they are doing it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.