Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Purley King

Think city will duck out of the running now it looks like Jesus will come back earlier than expected.
We are even money with most bookies so wouldn’t be surprised if this is wrapped up pretty quickly.
Only question is whether mhiki goes in the other direction or not.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I wonder if there will be any progress over the weekend. I can easily see us having to wait until this gameweek is over before we get the next piece of information regarding the transfer.

Judas

Open to offers
I still can't believe this might come off, and how, I hate to say it is, sensible it is from City? They don't need him, and it is quite a hefty in the circumstances, but one I'm more than happy for us to pay. Although letting such a good player go to your rivals surely is never the best of moves, is it.

Kapardin

I wonder if there will be any progress over the weekend. I can easily see us having to wait until this gameweek is over before we get the next piece of information regarding the transfer.
Regardless of whether we have offered Mkhi or not, Arsenal have ear-marked a replacement for Sanchez (Malcolm?) and won't sell until they land that replacement. I can see this stretching to the last week of January.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I guess the level of progress will be measured by whether Alexis lines up for Arsenal or dips out with an “injury”.

I think Mourinho might have chosen those words quite deliberately about defending Arsenal’s colours this weekend. To bring attention to Alexis’ absence if he’s rested to protect his transfer.

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
Regardless of whether we have offered Mkhi or not, Arsenal have ear-marked a replacement for Sanchez (Malcolm?) and won't sell until they land that replacement. I can see this stretching to the last week of January.
But if we give them a more experienced Mikhitaryan in a straight swap, then arsenal won't have to bargain with other teams. Economically and practicality, i think Mikhitaryan will be a better fit than Malcom.

Redmurph16

By open I mean they spend large amounts of time with 8-9 outfield players in the opposition half. They can't do that against elite clubs. Or they can, but they'll be hammered.
When they lose the ball high up the pitch they make a cynical foul, no apologies. They'll only get properly found out if refs are prepared to make bookings.

Oscie

The next progression will be that City will leak to gullible Pep sycophants in the press that City decided, probably 'before Christmas' not to pursue Sanchez because of choosing to focus on [ENTER NAME HERE], or being put off by his demands, or his agent, or his fitness levels..or something.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
I have a feeling this is far from over. The next team we we'll find out have been negotiating with him will be chelsea, which will fill the headlines. Followed by PSG.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
City, a club willing to spend £60m on a player in the last year of his contract barely five months ago, are now whinging about the cost involved and so are on the verge of pulling out of the deal. And we're supposed to feel sorry for them, is that it? Balague, Kay et al are a disgrace to their profession.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal Update (Putting this here as a replacement is going to need to be done first to flog Alexis)

Alexis/Walcott Replacement (who knows...)

Arsènic™@MrArsenicTM

An #AFC bid for Malcom is expected soon according to @JBurtTelegraph

Arsènic™@MrArsenicTM

#LRTs: Agents owning the remaining half of Malcom rights were pictured in London last night.

Arsènic™@MrArsenicTM

#LRT: Malcom’s agent posted that pic on his page on Facebook today.

Agent/3rd Party Owners

As an Arsenal fan I hope you get him. City have tried to be bully boys be tapping him up, waiting until deadline day to bid and not letting us get a replacement finalised and then offering only 20m this window because 'he only wants them'. Right let's guess they'd offered him the most money at that stage.

DdeGoat

I just hope this time next week it's done and dusted, one way or another. Can't be bothered with a saga in January.
This is going down to the last day. Arsenal have no reason to sell him before the deadline day. They have 3 league, 1 Carbao & 1 FA cup game before the window closes. Doesn't make sense for them to sell him and strengthen one of their rivals when they can delay it to the very end.

OohAahMartial

Didn't Wenger rule out Malcom?

Think he's trying to get Martial while thinking hard about taking Mhki. Mhki's willingness to go to Arsenal might be the thing that swings this. Guessing his other main option is Mahrez. Until they get a replacement nothing happens.

But crucially, if Sanchez has already agreed terms with us as reported then all this talk about him only wanting City is nonsense. He's open to either of us. And its Arsenal who will choose to accept the highest bid which is ours. We're favourites in January but if Arsenal can't agree terms on a replacement then it goes to Summer and City get him on a free.

Judas

Open to offers
This is going down to the last day. Arsenal have no reason to sell him before the deadline day. They have 3 league, 1 Carbao & 1 FA cup game before the window closes. Doesn't make sense for them to sell him and strengthen one of their rivals when they can delay it to the very end.
When he's playing as half arsed as he is (which is pathetic btw) they're probably not too fussed to keep him if he's doing more harm than good, I bet he hardly plays this month.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Arsenal might want to get it all wrapped up relatively soon though so as to kill off all the speculation. They're going to finish nowhere near City this season and as it stands their chances of catching us are very slim as well. If they're willing to sell at all, they'll probably be willing to sell before the window's over.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I guess the level of progress will be measured by whether Alexis lines up for Arsenal or dips out with an “injury”.

I think Mourinho might have chosen those words quite deliberately about defending Arsenal’s colours this weekend. To bring attention to Alexis’ absence if he’s rested to protect his transfer.
Yeah that’s a very good point. If he doesn’t play then it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s done and dusted, but it would obviously be a very good sign.

DdeGoat

When he's playing as half arsed as he is (which is pathetic btw) they're probably not too fussed to keep him if he's doing more harm than good, I bet he hardly plays this month.
Still, sending him now strengthens us now, a competitor with Arsenal for a top 4 spot. They surely will hang on to him as long as they can. The transfer fee isn't going to change much. I can't see this happening before Jan 28th at the latest.

DdeGoat

Arsenal might want to get it all wrapped up relatively soon though so as to kill off all the speculation. They're going to finish nowhere near City this season and as it stands their chances of catching us are very slim as well. If they're willing to sell at all, they'll probably be willing to sell before the window's over.
Oh yeah, might be different if it's City. I was talking about if they were selling him to us.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I don’t believe this. We’re clearly interested, and Mourinhos comments are a definite proof of that. Why wouldn’t we have made a bid by now? The only reason I can think of is that we’re discussing the price with Arsenal and we’ll fork out an official bit once the fee has been agreed upon in discussions.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Is Mkhitaryan willing to go to Arsenal though? Wouldn’t it be a step down from both United and Dortmund? Are they willing to pay his wages? I doubt that we’ll see him go the other way if the transfer takes place.

beedoubleyou

I don’t believe this. We’re clearly interested, and Mourinhos comments are a definite proof of that. Why wouldn’t we have made a bid by now? The only reason I can think of is that we’re discussing the price with Arsenal and we’ll fork out an official bit once the fee has been agreed upon in discussions.
Yeah I don't think the bidding process is as like Football Manager as he implies.

BigdaftGorby

In my opinion this is all being held up Arsenal who NEED a replacement, they are resigned to losing Sanchez. United will not have made any offer to Arsenal until they give there go ahead to Sanchez agent after signing a replacement. It’s all about Arsenal right now. Sanchez and his agent have already made there decision. Pep or Money.

fergosaurus

Is Mkhitaryan willing to go to Arsenal though? Wouldn’t it be a step down from both United and Dortmund? Are they willing to pay his wages? I doubt that we’ll see him go the other way if the transfer takes place.
The way he's played this season he can't be too picky about where he goes.

red thru&thru

Clearly trying to string this out as long as possible now. These guys would make tons of money, through click baiting yesterday and today will be a slow day...until an actual ITK comes out with a story. So until then, how can they try and rehash the story of Sanchez to United?!

reddaz71

Would love any of any of these as a front 4 Sanchez,Griezmann,Dybala,Ozil,Martial,Lukaku.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
I still can't believe this might come off, and how, I hate to say it is, sensible it is from City? They don't need him, and it is quite a hefty in the circumstances, but one I'm more than happy for us to pay. Although letting such a good player go to your rivals surely is never the best of moves, is it.
Yeah they really don't need him at all. They would surely need to sell one of their attackers, which would be stupid because they're all playing so well.

Kapardin

But if we give them a more experienced Mikhitaryan in a straight swap, then arsenal won't have to bargain with other teams. Economically and practicality, i think Mikhitaryan will be a better fit than Malcom.
Actually, I am skeptical of swaps happening in a straightforward manner. For one thing, Mkhi's wages could be a sticking point. Also, as someone else said, Wenger could be angling for Martial, whom we are obviously not going to sell or loan.

My guess is, Arsenal have been backed into a corner and are just posturing until they sign a replacement. Our bid has seen off City and now they have a player they would rather get rid of as he clearly is causing some troubles in the dressing room harmony. Also, with rumors of Ozil willing to extend, Arsenal probably feel losing Sanchez is no big deal.

They will try to drag it out to make sure we play as many games as possible without Sanchez (as they are our "rivals" afterall!), so I think it will be in the last week of the window when they actually sell him to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.