Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Sanchez wants to leave Arsenal for trophies and he has better chance with City then United. Possible quadruple as early as May.

Many of you are going to be left disappointed in day or two. There's absolutely no reason for him to chose us over City.
Abba- "money money money". We lost so many good players because we didn't want to pay ransom. Now it is time that we do. I am too old to believe in players loyalty, love for club etc...
Not saying that alexis doesn't want titles but he has lots of trophies in his career so maybe he just wants more money.
And it is not like city is years ahead us in quality.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I am not even sure if the players from south america or others (other than UK) care much about non european trophies like PL or FA or leage cup. Yes, agree its a factor but wouldn't be a deciding factor.

They only care about Champions league and City is not going to win it this year. Its 100% guaranteed that we will equally strenthen in the summer and God knows what happens next year.

If the player wants to play for Pep, its a different story altogether but trophies is probably not going to be a deciding factor.

Karlkim SK

I am proud of Gary Neville's tweets. This is how the former players should do!

Anyway, we need Sanchez more than City, so we are willing to bid more. With or without Sanchez, City probably win PL anyway. If Sanchez decides to go to the City, at least our bid will make them pay more. Win-Win

RedStarUnited

Arsenal fans actually think they can request for Martial as part of this transfer.

Quote from ArsenalMania

we should ask for 20-25M plus Martial yes it gonna be difficult for Martial is very talented put his playtime with Manutd will be limited because of Alexis.
I dont think he was joking either...

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I am not even sure if the players from south america or others (other than UK) care much about non european trophies like PL or FA or leage cup. Yes, agree its a factor but wouldn't be a deciding factor.

They only care about Champions league and City is not going to win it this year. Its 100% guaranteed that we will equally strenthen in the summer and God knows what happens next year.

If the player wants to play for Pep, its a different story altogether but trophies is probably not going to be a deciding factor.
I wouldn't be so sure.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Bookies favorites to land him. Odds have plummeted today.

Not getting excited yet but it's looking more and more like a classic Mourinho hijack.

crossy1686

career ending
Not surprised Balague is going with the "will he choose money and the evil United, or will he go with his heart and Saint Pep" angle.
It's all about the clicks.
Get the impression this is how United are viewed in Spain generally. Think Marca once said that James would end up at a club in England who had 'deep pockets and fresh from failure', which was a dig at us over Pogba.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bookies favorites to land him. Odds have plummeted today.

Not getting excited yet but it's looking more and more like a classic Mourinho hijack.
He loves it doesn't he

Willian from Spurs
Lukaku from Chelsea
Sanchez ?

He got Ozil to Madrid out of nowhere as well (when we were actually being linked with him the heaviest)

Minimalist

Not convinced he’ll join United for money.

He’ll join United if he’s convinced to and because City don’t make the effort.

yamo123x

This city walk away story suggests they already conceded to us. Although most likely BS

It has to be on but expect Jose to say nothing in his press conference.

However I still think he is going to city.

LoCalXT

I have a feeling we will get him.
At 29 he is looking at possibly his final big paycheck. City don't want to pay that much because they don't really need him considering the options they have. We have the money and position of need. I can even see Unitedgoing as far as 35-40m because we have nothing to lose in this scenario.
If he wanted to win trophies he would have forced a move when Bayern came knocking in the summer. Sanchez wants to get PAID , and I don't blame him one bit !

Hawks2008

I don't want to get my hopes up over this but- Ah feck it, we could be witnessing a live G A Z U M P
Also, what the feck did we ever do to Ballague to earn such venom? Did Woodward assassinate his mum?

Bobski

Mixed feelings about this one. Wouldn't touch him at full price, too old, too many concerns over his temperament, always thought he was a very selfish player who played for himself.

Undeniably an extremely talented player though, plays best off the left hand side cutting in, not going to sort out the rw but would probably give us more consistent productivity than either of Martial and Rashford at this stage from that spot. Not cup-tied for the CL either.

Slightly concerned that with his workload over the years and the wear and tear that he might be due to fall off a cliff as he hits 30, Van Persie style.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We know that city won't concede over money.

This has all the signs of what Madrid did with Pogba " oh we won't pay over the odds, if he wants to play for us he will choose us not the money offer"

Then suddenly they drop out as it turns out they've lost. Seriously Sanchez has no more reason to choose Pep over Jose. If anything he's worked for him before, probably thinks he's a knob.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
City bid £60m and was ready to pay agent fee just a few months ago. Now, they're not willing to pay £35m and the agent fee, not minding if he ends up here, of all places.

The whole package still has to be lower than what they would initially pay in the summer. Doesn't add up imo.

Dr. J

why are they being such tight arses
It honestly makes no sense to even buy him. City is flying right now, and adding Sanchez to the mix potentially stunts the growth of Sane/Sterling/Jesus and basically puts a bullet into the head of Bernardo.

Canagel

City are trying to make excuses if Sanchez doesn't join them. Money isn't the issue here. If Sanchez joins United it's because we proposed a better project and convinced him to join.

Dr. J

For £25M in today's market, United should be all over this.

With the only condition being that the fruity dog banner stays in London.

charlie9882

This city walk away story suggests they already conceded to us. Although most likely BS

It has to be on but expect Jose to say nothing in his press conference.

However I still think he is going to city.
It's a definite club briefing, so not BS. City are not saying they aren't interest - they still want to sign him, just not willing to pay anymore than £20m.

It's very much that they are hedging their bets on Alexis wanting to join City and forcing Arsenal/his agents hand by leaking this info.

City don't get him and it's not the end of the world given Jesus is back in two weeks.

Kapardin

why are they being such tight arses
Makes sense. When you come down to it, do they really need another attacker? They could easily get a younger replacement for Aguero in the summer and they don't have to outpay us for a 29 year old winding down his contract.

Forget the fact that they could afford it, but maybe they don't want to always be seen as a bottomless pit of money, especially in scenarios like these which are not "must-dos" for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.