Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Has it ever been confirmed that Sanchez loves Saint Pep?
It seems to be based on nothing but assumptions to create a narrative.
No, how would everybody seriously know this? Unless Sanchez/his agent has directly talked to city and said oh I would love to play for you then fine, but that still doesn't mean he wouldn't love to work for Jose either. Gascoigne promised Fergie he would sign for United to his face before a holiday, then suddenly signed for Spurs. Things aren't so black and white.

Jose has probably got into contact and said he wants to make him a main face of our team, not just a bit part player like at City.

We've chased him before so he knows we like him, I think we've got a great shout.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Did we pay Riola 20m? I thought it was from the transfer fee we paid Juve.
Yep. It's what held the transfer up so long, as Juve wanted us to pay the agent fee (which they'd agreed to in the contract to sign him from us in the first place) on top of also paying them the full 89m. They had no leg to stand on and eventually had to cave and pay it themselves. But the media regularly likes to make out that we paid it, just because it makes a bigger story.

NinjaFletch

Yep. Said United dont mind paying agents big money and that we paid Riola 20m for the Pogba transfer.

Not the most credible guy. And I have no idea who Sam Lee is anyway,
City fans wank him off; he's supposedly incredibly good for them and he recently put out a story on us wanting Malcolm I think, but it doesn't exactly bode well for journalists when they get basic facts wrong.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Yep. Said United dont mind paying agents big money and that we paid Riola 20m for the Pogba transfer.

I read a few of his tweets and they're quite biased to City. I think he's full of shit

Thunderhead

Supports
City

Sam Lee works for some news outlets like goal I think, he's generally not far off the mark on twitter and I think most the stuff he said there sounds reasonable enough

prateik

Why do people care so much about Balague? Those people rely on clicks from being controversial. Most of the interaction in those posts will be from United fans.

I find it funny.. But I'm not clicking on any of that shit.
Just ignore it.

BarstoolProphet

Sam Lee works for some news outlets like goal I think, he's generally not far off the mark on twitter and I think most the stuff he said there sounds reasonable enough
He's not bad but clearly hasnt done his research on this when even Juve officially confirmed that they were to pay Raiola's bonus.

RedCurry

If I were Neville, "Well if Sir Alex asked me to join Man City, I would instead choose the club with biggest trophy cabinet and biggest stadium in England. In short I would join the biggest club in England regardless of who offered me the most money."

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Why do people care so much about Balague? Those people rely on clicks from being controversial. Most of the interaction in those posts will be from United fans.

I find it funny.. But I'm not clicking on any of that shit.
Just ignore it.
He is the Duncan castles of pep. Although he is worse as Duncan credits city and guardiola from time to time, but this guy....

MourinhON

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Mourinho on Alexis Sanchez
“I don’t know if ethical or correct,” Mourinho began. “The word we can find to be speaking about players of other clubs. If somebody speaks of one of my players to tell we are interested or we are not interested, I wouldn’t be very, very happy.

“Sanchez is an Arsenal player, I don’t know but probably this weekend he is going to defend Arsenal colours so I don’t think it’s correct to say things about Alexis Sanchez.

“At the general level what I can say is myself and the Manchester United board, the owners, we don’t believe a lot in the January market, we don’t believe in signing a player just to sign a player, just to do something, we don’t believe in that.

“What we believe really is there are some players in football world if you have the chance to sign them in January, in March or in July, you have to try and that’s it.

“But in relation to Alexis Sanchez I don’t say a word, the only word I can say is he is a phenomenal player, apart from that an Arsenal player and I feel I shouldn’t say much more than this.”

redom

Wouldn't surprise me after this apparent hardline stance by City if they went ahead and matched our offer if/when it's accepted, at the moment they can play for time, they obviously feel confident that Sanchez prefers them and if they can get their man and be seen to have paid less than United were prepared to then it's a double win for them but that will depend on Sanchez really digging his heals in and flat out refusing to join us. However I can't imagine they will be willing to miss out on the man they've pursued for the sake of money, which we know is hardly an issue for them, so if it comes down to it they can soften their stance at the last minute and probably think they'll still get him, whether that's over confidence or not? who knows.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Didn't he say the same sorts of things after we'd signed Pogba? After claiming he only wanted to go to Real Madrid all summer :lol:
Di Marzio linked us to Pogba early on, before you in fact. Said we'd made an offer that was lower than his demand. Nothing about whether he accepted or not. That was the only time he linked pogba to madrid. Then about a week later he says he's agreed terms with United. Following that, every spanish media close to Florentino claims Flo believes Pogba is too expensive and Madrid have dropped their interest. Pogba was never linked to madrid again, except by As, who are Florentino's enemies

Wonder who are Balague's sources :lol:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Why are city being painted as the romantic underdog club who are battling the financial machine of United :lol:

MDFC Manager

I'm pretty sure that the personal terms offered by United and City wouldn't be too different. So ballbag is talking crap again

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There we go then lads. No denial like all the others were expecting.

We're 100% in on this, Jose wants him. Buckle in boys.

#6pogba

Jose could easily have said there is nothing to the rumours but he didn' so it's on big time

United Pro

Ok so Mourinho has effectively confirmed we're in for Sanchez. Still not immersing myself into this until I see him in a United shirt on our website.

Bratt

Mourinho on Alexis Sanchez
“I don’t know if ethical or correct,” Mourinho began. “The word we can find to be speaking about players of other clubs. If somebody speaks of one of my players to tell we are interested or we are not interested, I wouldn’t be very, very happy.

“Sanchez is an Arsenal player, I don’t know but probably this weekend he is going to defend Arsenal colours so I don’t think it’s correct to say things about Alexis Sanchez.

“At the general level what I can say is myself and the Manchester United board, the owners, we don’t believe a lot in the January market, we don’t believe in signing a player just to sign a player, just to do something, we don’t believe in that.

“What we believe really is there are some players in football world if you have the chance to sign them in January, in March or in July, you have to try and that’s it.

“But in relation to Alexis Sanchez I don’t say a word, the only word I can say is he is a phenomenal player, apart from that an Arsenal player and I feel I shouldn’t say much more than this.”
Wow, that’s like saying, we’re really trying to sign him!

Status
Not open for further replies.