g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karlkim SK

Has Sanchez said that he preferred to play for Pep rather than Mou? Or Balague just pulled this out of his ass like usual crap journalists + haters?

Danillaco

Mourinho on Alexis Sanchez
“I don’t know if ethical or correct,” Mourinho began. “The word we can find to be speaking about players of other clubs. If somebody speaks of one of my players to tell we are interested or we are not interested, I wouldn’t be very, very happy.

“Sanchez is an Arsenal player, I don’t know but probably this weekend he is going to defend Arsenal colours so I don’t think it’s correct to say things about Alexis Sanchez.

“At the general level what I can say is myself and the Manchester United board, the owners, we don’t believe a lot in the January market, we don’t believe in signing a player just to sign a player, just to do something, we don’t believe in that.

“What we believe really is there are some players in football world if you have the chance to sign them in January, in March or in July, you have to try and that’s it.

“But in relation to Alexis Sanchez I don’t say a word, the only word I can say is he is a phenomenal player, apart from that an Arsenal player and I feel I shouldn’t say much more than this.”
It's very on.

He was even respectful to Wenger, that has to mean a lot.

Alexis is a red.

RedCurry

Jose playing the respect-to-the-selling club angle here to make the negotiations easier. It's on boys and girls.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's not bad but clearly hasnt done his research on this when even Juve officially confirmed that they were to pay Raiola's bonus.
No, Raiola owned a % of the transfer fee, which he got from juve. The agent fee was different, not sure who paid it, but it was ON TOP of the % transfer fee

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Why are city being painted as the romantic underdog club who are battling the financial machine of United :lol:
Because City give gifts to journalists each Christmas. No joke.

MDFC Manager

That's it, we're well in for him, Mourinho is pretty much confirmed that. Whether we sign him or not remains to be seen.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Balague's autocorrect is switching "Mourinho" to "Money", quite obviously. Because why else would he compare a manager to a salary? It makes no sense, ballbag. No. Sense.

He's kicking up a stink as if it's David Moyes' West Ham offering up a decent sum, and not - you know - Mourinho's Man United.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
He's great, for sure, but can he play on the right?

Kapardin

Gary is redeeming himself for that Martial/Rashford remark today in my eyes. You can see he is as excited and fired up as we are.

So when Jose said, "if there is someone we can get now, in January, we will" a few weeks ago, he was talking about Sanchez. And everyone thought it was Ozil. Feck me.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mourinho chose the perfect words there, he really is good at little statements like this.

No doubt Sanchez knows how much Jose wants him, and what Jose wants he usually gets.

Let's see how much baldy really wants him, will they step up the offer?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He'd better be good, after all this valiant muppetry.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Ok now I'm actually believing there might be something in this. Let's bank on City totally collapsing and bringing Sanchez in to help fire us to the title for a RvP part deux type story. Only thing of course is that Sanchez would come in mid season but that could make it even more legendary.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Ok now i believe that we are really trying to sign him.
So only thing left to steal him from city. Piece of cake

Canagel

This is definitely on. If we weren't interested he would've ruled it out and said something like ' I don't think so'.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Mourinho on Alexis Sanchez
“I don’t know if ethical or correct,” Mourinho began. “The word we can find to be speaking about players of other clubs. If somebody speaks of one of my players to tell we are interested or we are not interested, I wouldn’t be very, very happy.

“Sanchez is an Arsenal player, I don’t know but probably this weekend he is going to defend Arsenal colours so I don’t think it’s correct to say things about Alexis Sanchez.

“At the general level what I can say is myself and the Manchester United board, the owners, we don’t believe a lot in the January market, we don’t believe in signing a player just to sign a player, just to do something, we don’t believe in that.

“What we believe really is there are some players in football world if you have the chance to sign them in January, in March or in July, you have to try and that’s it.

“But in relation to Alexis Sanchez I don’t say a word, the only word I can say is he is a phenomenal player, apart from that an Arsenal player and I feel I shouldn’t say much more than this.”
I love how somehow Antonio Conte will take great offence to this.

Norris

I'm full in muppet mode now. :drool:

Also, good on you Gary. That's how he you handle idiots like Ballbag.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Press conference shows we are interested and it's not just agents using our name to up the terms.

I think he'll sign for us based on the recent press briefing from City and that Arsenal won't budge either.

United Pro

Something that should be noted is that the likelihood is if City step and pay what is required, Sanchez will probably join City. So don't get too invested in this yet imo.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
:lol: Someone you love? Why's he making this so sentimental? Plus, does Pep really love Sanchez if he's willing to pay him less than others would? Or more importantly, others in that City team? The situation isn't as black and white as Balague is making this out to be.
That's what is making me think there might be more in this than I originally thought. Sanchez must be getting the feeling that City don't actually want him that much. Despite having more money than any other club in the world (along with PSG anyway) and spending an absolute shit-ton over the last couple of seasons, they refused to put a significant amount of that money towards him at the end of last season. And it seems the same is happening now. He obviously doesn't want to stay with Arsenal so if his only option were to stick around for 6 months and join City in a free he'd still take that option, but if another top club comes in and shows that they want him a lot more then it's something that he'd have to think about.

It's similar to what happened with De Gea. Real Madrid made it very obvious and public that they were after him and that they WOULD get the deal done...and then when it came down to it Madrid simply fecked around and tried to penny pinch to a stupid extent and the deal fell apart. It seemed to piss off De Gea as he straight away signed another contract with us and hasn't shown any interest in encouraging their attention again.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I got a feeling I haven't had for a while after reading that. Feck off fake account. :lol:

Macern

Pee pee pants
There we go. Mourinho basically confirming that we're in for Sanchez. To me that's as close you can get to confirming it without actually saying it. This is so fecking on. Unbelievable transfer if it does go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.