Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He's said it again:

So by him, alexis will play for free for city? Because it is the greatest honour in football to play for city? What is up with this guy? This is ridiculous stuff. Especially from someone who is football journalist.

Jamie Shawcross

This would be a major gazump if we actually pull this off for many reasons. 1) There isn't really a team on the planet that wouldn't be improved by Sanchez at his peak. 2) City players/fans/the club in general have been really confident and borderline smug about the inevitability of him signing for them in Jan or the summer 3) Its an absolute bargain 4) He's not cup tied in the CL 5) His arrival, if it happens will only encourage the likes of Martial and Rashford to be at the top of their game. It has been a bit doom and gloom about us recently, thanks to city's ridiculous form, but if we do this just look at our transfer dealings since Mourinho came....Pogba, Lukaku, Matic, Sanchez.......

I for one am not having this pep v money nonsense. We would do well to remember how massive a club we are...lets say Sanchez has been offered a starring role and the famous no 7, its not like he's taking a step down. He either becomes a squad player over at the council house with fairweather fans, or the potential to don the number 7 at old trafford and become a legend, even if we do only get a few years out of him.

Reactions: Penna

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Think i have to call in sick for work tonight, i need some "me time".
This is definitely happening, lads!

Giggs86

Can someone please tell Balague that Sanchez has already played for Pep, and that Pep has sold him? As in got rid of him because he didn't want him in his team?

Macern

Pee pee pants
No, just locked it to clean up the posts as about 10 different people had quoted the tweet with a few thinking it was genuine.
Yeah cheers for that. People need to get a little better at checking the credibility of what they're posting. And not wum, my heard can't handle any more fake breaking news right now :p

Canagel

Di Marzio is the transfer god. He was the first one to claim this and no-one could believe it at first but time and time again he has proved himself 1 step ahead of every journalist out there.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's what is making me think there might be more in this than I originally thought. Sanchez must be getting the feeling that City don't actually want him that much. Despite having more money than any other club in the world (along with PSG anyway) and spending an absolute shit-ton over the last couple of seasons, they refused to put a significant amount of that money towards him at the end of last season. And it seems the same is happening now. He obviously doesn't want to stay with Arsenal so if his only option were to stick around for 6 months and join City in a free he'd still take that option, but if another top club comes in and shows that they want him a lot more then it's something that he'd have to think about.

It's similar to what happened with De Gea. Real Madrid made it very obvious and public that they were after him and that they WOULD get the deal done...and then when it came down to it Madrid simply fecked around and tried to penny pinch to a stupid extent and the deal fell apart. It seemed to piss off De Gea as he straight away signed another contract with us and hasn't shown any interest in encouraging their attention again.
Exactly. If pep loves him so much why lowball him on money? Give him what he wants and he will be yours.

Instead they're hoping his "love" for pep will mean he accepts a lower offer. Surely Sanchez right now is thinking, hold on. A club with a manager that I don't know is offering me more money and a bigger squad position, yes they won't win the title this year but they've got a great history of winning and are 1 of the top 3 clubs in the world. You know what maybe Pep isn't that important to me.

el3mel

Can someone please tell Balague that Sanchez has already played for Pep, and that Pep has sold him? As in got rid of him because he didn't want him in his team?
This point is always got missed but their relationship in Barca days weren't that great and Pep failed to get his maximal potential at this time, yet he's supposed to be his lover, Ok.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We're balls deep into this one. I think this could happen.

Alexis Sanchez. Bloody hell!!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
It's very on.

He was even respectful to Wenger, that has to mean a lot.

Alexis is a red.
In SAFs final years he was just as respectful to Wenger. It comes when you realise your biggest rival has been vanquished

sully1

it was during that year pep took out when Sanchez was sold.

though Pep repeatedly played Sanchez on the right wing and choose Pedro for the left during his 1 season they both worked together. Sanchez never really got a chance at Barca and was always used as sub or on the right wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.