All Ronaldo fanboys

Sir Giggsy

Team Player
And here's where your argument falls down

Brwned has it spot on...there are numerous instances of Ronaldo doing fantastically charitable, honourable and decent things that are either never reported by the papers, or tucked away because they don't make good sound bites...

He paid for the medical bills and retirement plan of a crocked portugeese player he grew up with

He sent money, aid and visted a lad in east timor who's life had been ruined by a recent atrocity (forget whether it was an earthquake or a flood or something like that) even flying him over to OT frequently to see matches...all on the back of seeing a story about him

He paid off debts and for the rehabilitation of his drug addicted brother in law

he gave a ride home to a lad who had come o carrington to watch the team train after he spotted him on the road in the rain...

All of these things happened?..Have you read about them? He also had to deal with being falsely arrested for Rape, the ridiculous scapegoating hatred of allmost the entire country and the death of his father...all before he was 22..

People who think he's a cnut because he postures on the pitch or 'didn't respect his football club to a satisfactory level (despite never handing in a transfer request or striking or any of the other things he could have done) are narrow minded neanderthal idiots in my opinion...and probably cnuts
He helps his old friend he grew up with and helped his addicted brother in law. No big deal helping family and friend. I have given lifts to 100's of strangers since I've started driving. What's the big deal?

The only decent charitable deed in your list was helping the kid from Timor.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He helps his old friend he grew up with and helped his addicted brother in law. No big deal helping family and friend. I have given lifts to 100's of strangers since I've started driving. What's the big deal?

Are you a cabby though?

Bearded but no genius

But I don't think Ronaldo was whiter then white. Like Michael Schumacher, they had flaws 'serious ones at that' but it gives them character. I still like Ronaldo, but I will never support him while he wears a Madrid shirt. The club stands for everything I hate and more. Selfless low life fecking scum whom lack the balls to make their own talent, and instead, build this "empire" that removes the greatest footballers in the world from their homes, and turns them in to shit, only used to sell fecking shirts ffs.
I forgot. You're the one who compared losing the CL Final to being the worst day since Shumacher retired.

:houllier:

You still like Ronaldo, but now he is being exploited by the Evil Empire. Removed from his home and turned to shit.

You couldn't make it up.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
You still like Ronaldo, but now he is being exploited by the Evil Empire. Removed from his home and turned to shit.
Hey, that's exactly how I feel. It's a real (sorry about that) waste of a great player.

Anyway he wants to come back here once he's picked some other trophies. Aw, bless.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rn-to-Manchester-United-from-Real-Madrid.html

When Cristiano Ronaldo was a young boy his father, the kitman for his amateur team on the Portuguese island of Madeira, told his son that in the future he would play for Real Madrid.

It is a prophecy that has stuck with Ronaldo, obsessed him and, later this week, it will come to fruition when he signs a contract that The Sunday Telegraph understands will be worth €13million (£11 million) a season, adding up to €78million (£66 million) over six years.

That contract will be historic in itself, the most lucrative in football. However, that is secondary to Ronaldo's real ambition: not only to fulfil his father's dream of pulling on Real's famous white shirt but to prove himself capable of conquering Spanish football as he did the English game.

"There is a big difference between Cristiano and some other players," explained a source close to him. "With some players they change their mind every year. Now I want Barcelona, now I want Inter and so on. But with Cristiano it was always Real Madrid. Their difficulties in recent times on the pitch did not matter and he remained true to what he had always wanted. He has always wanted to play at Real Madrid. He never spoke about another club.

"There have only ever been two clubs for Cristiano: Manchester United and Real Madrid. Manchester United is a club that will always be in Cristiano's heart. He has had six good years there and now feels ready for a new challenge. But he is still only 24 and has a long future in football and would like to come back to Manchester later in his career. If he leaves Real Madrid, he can only imagine doing so to return to Manchester United."

Oddly enough I can believe all that, but only after he's won a Serie A with Milan.

VP

The only genuine Ronaldo fanboy on the caf is Marchi-91.

Acquire Me

This thread has for sure made Sultans point cleare :) That said, Ronaldo was always going to leave, we all knew that and we got so damn much money out of him. So we got to thank him(Real) for that. He was also a good player for us. Now this money can help us rebuild our team and Ferguson is the right man to do it.

Spoony

The People's President
Hey, that's exactly how I feel. It's a real (sorry about that) waste of a great player.

Anyway he wants to come back here once he's picked some other trophies. Aw, bless.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rn-to-Manchester-United-from-Real-Madrid.html

When Cristiano Ronaldo was a young boy his father, the kitman for his amateur team on the Portuguese island of Madeira, told his son that in the future he would play for Real Madrid.

It is a prophecy that has stuck with Ronaldo, obsessed him and, later this week, it will come to fruition when he signs a contract that The Sunday Telegraph understands will be worth €13million (£11 million) a season, adding up to €78million (£66 million) over six years.

That contract will be historic in itself, the most lucrative in football. However, that is secondary to Ronaldo's real ambition: not only to fulfil his father's dream of pulling on Real's famous white shirt but to prove himself capable of conquering Spanish football as he did the English game.

"There is a big difference between Cristiano and some other players," explained a source close to him. "With some players they change their mind every year. Now I want Barcelona, now I want Inter and so on. But with Cristiano it was always Real Madrid. Their difficulties in recent times on the pitch did not matter and he remained true to what he had always wanted. He has always wanted to play at Real Madrid. He never spoke about another club.

"There have only ever been two clubs for Cristiano: Manchester United and Real Madrid. Manchester United is a club that will always be in Cristiano's heart. He has had six good years there and now feels ready for a new challenge. But he is still only 24 and has a long future in football and would like to come back to Manchester later in his career. If he leaves Real Madrid, he can only imagine doing so to return to Manchester United."

Oddly enough I can believe all that, but only after he's won a Serie A with Milan.
Basically, Madrid fans should be aware his dream is to play for United?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

:lol: Some people just refuse to accept anything really dont they...your right, I give up, he's clearly a despicable cnut ...I'm glad your a decent enough person to make a judgement on the matter

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
great thread.

People forget he won stuff with us,
not for us.

Great memories, great player. Legend? oh do feck off.

Viva Ronaldo? oh do feck off.

He wanted out last season and glad he's gone this. Maybe we can get back to talking about football.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I don't like his holier than thou attitude, his comments just before the CL final about them playing football "the right way", about them being the "neutral's choice", etc...
yes, you hate messi since last may :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

you are a ronaldo fanboy, that's an undeniable fact

here cal?: realmadridforum.com

have fun

Feedingseagulls

Did he tell you we contributed to his leaving by not supposedly being good enough supporters of him?

Thought not. You made that bullshit up all by yourself
It's simply that a bunch of arseholes behaving like arseholes whilst often claiming this is what all real supporters should do clearly makes us less attractive than if the fans were more reasonable.

That you (and others) wish to deny this is probably simply denial tbh - perhaps you know your behaviour was irrational, stupid and groundlessly vindictive but you did it anyway - each in their own various ways.

B Cantona

Desperate
It's simply that a bunch of arseholes behaving like arseholes whilst often claiming this is what all real supporters should do clearly makes us less attractive than if the fans were more reasonable.

That you (and others) wish to deny this is probably simply denial tbh - perhaps you know your behaviour was irrational, stupid and groundlessly vindictive but you did it anyway - each in their own various ways.
:lol:

We're just supporters who love our club and don't like seeing players take the piss. Even less, our own!!!

The whole stadium didn't sing Viva Ronaldo at the beginning of the season. Nothing to do with being 'real supporters'. Everyone was annoyed at him, and what better way to show it? Don't boo the lad, don't shout shite at him, just refrain from the praise

You'd think we'd gone round to his house and kicked his head in for it the way you talk about it :rolleyes:

Feedingseagulls

Berbatov never spoke to City.

Yes. Ronaldo is a football ho.
Yet he was aware of their offer - more money - and he wasn't interested.

Money doesn't have to be the 'be all & end all' of a footballer's decision.

To claim that, despite all the other publicised factors likely to affect the decision, money was the only one considered, is simply mind-numbingly stupid.

Feedingseagulls

It is boring, with the other half spouting gems along the lines of "fans pushed him out" and "there's still an outside chance he won't sign the Madrid contract". Let's lock this thread then and start one last huge "Viva Ronaldo" thread instead in a last gasp attempt to keep the wonderboy at OT.
That's a coinage only produced by those who wish to deny anything possible negative effect of some negative behaviour - like yourself it appears.

So many straw men have appeared in the last few days that the Cafe needs to get its fire insurance reviewed.

Feedingseagulls

:lol:

We're just supporters who love our club and don't like seeing players take the piss. Even less, our own!!!

The whole stadium didn't sing Viva Ronaldo at the beginning of the season. Nothing to do with being 'real supporters'. Everyone was annoyed at him, and what better way to show it? Don't boo the lad, don't shout shite at him, just refrain from the praise

You'd think we'd gone round to his house and kicked his head in for it the way you talk about it :rolleyes:
Yeah - rants in the media, on the web, etc. - proving they're Uber-reds by either not singing or trying to drown out pro-Ronaldo voices, etc. - when all the time they were just acting like over-emotional jilted lovers.

You can love your club without going all ape when your mistress fails to tell you how great you were in bed 24/7.

The vast majority of the perceived slights were either an inability to examine what was said, or the demand that footballers behave like a lifelong Utd fan rather than what they are: professional footballers. So the reaction was OTT and based on the idea that being OTT, stupid, and irrational is somehow de rigeur for all football fans. Luckily the reactions were not that extreme - they were still a load of crap though.

B Cantona

Desperate
Yeah - rants in the media, on the web - proving they're Uber-reds by either not singing or trying to drown out pro-Ronaldo voices - when all the time they were just acting like over-emotional jilted lovers.

You can love your club without going all ape when your mistress fails to tell you how great you were in bed 24/7.

The vast majority of the perceived slights were either an inability to examine what was said, or the demand that footballers behave like a lifelong Utd fan rather than what they are: professional footballers. So the reaction was OTT and based on the idea that being OTT, stupid, and irrational is somehow de rigeur for all football fans. Luckily the reactions were not that extreme - they were still a load of crap though.
Just didn't like a player who we treated magnificently and idolised the season before take the piss out of us FS. Simple as that

Why do you assume it's an obligation for supporters to belt out a players name? We just stopped doing it. Everyone. The entire stadium. We didn't boo him like small time Newcastle supporters might, or shout obscenities

For someone talking about 'real supporters' bullshit, you spend an awful lot of time telling other football supporters how they should and shouldn't behave FS

HsJ

Just didn't like a player who we treated magnificently and idolised the season before take the piss out of us FS. Simple as that

Why do you assume it's an obligation for supporters to belt out a players name? We just stopped doing it. Everyone. The entire stadium. We didn't boo him like small time Newcastle supporters might, or shout obscenities

For someone talking about 'real supporters' bullshit, you spend an awful lot of time telling other football supporters how they should and shouldn't behave FS
To be honest though Brad, some fans did drown out the Ronaldo song with the JT song. Tis a facht.

But yeah, he deserved his song to not be sang, but he didn't deserve his song to be drowned out by other fans. There is a difference.

Sir Giggsy

Team Player
Yeah - rants in the media, on the web, etc. - proving they're Uber-reds by either not singing or trying to drown out pro-Ronaldo voices, etc. - when all the time they were just acting like over-emotional jilted lovers.

So professional footballers can act like cnuts, but not the fans for fear of losing their star player?

He can go to ****

HsJ

All this 'real supporter' stuff is shite.

Give it a rest, really, its annoying.

And thats coming from a match going fan.

Sir Giggsy

Team Player
To be honest though Brad, some fans did drown out the Ronaldo song with the JT song. Tis a facht.

But yeah, he deserved his song to not be sang, but he didn't deserve his song to be drowned out by other fans. There is a difference.
United fans don't take kindly to their club being messed by an over inflated cnut. They paid their admission fee and are allowed to voice their opinion.

HsJ

United fans don't take kindly to their club being messed by an over inflated cnut. They paid their admission fee and are allowed to voice their opinion.
'Paid their admission fee' to support the team on the pitch, whether thats O'Shea or an 'over inflated cnut'. You support the shirt. You don't Boo when in the ground. You get behind the team.

End of really.

Feedingseagulls

Yet most of what made up 'him taking the piss' in their eyes was based on massive misinterpretation or ludicrous over-emotional feelings of betrayal (hence the 'jilted' analogies).

It's more to do with believing that a moral and rational sensibility should be the main basis for anyone's behaviour - even though it may be influenced by emotion.

Feedingseagulls

So professional footballers can act like cnuts, but not the fans for fear of losing their star player?

He can go to ****
No - simply that professional players should not be expected to behave like lifelong fans and be said to have acted inappropriately when they act like a contracted employee with other options available. Many, I suspect, were initially simply incensed with the idea that any player could have the gall to want to leave - and then they went on from there.

Sir Giggsy

Team Player
No - simply that professional players should not be expected to behave like lifelong fns and be said to have acted inappropriately when they act like a contracted employee with other options available. Many, I suspect, were initially simply incensed with the idea that any player could have the gall to want to leave - and then they went on from there.
Well, I'm sorry. I'd rather watch players who genuinely want to play for United, respect their contracts or at the very minimum have the balls to come out with the truth - I completely understand it's a job for many footballers and would respect the fact they would want to move for a variety of reasons.

I just don't like liars.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Carlos Queiroz on the nature of loyalty and professionalism in football - he also says that he personally thought United was the right club for Ronaldo - but that he's a romantic on such things, citing the thousand footballers leaving Brazil for Europe each year as an example of how the football market really works.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8099294.stm

The Telegraph has this summary of the interview:
"When you talk about loyalty, you must understand the loyalty has two directions," said Queiroz, who enjoyed two spells as Sir Alex Ferguson's No 2.

"In terms of the modern game, loyalty is to be a great professional, to be committed to the club, to be engaged with the coach and the vision of the club and nobody can put one thing against Cristiano because as a professional he's brilliant.

"But as you know with 95 per cent or 96 per cent of movement in football it is the managers at the clubs that dictate the movements.

"Once in a while some of the top players have the capacity and the power to create their own motivation."

Feedingseagulls

Well, I'm sorry. I'd rather watch players who genuinely want to play for United, respect their contracts or at the very minimum have the balls to come out with the truth - I completely understand it's a job for many footballers and would respect the fact they would want to move for a variety of reasons.

I just don't like liars.
That's fair enough - as long as you only criticise someone for lying when that's what they have actually done - and not for merely being portrayed as, or misinterpreted as, lying by someone else.

More generally, if each fault you perceive is accurately grounded, and your reaction proportionate, then no-one could have any complaints - yet many (particularly last summer/season) made mistakes of both types.

Your insistence that only money could have had any influence over the transfer and that nothing else mattered at all rather suggests that your evaluations might be flawed elsewhere as well tbh.

B Cantona

Desperate
Yet most of what made up 'him taking the piss' in their eyes was based on massive misinterpretation or ludicrous over-emotional feelings of betrayal (hence the 'jilted' analogies).

It's more to do with believing that a moral and rational sensibility should be the main basis for anyone's behaviour - even though it may be influenced by emotion.
As I say, either you're right and the entire rest of the world is both dumb and wrong, or other other way around...

And you're just not that special FS!

Everyone thinks your particular 'interpretation' is complete bollocks. And they tell you over and over. Incredible you don't even question it for a second

Feedingseagulls

As I say, either you're right and the entire rest of the world is both dumb and wrong, or other other way around...

And you're just not that special FS!

Everyone thinks your particular 'interpretation' is complete bollocks. And they tell you over and over. Incredible you don't even question it for a second
Except, when it's things like Ronaldo saying he was 'making a decision' in a number of days, the actual texts are there - and that portrayal is simply inaccurate - no matter what people have come to believe.

(It appears that certain majorities of Muslims now believe Al Quaeda are not killers and would never have carried out 9/11 and that the Tube bomb plan was done under British government guidance/instigation - lots of folks buy into anti-Semitism - it doesn't mean that their beliefs reflect reality - instead they reflect their prejudices - rather like the anti-CR bunch over the last few years.)

You don't think there was any over-reaction based on emotion/error on the part of Utd fans?

- - - - -

Which bit of interpretation of the various events is so problematic for folks?

How 'wrong' it all was? The thread on the AIG logo on the Munich tribute showed some people couldn't tell the difference between a judgement that something is 'wrong' and an intense dislike.* So why should I reckon that when people say he was 'wrong' that they are doing any more than saying they disliked it to that degree. Yet that does not make it 'wrong' - which was the judgement I questioned. When evaluated against the correct standard there wasn't much 'wrong' with what went on back then.

That people over-reacted? Given how people could continually fail to accurately describe even a simple text, possibly quoted on the previous page, and did so in a manner consistently portraying things in the worst light and the most emotional terms, it's entirely likely that their reactions would be as OTT as they were.

Timing of decisions? Well, that's really just you banging on against the majority of evidence and myself tbh.

Etc, etc.

And I'll repeat, since you chose to ignore it:

* In fact, were you one of those who thought that, because I disliked something, I must see it as 'wrong'?

B Cantona

Desperate
Except, when it's things like Ronaldo saying he was 'making a decision' in a number of days, the actual texts are there - and that portrayal is simply inaccurate - no matter what people have come to believe.

(It appears that certain majorities of Muslims now believe Al Quaeda are not killers and would never have carried out 9/11 and that the Tube bomb plan was done under British government guidance/instigation - lots of folks buy into anti-Semitism - it doesn't mean that their beliefs reflect reality - instead they reflect their prejudices - rather like the anti-CR bunch over the last few years.)

Which bit of interpretation of the various events is so problematic for folks?

How 'wrong' it all was? The thread on the AIG logo on the Munich tribute showed some people couldn't tell the difference between a judgement that something is 'wrong' and an intense dislike.* So why should I reckon that when people say he was 'wrong' that they are doing any more than saying they disliked it to that degree. Yet that does not make it 'wrong' - which was the judgement I questioned.

That people over-reacted? Given how people could continually fail to accurately describe even a simple text, possibly quoted on the previous page, and did so in a manner consistently portraying things in the worst light and the most emotional terms, it's entirely likely that their reactions would be as OTT as they were.

Timing of decisions? Well, that's really just you banging on against the majority of evidence and myself tbh.

Etc, etc.
Anti-CR you say

All of us TO A MAN were belting out Viva Ronaldo the season previous. Plenty of us might not have been too impressed with some of the things he got up to on the pitch i.e his diving and cheating, but folk were not anti him. I can't think of a player in England idolised in such a constant vocal manner as that since Cantona. So this idea that folk were against him and looking for reasons to turn on him is bollocks. If anything we had reasons previous and ignored them

The Munich thing has nothing to do with this, but people considered it 'morally' wrong, advertising on what was supposed to be a tribute to a raw moment in our history

There's no point continuing to debate this with you FS, because it will always boil down to the fact that you fundimentally disagree with everybody else about what Ronaldo's actions were that summer. You are 'wrong' there because you twist and contort his words to suit your own particular agenda, which actually has little to do with Ronaldo, and more your dislike of a particular type of supporter. A type of supporter the likes of me, Ralphie, Manxy, Heapy etc all are. PASSIONATE United fans who care strongly about this club. Just gives you yet another reason to have a pop at us, don't it?

Feedingseagulls

The Munich thing has nothing to do with this, but people considered it 'morally' wrong, advertising on what was supposed to be a tribute to a raw moment in our history
It was used, as clearly stated, to show that some people were unable to detect a difference between the meanings of 'wrong' and 'disliked' - I said that I disliked the logo but (given that advertising on occasions of great sombre emotional importance had been going on for centuries) I didn't think it was really 'wrong' . Some insisted that if I disliked it then I had to be viewing it as 'wrong' - which just displayed an inability to understand the concepts. Others did say it was 'wrong' - yet some of these, when questioned, basically came up with reasons why they disliked it (same problem).

There's no point continuing to debate this with you FS, because it will always boil down to the fact that you fundimentally disagree with everybody else about what Ronaldo's actions were that summer. You are 'wrong' there because you twist and contort his words to suit your own particular agenda, which actually has little to do with Ronaldo, and more your dislike of a particular type of supporter. A type of supporter the likes of me, Ralphie, Manxy, Heapy etc all are. PASSIONATE United fans who care strongly about this club. Just gives you yet another reason to have a pop at us, don't it?
Aha! The old, 'he can't be passionate because he also likes to be rational and objective' argument. (If in doubt, always launch an ad hominem attack - especially if you've just been called on 2 blatant misrepresentations of what your opponent just said). I've done this a few times now - suffice it to say I am very passionate - just very rational as well.

Those who 'twisted & contorted' Ronaldo's words were the media editors - and those who accepted the distortions as facts...

Like the 'hoping to have news' in a number of days remarks, which became 'making a decision' in the editorials, and accepted as such by many, even though in one interview he'd been asked specifically if this was him making a decision and he made pains to point out that this was not the case. According to you, pointing this out makes ME the one twisting his words! :houllier::lol::lol:

What I actually always did, much infuriating yourself, was only give Ronaldo's utterances the exact meaning that the words used denoted, carefully distinguishing (eg.) between 'news' and 'a decision'. I also rated clear and repeatedly consistent statements above vague, insufficiently referenced remarks - that's standard practice in evaluating texts tbh - and doesn't constitute 'twisting' anyone's words. In fact, it's a technique used to try and make sure you are doing the other person justice.

Given the cryptic nature of some remarks, and the lack of definite background context, I did, like everyone, indulge in some speculation and discussion about the unrevealed elements. Such as 'what is 'the news'?' and 'given the short timescale what does that make more likely?' - but that's not twisting or contorting his words either.

That we arrived at different conclusions at various times is mostly about us using different techniques to interpret what was going on - I concentrated on detail and analysis - neither of these tend to lead to distortion of meaning. Especially not when it is really a number of texts being considered by a philosopher - who should reliably discern what the texts actually say.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
"There have only ever been two clubs for Cristiano: Manchester United and Real Madrid. Manchester United is a club that will always be in Cristiano's heart. He has had six good years there and now feels ready for a new challenge. But he is still only 24 and has a long future in football and would like to come back to Manchester later in his career. If he leaves Real Madrid, he can only imagine doing so to return to Manchester United." [/I]
I've only just noticed this! :lol: That would be hilarious. But lets say he stays for the duration of his contract..in 6 years time he'll be 30 and we wont need him. His peak is now, or nearly, or just gone depending on your view...but generally wingers don't make it past 30 without repositioning...It would be very interesting to see how he'd be treated if this is the case though.

Look,.he'll be glowing in his praise of us in the media, and if we end up playing them he'll act with the utmost respect, as he did against sporting, but probably greater. However if he's boo'd (which I think he may well be) He'll probably decide to do the old cupping the ear business, or the shush and burn his bridges...

Personally I wouldn't like to see that. I think it would show a lot more class if he was applauded. Not sung to or worshiped, just applauded. It would show what a truly classy club we are. Somehow though, I feel I'd be dissapointed

Alex

I've only just noticed this! :lol: That would be hilarious. But lets say he stays for the duration of his contract..in 6 years time he'll be 30 and we wont need him. His peak is now, or nearly, or just gone depending on your view...but generally wingers don't make it past 30 without repositioning...It would be very interesting to see how he'd be treated if this is the case though.

Look,.he'll be glowing in his praise of us in the media, and if we end up playing them he'll act with the utmost respect, as he did against sporting, but probably greater. However if he's boo'd (which I think he may well be) He'll probably decide to do the old cupping the ear business, or the shush and burn his bridges...

Personally I wouldn't like to see that. I think it would show a lot more class if he was applauded. Not sung to or worshiped, just applauded. It would show what a truly classy club we are. Somehow though, I feel I'd be dissapointed
Depending on who is in charge at the time and the price, if he has lost as little as Beckham and he wanted to come back to United I wouldn't mind it, I reckon that whole post you quoted was a bit of a load thoug.

Bearded but no genius

There are also some who have been looking for an excuse to attack Ronaldo since 2006 and the infamous winking incident.

I had uncountable arguments with Caf denizens calling Ronaldo a cnut over and over and over again and demanding he be sold because he was a traitor and a cnut and a bastard greasy deago wop spic.

They shad to shut up after what he did for us on the pitch after that. Then his tittishness regarding wanting out gave them a righteous cause to latch onto when in reality they had been acting hysterical and insane about him since 2006.

2006 - half a career, 91 goals, 3 Premiership titles (18-18), a European Cup (and another final where he was the only one who seemed bothered), a League Cup, and a World Club Cup ago.

It is amazing when you think about it. What would the last three years have been like if those Little Ingurlanders have gotten their way in 2006?

And how many of the loudest and nastiest voices who refuse to acknowledge any of Ronaldo's good for the club have been waiting for this opportunity since then?