All ticket/travel information thread - 2015/16 -Touting will not be tolerated on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So champions league draw is done.

Will many travel to Moscow? What are the chances of getting a ticket with no credits? According to Wikipedia their current ground capacity is just under 19,000.
I think 400 travelled last time we played them.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Looking for a pair (preferably in the stretty) for any game in late September/October. PL/UCL as they're included in the fixture list already.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Looking for a pair (preferably in the stretty) for any game in late September/October. PL/UCL as they're included in the fixture list already.
i can probably sort you a pair for Wolfburg - in singing section which is better than the stretty!

Mark_GrumpyLion

Strange question here I think, but can someone sort me out with two tickets for the PSV game in Eindhoven. Do not mind sitting in their end, but my old man wants to go to a Manchester United match with me, and it is one of the few chances I have of seeing United play.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Anyone know if it's worth applying for Euro aways even if you can't go for the credit?

Obviously if you are successful you can't just shift them like normal aways as they need to be collected with ID out there but could you just return them to the club?

ATXRedDevil

Hey guys, I'm studying abroad in Budapest this semester and looking to make the trip to Wolfsburg away. Does anyone have any info on how I can get tickets to the game or does anyone have any Wolfsburg (at Wolfsburg) tickets available? Looking for two. Cheers

Ady87

Hello all,

I've booked flights and accomodation for Hamburg and Wolfsburg today but don't actually have tickets. If you are the owner of a pair of qualifying Season Tickets and don't mind applying for tickets for Wolfsburg away (December 8th) I can't tell you how much it would be apprciated. We will be going regardless but hope to have tickets when we are there rather than try and get them outside the ground.

Many thanks!

DuncanEd

Hello all,

I've booked flights and accomodation for Hamburg and Wolfsburg today but don't actually have tickets. If you are the owner of a pair of qualifying Season Tickets and don't mind applying for tickets for Wolfsburg away (December 8th) I can't tell you how much it would be apprciated. We will be going regardless but hope to have tickets when we are there rather than try and get them outside the ground.

Many thanks!
The only people who could fulfill this request is/are exec holders who can put them in your name.

A friend of mine was arrested outside Brugge stadium for having no ticket near the ground. Three other friends got in by buying tickets either in the bars or outside the ground. Total luck.

Ady87

The only people who could fulfill this request is/are exec holders who can put them in your name.

A friend of mine was arrested outside Brugge stadium for having no ticket near the ground. Three other friends got in by buying tickets either in the bars or outside the ground. Total luck.
Hi DuncanEd - Thanks for this information, very useful! Do they check ID when collecting tickets or something and they wont cough up the tickets if the names don't match?

I know you have Exec tickets based on previous posts, I assume these have been snapped up for the aways? ;)

In light of the above, if anyone can assist, let us know. We are going either way and will apply in the ballot via our membership numbers.

DuncanEd

Hi DuncanEd - Thanks for this information, very useful! Do they check ID when collecting tickets or something and they wont cough up the tickets if the names don't match?

I know you have Exec tickets based on previous posts, I assume these have been snapped up for the aways? ;)

In light of the above, if anyone can assist, let us know. We are going either way and will apply in the ballot via our membership numbers.

My spare aways are gone within 20 seconds of checking my bank on ballot result day or I would love to have helped.

For Brugge as an example you are given a voucher in your name that you must present at a designated ticket pick up point in Brugge. When there you present your passport and they give you an envelope with the match ticket.

So an exec who gets one and cant go can name change so that you could get the voucher in your name instead of the execs name and pick the ticket up with your passport. Standard members do not have that option, the standard member if successful MUST pick up the ticket as described earlier or it goes to waste.

You get 1/2 credit i think for applying and not being successful, and 1 credit if successful. If you don't pick the ticket up though you get -1 credit. Maximum credits is 5 and priority goes to those with 5 credits then 4 etc as they've been to all games before.

Now in saying all that were human at the end of the day and shit happens. This is where you might then find someone whose a bit pissed in the pub who will sell theirs, or if you offer enough they will sell. You have to put yourself about though and make it clear your buying. Ask strangers if they are selling etc

Hopefully you do get sorted in the ballot with your own memberships to avoid this. The only other thing you could do is buy it from thomas cook sport who do limited away packages incl ticket. Legal touts pretty much, Brugge was £299 for example but you get flight, hotel and ticket for that.

Ady87

My spare aways are gone within 20 seconds of checking my bank on ballot result day or I would love to have helped.

For Brugge as an example you are given a voucher in your name that you must present at a designated ticket pick up point in Brugge. When there you present your passport and they give you an envelope with the match ticket.

So an exec who gets one and cant go can name change so that you could get the voucher in your name instead of the execs name and pick the ticket up with your passport. Standard members do not have that option, the standard member if successful MUST pick up the ticket as described earlier or it goes to waste.

You get 1/2 credit i think for applying and not being successful, and 1 credit if successful. If you don't pick the ticket up though you get -1 credit. Maximum credits is 5 and priority goes to those with 5 credits then 4 etc as they've been to all games before.

Now in saying all that were human at the end of the day and shit happens. This is where you might then find someone whose a bit pissed in the pub who will sell theirs, or if you offer enough they will sell. You have to put yourself about though and make it clear your buying. Ask strangers if they are selling etc

Hopefully you do get sorted in the ballot with your own memberships to avoid this. The only other thing you could do is buy it from thomas cook sport who do limited away packages incl ticket. Legal touts pretty much, Brugge was £299 for example but you get flight, hotel and ticket for that.
Appreciate the advice!

Looking on a number of websites the going rate is going to be a couple of hundred plus anyway. We got excited and booked to go a few days earlier and already booked hotels and things, going to make a trip of it. A few mates have already bought the Day Trip offering from Thomas Cook Sport.

If nothing materialises very soon or I don't fancy risking the ballot I might just buy that for the ticket, providing they don't mind me not using the flight!

JmRssll555

"Match day 3 - CSKA Moscow - 21st October 2015

Thomas Cook Sport will not be offering any travel options for the above fixture."

Is that good or bad news for those of us looking to apply for tickets from the club? I would have thought whatever allocation Thomas Cook had has now gone back into the number of available tickets which United will put out to ballot?

DuncanEd

"Match day 3 - CSKA Moscow - 21st October 2015

Thomas Cook Sport will not be offering any travel options for the above fixture."

Is that good or bad news for those of us looking to apply for tickets from the club? I would have thought whatever allocation Thomas Cook had has now gone back into the number of available tickets which United will put out to ballot?
You will have absolutely ZERO problem getting tickets for this away. Do you know what is even involved in getting out there with their mental visa process? Some of the requirements are ridiculous.

The cost all in is also enough to put die hards off not to mention the mental CSKA fans and racism in general there.

Tomuś

Still looking for a pair for any home game in September/October (bar Ipswich). PM please.

Cpt Negative

Anyone else have payment problems with the Arsenal game? Was successful but problem with payment, which then turned into a chubbing

DuncanEd

They wont ever give you a second chance I have heard this direct from the horses mouth so to speak as there is just so many applications they move onto the next one. You need to have your shit in order im afraid

kps88

Could someone tell me how far in advance ballot results are announced for home games? Is it a fixed period?

Tomuś

Still looking for a pair for any home game in September/October (bar Ipswich). PM please.
October/November as the flights prices are too hefty now for the September games.

EDIT: Sorted.

Last edited:

peanuthead

Which avenue is the cheapest or easiest to get tickets, the official website or thomas cook? My dad and I are flying in from the caribbean by next week, the games I'm looking at are Wolfsburg, Sunderland and possibly the Ipswich game or perhaps the first home game in October. Any advice?

kps88

Which avenue is the cheapest or easiest to get tickets, the official website or thomas cook? My dad and I are flying in from the caribbean by next week, the games I'm looking at are Wolfsburg, Sunderland and possibly the Ipswich game or perhaps the first home game in October. Any advice?
There's a posts on this page offering tickets to those games.

Tomuś

Lots of tickets available for the WBA in November the last time I checked the official site (yesterday afternoon). Near the away fans.
Thanks mate, but I'd need to buy a couple of memberships. It looks like I may be sorted for CSKA soon, thankfully.

Tomuś

Question to Manchester-based lads: Could also tell me if I can get a bus straight from John Lennon Liverpool's airport to Manchester? If not, then how to get from Lennon's airport to Stretford near the stadium where I'll be staying and how long it'd take?
EDIT: Doesn't matter, choosing another airport.

Last edited:

ZupZup

So United just called and offered me a ticket for PSV away... being a spontaneous idiot, I've taken it.

Anyone else going or know where I might find out where fellow reds are going for pre-match beers? I'm going to be flying in to Amsterdam.

Status
Not open for further replies.