View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Raw

There had to be something behind the scenes that prevented him from playing more! I refuse to believe ETH would be that pigheaded to think Antony deserves to play ahead of him.

TempusFugit

Well, well, well, quality doesn't hide and he's got bags of it. The way he moves with the ball, footballing intelligence and he's a damn hard worker. He's good, very good. Bit more game time and his movements are going to be even smoother and he'll be sharper in the box as well.

tomaldinho1

Would probably just rest him now until the final, start Garnacho - Hojlund - Amad as a glimpse of the future in the final where we romp to a 3-0 win.

mu4c_20le

Doesn't play the ten hag way, never holds onto the ball or spam far post shots

redom

Persist with him. Rather we sign a LW than a RW.
Would make sense, keep Amad and Garnacho, both can play from the right with Garnacho favouring the left, bring in competition for the left side and move on Rashford, Antony and Greenwood if possible. We also have some interesting young prospects in wide areas so I don't think we'd be caught short.

Gazautd18

Love him.
Watched him at Sunderland and couldn't wait for him to showcase his talent at OT.
Didn't realise I'd have to wait this long though...

Geistman

It was simply unbearable having to watch Antony get so many undeserved minutes when we had Amad kicking his feet on the bench and never being even given a shot. We all saw at Sunderland, at the very least, he had potential and you can't fulfil it sitting on the bench. He may not be the answer on our right wing but he's the solution for now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not sure we need Olise with Amad looking like he may well be the answer. I was in the minority a few years back when I said that we should develop Amad rather than sign Sancho.

I think we should afford him the time to make the RWF spot his own and invest money in other areas of the pitch.

Red Rash

Amad alongside Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund should be our future. Great performance and very well taken goal.

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Really good match from him. So good to finally see a right winger who can actually strike a ball with a straight wrist….

Valencia Shin Crosses

He has so much more talent than Antony, and he is much cleverer player.
Mind boggling how I had to argue this just 12 months ago because many thought Antony “just needed to find his footing” when it took just a few full 90’s to see he’s not capable of much apart from holding onto the ball on that right flank.

Someone like Garnacho who is raw but shows great potential in flashes is a player you should be patient with. Antony was a clear mistake of a buy just a couple of months in, no amount of support or game time was going to change him to be more talented than he is

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The loan season was YPOTY worthy, though. (I know that the Bournemouth kid got it, but Amad was definitely up there) Someone mentioned Joao Pedro above, and even Olise in his key breakout season at Reading — very similar stats to Amad in his key season at Sunderland. Difference is they’re getting the chance to have proper breakout seasons in the PL.

He could struggle, as could every young player, we won’t know until he gets a chance.
I said this a few months ago and I still stand by this — give Amad a full uninterrupted PL season and I really do think you get an Olise level talent.

bludsucker

Excellent game from him. His quality on the right was a breath of fresh air. Now see him being promptly benched for the remaining two games.

E-mal

He’s good, and he’s entertaining to watch. I like him. So tidy on the ball, great close control and quick feet. Bit of a fight in him as well.
A Tesco version of Bernardo Sylva you meant to say

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s going to be a belting player, just need to give him the opportunities now.

criticalanalysis

Remember there was a few posters saying he didn't deserve minutes, down played his loan and claimed he was poor in his cameo minutes. If that really was the case, then a performance like this would have came out of nowhere and we would all be shocked to the core.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'm not sure we need Olise with Amad looking like he may well be the answer. I was in the minority a few years back when I said that we should develop Amad rather than sign Sancho.

I think we should afford him the time to make the RWF spot his own and invest money in other areas of the pitch.
Agree, Olise is pretty redundant. I’d rather get another explosive LW and let Amad/Garnacho handle the right side.

Spunking 60m on another half space creative RW seems stupid given all of our other issues within the squad right now.

Gordon S

20m. This is the kind of deals we should keep focusing on. Some proper value there.
A player that gets you a bit forward tilted every time he has the ball.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I said this a few months ago and I still stand by this — give Amad a full uninterrupted PL season and I really do think you get an Olise level talent.
Sometimes you do just need to have faith in the players you do have, I think it’s a mistake we’ve made with that RW more than once. I don’t think we needed Sancho when we signed him as Greenwood was already doing a job (I know how that turned out) we then spent £85m on Antony when we had 2 talented young wingers plus Sancho as is. We just waste money for no good reason.