Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Herrera shouid be up for the Balon D'Or. The less he plays the more his stock seems to rise on here.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Another victim of the 352 in my book. Mata can be invisible but he'll pop up with a goal, assist or generally speaking 90%+ passing accuracy. Fellaini is utilised as a CDM (which Herrera can't play either) and Rooney is the captain.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
It took him 3 minutes to piss the ball away deep into our own half.
Yes but a game of football lasts 90 minutes and a lot of players are likely to have spells in which they make a few mistakes so judging after 3 minutes and saying "well that has certainly proved that blah blah blah" is a bit silly.

Anyway this thread isn't about Fellaini, let's take it to the Fellaini thread.

NK86

Herrera shouid be up for the Balon D'Or. The less he plays the more his stock seems to rise on here.
You seem to have a problem when people recognize him as one of our better midfielders. He is better than Fellaini and I refuse to believe he would have been as bad as afroman has been today.

Ace of Spades

On the basis of the Southampton game Fellaini offers more accurate passing.

/devilsadvocate
Fellaini was worse in that game. Accurate passing means feck all when it is unadventurous and back or sideways most of the time. Cleverley had good passing stats as well, does not mean he was a good CM.

At least Herrera did not give the ball away that led to the goal in that match.

Dion

Yes but a game of football lasts 90 minutes and a lot of players are likely to have spells in which they make a few mistakes so judging after 3 minutes and saying "well that has certainly proved that blah blah blah" is a bit silly.
If he didn't do it on a regular basis this would be the case, however he does.

charleysurf

You seem to have a problem when people recognize him as one of our better midfielders. He is better than Fellaini and I refuse to believe he would have been as bad as afroman has been today.
You fanboys never see the faults in your idols. Every game they don't play they wouid have dominated. When they do play, and are poor, then it's always the fault of the rest of the team.
VG picks the team. I'm so so sorry that the 'afro' offends you so.

rover

i don't think there is much negative personal discontent towards herrera, more likely he is the one being sacrificed of our overall ineffective play way. when we need to rely on fellaini to provide some physical strength there then we need to take out some one also.
it seems that rooney is dropping more deeply and taking over his role. look like we are using rooney+fellaini to protect the back three

NK86

You fanboys never see the faults in your idols. Every game they don't play they wouid have dominated. When they do play, and are poor, then it's always the fault of the rest of the team.
VG picks the team. I'm so so sorry that the 'afro' offends you so.
I may be a fan of Herrera, but I think it's better than the likes of you who would like to knock them down despite them playing well. All while bigging up other players who you would prefer. Well done!

Raw

Passing looked so much more fluid when he came on, but there were a lot of needless sloppy passes that Liverpool fortunately did nothing with. He really should be starting against Villa next week.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Passing looked so much more fluid when he came on, but there were a lot of needless sloppy passes that Liverpool fortunately did nothing with. He really should be starting against Villa next week.
Most definitely.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The sort of midfield Villa might have, he could have a field day. Yes there might be some sloppy passes from him, but it's the same with the other players as well. I am not going to hang, draw and quarter the lad for that.

Boycott

Understand why he doesn't start in a 3-5-2. His instinct is to follow the ball so with Mata or even Januzaj being given a free role with two strikers we need to be more balanced defensively.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Looked very good when he came on. Feck knows what he has to do to get a start.
I am definitely thinking that LvG will only trust him when he has a solid defence to allow him to do his stuff. Until the we need to have a solid midfield. Unfortunately it doesn't make us very attractive. Hope he starts against Villa.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
The midfield looked better when he came in. Could it be because we had more midielders in place?
Because we scored a third shortly after. 3-0 up at old Trafford with 20 minutes to go - you're going to look comfortable regardless of Herrera coming on or not.
Wouldn't really put it down to him, to be honest.

charleysurf

I may be a fan of Herrera, but I think it's better than the likes of you who would like to knock them down despite them playing well. All while bigging up other players who you would prefer. Well done!
Ha ha, the hypocrisy. I'm showing objectivity. Herrera hasn't been the second coming of Scholes when he's played. He's been off the pace unless the opposition has been weak or tired. That's what I've seen, and guess what, that's what VG sees. As I've said before, I hope he turns it around eventually. Unlike you, I don't really care if Fellaini, who you hate so much plays, or Herera plays, as long as they do well and United win.

Godfather

I am definitely thinking that LvG will only trust him when he has a solid defence to allow him to do his stuff. Until the we need to have a solid midfield. Unfortunately it doesn't make us very attractive. Hope he starts against Villa.
So he plays Wilson instead? This 2 striker thingy when we have Rooney in midfield is bs anyway. Herrera in there all day long.

NK86

Ha ha, the hypocrisy. I'm showing objectivity. Herrera hasn't been the second coming of Scholes when he's played. He's been off the pace unless the opposition has been weak or tired. That's what I've seen, and guess what, that's what VG sees. As I've said before, I hope he turns it around eventually. Unlike you, I don't really care if Fellaini, who you hate so much plays, or Herera plays, as long as they do well and United win.
Really? So actually me telling that a player has not played fell is hatred while you talking down Herrera is being objective? Again, as I said, well done!
Also, this thing about Herrera doing well because of opposition being tired or weak really does not make sense. He was better than Fellaini when he replaced di Maria and he certainly brought a spark to our game once he came on. Now he can only prove himself in the opportunities he is given. Fellaini was awful today, giving the ball away on numerous occasions and almost gifting a goal similar to the one he did against Southampton. But yeah, me criticizing that is biased while you mouthing Herrera off makes perfect sense.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He was poor vs West Brom while still recovering from a broken rib.

Other than that though I think he's done very well basically any time he's been in the side. He makes the players around him tick by making himself available for the pass all the time.

RuudTom83

hehe I hear ya @charleysurf I swear some fans love individual players more than the actual team!

Herrera is a decent young midfielder but the hysteria in the match day threads when he doesn't start is comical

charleysurf

Really? So actually me telling that a player has not played fell is hatred while you talking down Herrera is being objective? Again, as I said, well done!
Also, this thing about Herrera doing well because of opposition being tired or weak really does not make sense. He was better than Fellaini when he replaced di Maria and he certainly brought a spark to our game once he came on. Now he can only prove himself in the opportunities he is given. Fellaini was awful today, giving the ball away on numerous occasions and almost gifting a goal similar to the one he did against Southampton. But yeah, me criticizing that is biased while you mouthing Herrera off makes perfect sense.
Pfft, VG agrees with me anyway and I'll go with his judgement more than yours! He can see Herrera can only come on when the oppo is tired at the moment. But hopefully he will be better able to cope eventually. He has it in him. Unlike you I want to think the best of all our players.

As I say, I don't care who plays as long as United win. But if Fellaini keeps on starting, then the increase in blind hate and confusion in fanboys like you will be rather amusing to me :lol:

Jagga7

He's able to take the ball under pressure, turn and make a forward pass. He should be starting every game for me.

NK86

Pfft, VG agrees with me anyway! He can see Herrera can only come on when the oppo is tired at the moment. But hopefully he will be better able to cope eventually.
As I say, I don't care who plays as long as United win. But if Fellaini keeps on starting, then the increase in blind hate and confusion in fanboys like you will be rather amusing to me :lol:
VG also thinks playing 3-5-2 is excellent. I assume you agree with that as well. And since you seem to be a Fellaini lover (fanboi), I will let you be with your Herrera hatred.

Infra-red

Cracking player and should be starting, particularly while Di Maria is out, as he offers more energy and creativity from midfield than our remaining options.

Devil may care

Did well when he came on and added more than Wilson in the advanced role close to RvP. He's gonna have to ride out the formation fubar and injury situation before he's a regular though.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The after-effects of Kagawa?

Surely you can genuinely see a case for why people question why he hasn't started more games?

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Van Gaal says we've only had two dominant performances this season, vs QPR and Hull.

Herrera was absolutely outstanding in both and a key part of the performances.

charleysurf

VG also thinks playing 3-5-2 is excellent. I assume you agree with that as well. And since you seem to be a Fellaini lover (fanboi), I will let you be with your Herrera hatred.
I support VG, but more importantly I'm not so full of hate for any of our players that I desperately want to write them off. I really want them all to prove useful for us eventually ( although Anderson is really pushing it).
But you run along and fill your lungs with bile.

legball

I'll have him ahead of Mata, but my God, just pass it forward! We had a counter attack, Falcao and Young had made good runs, all he needed to do was pick out one of them with a pass, but he just decided to turn back and he was fouled, he's been doing this so much of late and I hate it. He's not playing as well as he can, everyone has to be patient, he went through this same process at Bilbao last season.

legball

It's the same drop RVP and play Falcao argument, new toys etc. The manager obviously knows what he's doing. Herrera is a fantastic player, but let's not go bnow, he didn't do much when he came on today [understandably] but I've seen people calling his performance today "fantastic" and stuff like that, steady on lads!

Status
Not open for further replies.