Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irrational.

Such a classy operator.

Anyone have a gif of the ball that he plucked out of the air in the Liverpool box? Great bit of skill, that.

There should be a rule that whenever Mata is on the pitch, Herrera has to be there too.

daniel9988

He needs more playing time, and not just cameos here and there.

But I can see why playing Fellaini ahead of Herrera makes sense too. "Physicality"

NK86

I support VG, but more importantly I'm not so full of hate for any of our players that I desperately want to write them off. I really want them all to prove useful for us eventually ( although Anderson is really pushing it).
But you run along and fill your lungs with bile.
Oh right, you slagging off Herrera was like honey drips. Grow up.

No one wants any of our players to fail. I praised Fellaini for his string of good performances and was thinking he had turned a corner. But just because I say he has been poor these last two games does not mean I hate him or have written him off.
Also, supporting does not mean blindly agreeing with everything that is said or done. I support LvG as much as the next fan but I feel that his use of 3-5-2 has hindered how we play and that has resulted in our poor performances of late (despite the run of wins). But I think you will somehow construe this as hatred for the man from my end.

Sylar

He was great when he came on and Mata looked comfortable when he came on. Some of his ball control was sublime.
Mata always performs better when Herrera is on this season. They are on the same wave length with regards to the passing (same when Di Maria is with them)

I actually want to see Herrera start against Villa and give Fellaini a break. Not drop him completely but just rest him in that match (use as a sub if needed).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Should be a definite starter for me, as a rule we look much better when he's on the pitch. He's always on the move, always an option, our build up play is much better with him on the pitch.

NK86

I'll have him ahead of Mata, but my God, just pass it forward! We had a counter attack, Falcao and Young had made good runs, all he needed to do was pick out one of them with a pass, but he just decided to turn back and he was fouled, he's been doing this so much of late and I hate it. He's not playing as well as he can, everyone has to be patient, he went through this same process at Bilbao last season.
No he didn't. He just turned the other way to make the pass when starfish fouled him. At least watch it properly before commenting.

Revan

Assumptionman
He should start for us IMO. Him and Mata have very good understanding of each other. Just feck this 5-3-2, play Carrick as defensive midfielder and then play Herrera in midfield. I really hope that we go back to diamond with Carrick, Herrera, Di Maria and Mata in our midfield. That midfield can control the gamea against any (English) team.

legball

No he didn't. He just turned the other way to make the pass when starfish fouled him. At least watch it properly before commenting.
Don't be touchy, he turned the other way or back, fact is he turned away and that chance was gone, he could have just played it forward, he's been doing that lately in other games too. If you want to translate that as me not liking Herrera then that's your cup of tea.

NK86

Don't be touchy, he turned the other way or back, fact is he turned away and that chance was gone, he could have just played it forward, he's been doing that lately in other games too. If you want to translate that as me not liking Herrera then that's your cup of tea.
Did I say you did not like Herrera? Why are you getting all defensive. You commented on a piece of play and I just pointed it out that you were wrong. Go and see it again. He turned around, and not back as you said, to make the pass before he was fouled.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He brings something to the team that we lack without him. However, I wonder why he sometimes plays higher up than Mata - I personally would play him deeper and Mata further upfront

izec

He brings something to the team that we lack without him. However, I wonder why he sometimes plays higher up than Mata - I personally would play him deeper and Mata further upfront
i guess it has something to do with him making sloppy passes at times, while Mata keeps it more simple and therefore dont loses posession.

legball

Did I say you did not like Herrera? Why are you getting all defensive. You commented on a piece of play and I just pointed it out that you were wrong. Go and see it again. He turned around, and not back as you said, to make the pass before he was fouled.
He was in a good/better position to make the pass without having to turn around, that's what am saying. I've seen you picking on anyone who has a semblance of criticism against Herrera, I don't get it. He could have done better with that chance or maybe I expect too much because I've been watching him a long time and know what he's capable of.

Sam

Such a classy operator.

Anyone have a gif of the ball that he plucked out of the air in the Liverpool box? Great bit of skill, that.

There should be a rule that whenever Mata is on the pitch, Herrera has to be there too.

NK86

He was in a good/better position to make the pass without having to turn around, that's what am saying. I've seen you picking on anyone who has a semblance of criticism against Herrera, I don't get it. He could have done better with that chance or maybe I expect too much because I've been watching him a long time and know what he's capable of.
I picked up on the nonsense you spoke about that chance. He made a decision to turn around to pass and he would have done that had it not been for the foul. Whether you take it as me trying to defend him or not is irrelevant to the point I made.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think it happens too often for it to be a coincidence, but we play way better going forwards and on the ball when he's on the pitch.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Mystified as to how he's not starting for us, if Mata isn't going to play behind the front two I have Herrera in with Fellaini every time at the moment.

NoPace

Too good and too smart and mentally flexible a footballer not to start for us when healthy. Only question is where exactly in midfield he should play, but for now, that's more of a question of the formation Van Gaal wants to play that game, the health of Di Maria and Mata's form.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I'll have him ahead of Mata, but my God, just pass it forward! We had a counter attack, Falcao and Young had made good runs, all he needed to do was pick out one of them with a pass, but he just decided to turn back and he was fouled, he's been doing this so much of late and I hate it. He's not playing as well as he can, everyone has to be patient, he went through this same process at Bilbao last season.
If anything, he passes it forward too much at times. He could have passed it there, but I don't think neither of Falcao and Young made good runs in that attack(from what I can remember, but could be wrong though).

C'est Moi Cantona

Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling inside knowing we have player like him in our midfield, can only think his broken rib has taken a while to get over, & LvG is just easing him back in.

Love to see Carrick, Herrera, Di Maria, Mata, Rooney, Falcao on pitch at the same time, with a solid back four behind, stuff of dreams after last season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I kind of think Blind being out is a bit issue for him getting minutes too. We all know how anal LvG is with his philosophy, and without Blind, there is no midfielder with a left foot, which probably is the reasoning as to why Mata has started ahead of him a few times. I hope we see him, Di Maria and Rafael against Villa. Him and Rafael have a great bit of interplay on that right flank too.

legball

I picked up on the nonsense you spoke about that chance. He made a decision to turn around to pass and he would have done that had it not been for the foul. Whether you take it as me trying to defend him or not is irrelevant to the point I made.
You're talking rubbish, he made a TURN when a forward pass was on. And you absolutely have no idea what he wanted to do after that turn [unless you can tell the future], so shut it right there. He made a turn and that's the point, the forward pass was on to more than one player.

Ainu

I kind of think Blind being out is a bit issue for him getting minutes too. We all know how anal LvG is with his philosophy, and without Blind, there is no midfielder with a left foot, which probably is the reasoning as to why Mata has started ahead of him a few times. I hope we see him, Di Maria and Rafael against Villa. Him and Rafael have a great bit of interplay on that right flank too.
I think that's a bit of a myth. It may be true Van Gaal prefers to have at least one left footer in midfield, but I don't believe for a second he would give priority to it over performances and suitability. He's too good a manager for that. It might be the deciding factor between two balanced options but he's not going to pick a less functioning midfield because of it.

NK86

You're talking rubbish, he made a TURN when a forward pass was on. And you absolutely have no idea what he wanted to do after that turn [unless you can tell the future], so shut it right there. He made a turn and that's the point, the forward pass was on to more than one player.
So you do agree that he didn't turn "back" which was my whole point all along. Your blind dislike for the guy just showed up here. Absolutely talking nonsense to try and prove your point all because you don't like a player personally. So I will leave you now to stew in your bile.

Sam

From what I remember the only runner Herrera had was Falcao who went left and got tracked, Herrera looked right and there was no one there so he turned back and got fouled. My initial feeling was that Falcao's run wasn't the best.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I suspect when Blind makes a return, so will Hererra.

Perhaps LvG doesn't rate Hererra's defensive capabilities and doesn't like to play him without a player like Blind around.

Or I am just talking out of my arse and he's not fully fit yet.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think van Gaal's reintroducing Herrera into the first team gradually, there's no need to rush him. He's still adapting to a new league, and wouldn't be used to the Christmas period. This coupled with the fact Fellaini has been very good has kept him out of the team. He's a quality player though, gem of a midfielder.

ZDwyr

He's overrated horribly by a lot in this thread. That being said, I'd like to see him start a game soon. Can understand why van Gaal has been cautious playing him though.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
People are treating him like a player who has been here for years. We have to remember he is still a new signing, in a new team, in a new country. We can't expect him to just have great games week in week out. He is doing very well and is a key member of the team.

Phil

Very weird negativity and criticism of him on here. It's almost as if some people have to be contrary..

Anyway, LVG moans about not keeping the ball well enough and leaves Herrera on the bench. Logic.

Golden Nugget

From what I remember the only runner Herrera had was Falcao who went left and got tracked, Herrera looked right and there was no one there so he turned back and got fouled. My initial feeling was that Falcao's run wasn't the best.
My exact thoughts. I admit I didn't see Young's run, but The Falcao pass would have resulted in a loss of possession. I felt he did the right thing there.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mata always performs better when Herrera is on this season. They are on the same wave length with regards to the passing (same when Di Maria is with them)

I actually want to see Herrera start against Villa and give Fellaini a break. Not drop him completely but just rest him in that match (use as a sub if needed).
We need Fellaini for his physical presence at set pieces vs Villa. Plus he gives the team some real physicality that hopefully Strootman (if we sign him) will add. Herrera although a little terrier just gets swatted aside albeit his other assets more than make up for this. Right now I'd stick with Fellaini the only changes I'd make is Rojo or Smalling for Evans and Shaw for Young who has been great since coming in. Valencia and RVP have hit form and don't deserve to be dropped. Di Maria as always should play if fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.