6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bishblaize

I actually think cautious passing suits Xavi better, he very rarely plays long Pirlo or Scholes style passes. Xavi's game has always been about moving the ball side to side like a see-saw until someone goes chasing, then he'll quickly slip one across the deck into the space left by the defending player who breaks shape.
Yeah that's very much his style. That Barca team at their peak pulled teams back and forth until they found a killer ball that was no riskier than any other pass, for the reasons you say. The only player in that team who really played risky balls was Alves. Xavi in particular was happy to spend 4 or 5 minutes straight camped on the edge of the penalty area waiting for the right moment.

SirAF

Ageist
Well deserved! Happy for the lad after his spell out of the team.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Everytime I see him I can't help but notice he has the shoulder width of a 12 year old girl.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
That's the fecking spirit lad.

When you hear that attitude it's hard not to contrast to Moyseh last season. "Do you think you can win?" "Well that's not really the priority right now, we've first of all got to believe that we are not going to lose. Right now I don't but I'm going to keep grafting away and working hard and hopefully this shithouse bunch of players I have been left with don't feck up and make me look even more of a wanker than I already do. With a bit of luck we won't concede six and that will be a real good effort and something to build on. Liverpool and City is the target, I really admire those clubs and their fans and I hope we can get to that position as a club. Chance would be a fecking fine thing though."

Incredible to think that's an actual quote from his press conference in the run up to the Villa game last season.
He called the players shithouse????? Surely he was more diplomatic?:lol:

m1y2

he won himself some starts with this price so no need to worry about some more adventurous passing, Ander...

coolredwine

lameredboots
“This means a lot for me because the votes came from our fans and I’m very happy and grateful to them. I think they value my work and my passion for playing and I want to try to keep helping the team. I was happy with my form but I would have been even happier if we had won against Swansea away. We won four games last month and now we have to continue that – we are in the top four and we want to be there until the end of the season.”

“I think the supporters like players who work a lot and who play with passion. They have always shown me affection from the first day and I am very grateful. I always say this - I feel very lucky to be a Manchester United player and I will always be the same – I want to try to play with passion, work hard and help the team. My dream is to achieve trophies with Manchester United – I will not stop until I achieve that.”
Isn't he a lovely little thing?

DevilRed

Fantastic for Ander and he has been very solid for us since being recalled into the starting eleven. Will only get better with more experience. With Carrick coming back this will only help him in his adjustment to English football.

I just don't understand why he didn't play more matches in the previous months. Should ALWAYS start before fellaini.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Well done Ander, he's become a fan favourite in short time and has done well. He needs to develop his positional sense and work on his long-range passing and he'll become an excellent cm.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
More than proved his worth. Fantastic to see him starting game after game now. He's got a fantastic engine on him, and that's why the fans have been calling for him to play whenever possible.

Sam

I still can't understand how Van Gaal thought that Rooney was a better option in midfield for so long.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
pseudo_canadian said:
Herrera on Arsenal clash: "We are Manchester United and we are not afraid."

The boy learns quickly. Exactly the right attitude you need for a United player….

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is by no means perfect, but he say's all the right things and his attitude is spot on. I really do think he will turn into an even better player for us, he genuinely want's to work hard and improve, and more importantly win. Love the lad and glad he won the POTM.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I actually think cautious passing suits Xavi better, he very rarely plays long Pirlo or Scholes style passes. Xavi's game has always been about moving the ball side to side like a see-saw until someone goes chasing, then he'll quickly slip one across the deck into the space left by the defending player who breaks shape.

Herrera is not nor will he ever be a Xavi type player. Herrera's more inclined to run with the ball, to advance into forward areas to receive the ball, to get stuck in and get up and down the pitch.

Agreed with the rest, but short passing =/ cautious passing.
Barca's passing was through incredibly tight spaces, to team-mates under pressure, where a few centimetres off on the pass, a tiny bit of predictability, or a less than killer first touch would mean losing the ball. It was a risky strategy enforced by supernaturally talented playerws, and Xavi was at the heart of it.

Raptori

Special needs
What the feck is wrong with journalists? Quote about our summer signings from this article:

"Since the six can be broadly divided into galácticos (Di María and Falcao), solid performers (Blind and Rojo), and future prospects (Shaw and Herrera), the signings appeared a shrewd blend."

...Herrera is a year older than Blind and Rojo. Not to mention that when played he has easily been a "solid performer" (which can also be said for Shaw). Seriously, do they just not bother doing research?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
What the feck is wrong with journalists? Quote about our summer signings from this article:

"Since the six can be broadly divided into galácticos (Di María and Falcao), solid performers (Blind and Rojo), and future prospects (Shaw and Herrera), the signings appeared a shrewd blend."

...Herrera is a year older than Blind and Rojo. Not to mention that when played he has easily been a "solid performer" (which can also be said for Shaw). Seriously, do they just not bother doing research?
I'm guessing by solid performers they are meaning good but not great players so with Herrera and Shaw they are thinking they have the ability to be great players.

Raptori

Special needs
I'm guessing by solid performers they are meaning good but not great players so with Herrera and Shaw they are thinking they have the ability to be great players.
I suppose, doesn't really seem like that's what they're saying though. Especially because there would be no more reason to put Herrera in that kind of category than Rojo or Blind :confused:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

If they can say Lallana is a prospect, so can our Ander and no they don't do any research. Ever.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I love Herrera. I think he's a great player and will be essential to us for the next years, but I absolutely love his attitude, both on and off the pitch. I read that Telegraph article about him, and I like how he comes across as someone who loves football more than anything else, and who understands what being a supporter is as well. He's got the perfect attitude for this club.

Skills

Snitch
Love the urgency he brings to the side. He's everywhere attacking and defending.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty poor first half in my opinion. Mostly being strolled around in midfield.
Think he's playing much better then Blind though neither were great. He got better as the half wore on. Good on the ball but along with Blind getting bypassed a bit too easily.

dirkey

Think he's playing much better then Blind though neither were great. He got better as the half wore on. Good on the ball but along with Blind getting bypassed a bit too easily.
Yeah, Blind looks very slow tonight I think.

Zoo

He finished the half strongly. It's a tough shift for him and Blind with Cazorla pulling the strings and the movement they have.

Devil may care

I think he has either been told to keep it simple most of the time or he's worried that if he tries to be more expressive and it fails then he'll be back to the bench. He also has to take responsibility for helping Blind who we can't leave too isolated due to his lack of pace.

NinjaFletch

I think he has either been told to keep it simple most of the time or he's worried that if he tries to be more expressive and it fails then he'll be back to the bench. He also has to take responsibility for helping Blind who we can't leave too isolated due to his lack of pace.
He has, it's (rightfully) what Van Gaal demands from his centre-midfielder, that much is apparent.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'd have rather kept him on than Blind personally, even though I'm a fan of Blind.

pacifictheme

Poor tonight I thought. no urgency or invention in his play on an evening where we've at times been borderline dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.