6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Don't understand why he was subbed. It feels like we don't have a midfield now he's gone off. We ended the first half so strongly, felt we'd go onto win. Now it's all long ball.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He wasn't playing well anyway. A Blind/Herrera midfield has its own problems.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He wasn't playing well anyway. A Blind/Herrera midfield has its own problems.
He played a decent role in our goal, and was helping us play some pretty good stuff at the end of the first half. Do we look like we've improved without him? Poor sub.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
The moment he was subbed off it was destined for us to lose the game.

NessunDorma

He's our most dynamic midfielder. Full of energy, running, and capable of scoring and creating goals. We were far worse when he went off, and I bet that's no coincidence.

Count Orduck

Taking him off but leaving Marouane the Shitmachine on was baffling.

Last edited:

Kag

Should never have been taken off. He wasn't exactly playing tremendously well but it's so, so evident that he influences the team positively.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Felt the exact same way. He was arguably our best player in the first half, and if he doesn't have an injury then it should go down as one of LvG's worst subs.
If he isn't injured, which I don't want him to be injured. Then what the hell did he say to Ander to justify it?

m1y2

he wasn't adventurous enough again but I guess could have been given other instruction or encouraged to play different role, maybe as 10 instead of Faulaini. But that Blind- Carrick midfield was world class, my word :-D I guess you will never see less pacier midfield than today. Bye bye top four, when you look at the fixtures, we will be really off the pace with what we are going to line-up.

You just know that Herrera will be on the bench next game, you just know that he's not player who will not survive average performance and is not gonna be backed. We just know we're fecked..

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He should've remained on at half-time. Far from perfect and he didn't offer that much, but he's a different outlet to Carrick and Blind.

Ringo 07

I don't think he has any future here. He is not strong or dynamic enough to be a box to box monster. He was invisible in the first half. Van Gaal will replace him in the summer

DomesticTadpole

he wasn't adventurous enough again but I guess could have been given other instruction or encouraged to play different role, maybe as 10 instead of Faulaini. But that Blind- Carrick midfield was world class, my word :-D I guess you will never see less pacier midfield than today. Bye bye top four, when you look at the fixtures, we will be really off the pace with what we are going to line-up.

You just know that Herrera will be on the bench next game, you just know that he's not player who will not survive average performance and is not gonna be backed. We just know we're fecked..
Just watching MUTV and Ron Atkinson said the Herrera substitution made us lose any momentum in the 2nd half.

drdoityourself

He was key bringing to the ball forward to our right flank where Di Maria created problems for them. We had better control of possession, yes we struggled a little bit at full back positions but fortune favours the brave and we made our midfield as slow as you could ever dream of with Fellaini, Carrick and Blind. Add to that the fact that Young wasn't as good as he's been recently and Rojo is not an attacking full back the players out there were mostly negative or passive ones. For me, Blind and Carrick should never be seen together in midfield, they should be battling for one position next to Herrera.

Ekeke

I felt that we needed a bit more from him in the 2nd half, because he was keeping the ball well but in his position we need a bit more than that.

But taking him off we didnt even have that player keeping the ball well anymore. We went from Ander's 89.3% to Carrick's 80.5% and even less penetrative play

I remember in the first half Blind had around 77% when I checked at half time and he ended the game at 82.3%, Ander's accurate passing while not enough to be considered a good performance was definitely helping him control the game.

DomesticTadpole

I don't think he has any future here. He is not strong or dynamic enough to be a box to box monster. He was invisible in the first half. Van Gaal will replace him in the summer
I'd rather the manager went first. There I said it. I hope the board are taking note of this.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Crazy to bring him off at HT, he was miles better than Blind and one of our few players not acting like a massive fanny.

Ace of Spades

He was not great, but he was a lot more composed on the ball than some of the others.

Carrick should have been on for Fellaini, who was giving away stupid fouls and was poor whenever the ball was played on the ground.

I just don't understand LVG, if you want to play possession football, then play players who are good on the ball. Mata rotting on the bench is a shame as well.

Mainoldo

Starting to be redcafe's most overrated player since Kagawa and I really like the guy.

izec

Let's be honest. He plays adventurous, he takes him off. He plays reserved, he takes him off. Why play him then?

onlyoneunited

May not have been his best game but the one thing we lost when he went off was movement. He was always an option for the pass prior to this and kept the midfield ticking over.

m1y2

Just watching MUTV and Ron Atkinson said the Herrera substitution made us lose any momentum in the 2nd half.
I agree, he wasn't in the game that much because he obviously played much further than Blind who had all time to set up attacks but at least he was moving all over the pitch tryna link the play and was giving something to think about to Arsenal players. With Carrick coming on we had two deep sitting very immobile midfielders who can pass the ball but with not enough movement up front(Fellaini) and time on the ball to make something happen.
We didn't get over the halfway line first 20 minutes in the second half just to concede the careless goal.

Herrera's card was worrying but I guess he could have stayed on the pitch as Fellaini and Rojo were also red cards waiting and it was dimaria who was rightly sent off in the end.. The only good sub was Shaw down, but it could have been Young to play as leftback and perhaps Januzaj as winger. But van Gaal was worried with our shaky defense which conceded anyway.

It was an intense game with lots of mistakes, so I guess that happens but antitactics with Failaini as the "ball chester" doesn't work out everyday. Could have been Mata who could start in the first place we would have been controling the game much better and some chances for Rooney and co would come up eventually.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Not trying to make excuses for him, but I think we would be one of the best midfielders in the league under Ferguson. I honestly think LVG is heavily restricting him, and I know for a fact he is way more capable than he is showing.

Truedevil

He wasn't injured as he went on to sit on the bench right away.

LvG just wanted to tighten up things by bringing on Carrick.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's our most dynamic midfielder. Full of energy, running, and capable of scoring and creating goals. We were far worse when he went off, and I bet that's no coincidence.
Exactly the same thing happened when he went of vs Swansea at the start of the season. Its almost as if you need to be spraying balls all over the park to get noticed. His pressing and energy was very good for us first half, he was playing with the shackles on though, not taking much risks with his passing.

Zoo

Wrong decision to take him off he finished the half strongly. I think it turned the tie in Arsenal's favour.

Hamadovich86

Bad game for Ander, his passing was sloppy and his defensive coverage is weak. He is quite adventurous but the difference between him and the very top players in his position is that they're simply more successful. That could be in terms of dribbling, passing, tackling and even movement. He is a solid player but no where near being top class . I won't be surprised if Carrick displaces him permanently for the remaining games.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yup. Funny how much some people overrate him. He's not really that good.
He's far from great, although I think most people felt he would've offered something different to Blind/Carrick who are arguably too similar.

Name Changed

weso26
He wasn't playing well, but he was playing as well as anyone else. Having Carrick and Blind as a midfield is never ever going to work. They are too slow, have no dynamism and have an extremely limited range of passing. They move everything so slow also. It was a ridiculous decision and as soon as I saw it I knew Arsenal were bound to control a hell of a lot more, which is exactly what happened.

RooneyLegend

There is no way I'm going to believe Van Gaal is the one instructing him to be so safe with his passing, if he is, then why are blind and Carrick passing the ball with more risk than he is? He's turning into joe allen ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.