6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

red_7

similar story to Blind, wait for bigger games and judge after let's say 10 games or so. Promising signs so far and better than what we had last season, tha's for sure! If they go on to form a midfield partnership that dominates the Premier League is to be seen. Happy we have them both and to add Strootman will give us further depth and strength in January.

I really have believe that with Herrera and Blind (as well as the rest of the squad) we have passed the lowpoint of the post Fergie era. The only way is up now and if it brings us a CL spot this season I'am happy for the beginning.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
similar story to Blind, wait for bigger games and judge after let's say 10 games or so. Promising signs so far and better than what we had last season, tha's for sure! If they go on to form a midfield partnership that dominates the Premier League is to be seen. Happy we have them both and to add Strootman will give us further depth and strength in January.

I really have believe that with Herrera and Blind (as well as the rest of the squad) we have passed the lowpoint of the post Fergie era. The only way is up now and if it brings us a CL spot this season I'am happy for the beginning.
Herrera is notorious for performing in the big games, so that actually shows he doesn't suffer from lack of courage.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Herrera is already like a young Paul Scholes in one way, off the ball the both run around like little terriers snapping at the heels of anything that moves. Both small(ish) in stature but don't get bullied.

He won't be just as comfortable as Scholes on the ball and he won't quite have the passing range, but few in our lifetime ever will. I'll be delighted if he keeps going the way he's going, improving all the time.
I think Herrera is six foot, he's deceptively tall.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If he can just add goals to his game he'll be a complete midfielder which is pretty rare these days. I think of he continues to play that box to box role and makes a few late runs we could well see him finding the net a little more often.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
There's no way he can be 6 foot, he looks about Rafael's height!

Edit: Google has everything from 5'9 - 6ft.
No, every single site has him down as 182m, just some sites are using the wrong maths and equating 182cm (which is 5.97 foot) as being 5"9 when it's actually a stroke off 6"0, ESNP and the Beeb both made this error.

He's 6"0

Trizy

No, every single site has him down as 182m, just some sites are using the wrong maths and equating 182cm (which is 5.97 foot) as being 5"9 when it's actually a stroke off 6"0, ESNP and the Beeb both made this error.

He's 6"0
But he looks so deceivingly small! :confused:

Kag

He's 6"0
Then he's 5"10.

Kag

:nono:

Mate he's 5 foot, and 97.1% of a foot. He's about a centipedes arse off 6"0, and for all practical purposes he's 6"0, he's not 5"10.
Fair. Some website, first one on Google, reckons 5 feet and 11.6535 inches, to be exact.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
:nono:

Mate he's 5 foot, and 97.1% of a foot. He's about a centipedes arse off 6"0, and for all practical purposes he's 6"0, he's not 5"10.
Yeah. People are getting mixed up by equating .9 feet with the same amount of inches. There are 12 inches in a foot. So .9 feet is more or less 11 inches. At 182 cm Ander is a shade off 6 feet tall.

Andrew~

Its funny, when Fellaini said he wanted to be like Keane I couldn't take it seriously. Yet I hear Herrera say she wants to be like Scholes and have no doubt he will go a decent way towards becoming that for us.
Talks like a leader. Wouldn't be surprised if he were captain in a few years.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
fecking hell, this discussion is as stupid as Di Maria's cross/shot debate. Which was a cross by the way.

Fahad Jawaid

I love this guy so much, since last season when we failed to sign him, i felt very bad for him, it really felt like he wanted to move here, so i have followed his career ever since and i even signed him up for everytime i have played with in career mode i have played since, so i am delighted we have him. I really believe he and Blind will be our most important players along with Di Maria ofcourse.

RedRevongge

I love this guy so much, since last season when we failed to sign him, i felt very bad for him, it really felt like he wanted to move here, so i have followed his career ever since and i even signed him up for everytime i have played with in career mode i have played since, so i am delighted we have him. I really believe he and Blind will be our most important players along with Di Maria ofcourse.
He has kind of suprised me by how good he has been so far (mostly based on pre season and QPR of course). I think he kind of fell under the radar to some extent due to not playing for Real or Barca. He seems just the type of CM we have been waiting for. Fantastic box to box and a real workhorse. Has impressed me so far

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Nice goal, overall I think he's been pretty messy though. Not poor but quite a lot of misplaced passes.
That is Ander's playing style TBF. Not content with recycling possession, he always seeks to create chances. It's part of his appeal and the reason he lined up as a #10 last season.

But really this midfield is jizzworthy. We have the creative touch, pace, tenacity, distribution. Each one of them complements the other perfectly. :D

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
That is Ander's playing style TBF. Not content with recycling possession, he always seeks to create chances. It's part of his appeal and the reason he lined up as a #10 last season.

But really this midfield is jizzworthy. We have the creative touch, pace, tenacity, distribution. Each one of them complements the other perfectly. :D
You're right that it's his style, but he's definitely not at his best today. That's all I'm saying.

Annahnomoss

I think he's put in another all action performance for us today. Highest amount of passes in the team, among the highest in accuracy of our midfielders and forwards, just one less successful dribble than Di Maria - tied with Falcao, good amount of tackles/interceptions and he has only lost the ball to the opponents once.

He does it all a bit in the shadow of the flashy Di Maria, but if he can keep these levels up that is brilliant for us.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
You're right that it's his style, but he's definitely not at his best today. That's all I'm saying.
I thought he's been quite good and what we needed in the all-action kind of role but fair enough mate. That said doesn't every player have a cycle of ebbs and flows ? We must bear in mind that he's still acclimatizing to the league and one first team game removed from injury. Similar to Moreno and Manquillo for you lot. It takes time to find consistency.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I thought he's been quite good and what we needed in the all-action kind of role but fair enough mate. That said doesn't every player have a cycle of ebbs and flows ? We must bear in mind that he's still acclimatizing to the league and one first team game removed from injury. Similar to Moreno and Manquillo for you lot. It takes time to find consistency.
Yeah. He still has to adjust to a position that he hasn't played regularly in for a while too.

Don't think there's any need to go overboard with any criticism, all I said was I don't think he's been at his best.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Yeah. He still has to adjust to a position that he hasn't played regularly in for a while too.

Don't think there's any need to go overboard with any criticism, all I said was I don't think he's been at his best.
Ok. No harm done. :)

Sam

I thought he was absolutely fantastic today. By far our best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.