Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Him and Rafa could do with some movement around them on the right side. They both seem to get isolated some times and trapped in the right corner with nobody else really there for support. Not so much of a problem on the left side because Di Maria is much more natural when he gets wide.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I thought he was absolutely fantastic today. By far our best player.
Totally agree, followed by Di Maria. I said it before but them two and Shaw will be top signings - the others I am yet to pass judgement but they all possess quality in abundance and character.. Shaw just needs to get fit but once he does, he is a player.

Hed Zitin

He's a wonderfully balanced player. His first touch is sublime. His technical ability is first class. He's got lovely close control and movement off the ball.

His goal was pure class.

Ash_G

I thougt he was doing a really good job up until mid way through the second half when they started putting the pressure on. He always offers himself for the ball and plays good positive passes. Bit disappointed that when we did come under big pressure he kept booting it rather than try and pass it out. Still think it was an encouraging display.

I think though he needs to play more tucked in. With the a/m in Rooney/Mata playing it very much pushed up and Di Maria given a lot of license to roam forward, we need Herrera more tucked in. For some reason though we've not quite had the fullbacks bombing on and stretching the game meaning that Herrera has to pull out pretty wide at times. Leaves us far too open.

footballgirl07

Him and rafa seem to have got a good understanding of each other quite quickly. He is very clam on the ball and when we get our quicker game going, Herrera is always involved. Great flick for the goal as well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought he was class today. The ratings in the match day thread :wenger: Asa team we were great for an hour but even then, Di maria and herrera were a class above. I have no idea why the general perception in the media is that he's a bit average. He's class and would walk into most starting 11's in the premier league, apart from city and Chelsea, but even then it's touch and go imo.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
With him and Di Maria, we can finally get the goals from midfield as well. We just to be more stable defensively so we can make a solid run for the 4th spot.

OneUnited24

He's a wonderfully balanced player. His first touch is sublime. His technical ability is first class. He's got lovely close control and movement off the ball.

His goal was pure class.
I'm also so impressed with his positioning, can read the game so well and always seems free for the pass. I guess this is what it looks like to have a proper midfielder!

Drainy

Its funny.. we finally have a good midfield and the rest of the team goes to shit. (Ok, Striker-wise Falcao was pretty good- but Rooney and RvP have been poor so far this season)

Di Maria- Blind- Herrera is looking very balanced, and top quality so far. Di Maria was more of a threat and his pace is incredibly important to this team, but Herrera was MotM for me.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm also so impressed with his positioning, can read the game so well and always seems free for the pass. I guess this is what it looks like to have a proper midfielder!
Maybe that part of the problem, some of our players have forgotten what it is like to actually have a midfield.

izec

Thought he played well today, next to Di Maria by far our best player. Chips in the goals now and always avaialble for a pass. Got lost after the penalty incident, like the whole team though. Panicked 2 or 3 times in the box where he kicked the ball blind forward, still better than losing the ball in defence i guess. He seems to be always one of our best performers this season. He can still improve massively once the team and our defence improve and settle.

Kostur

海尔的老板
How refreshing to see a midfielder score a goal, move the ball forward, press and tackle like mad. Another match where you can hardly say a bad thing about him.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
How refreshing to see a midfielder score a goal, move the ball forward, press and tackle like mad. Another match where you can hardly say a bad thing about him.
In fairness he panicked like hell on 2-3 and 3-3 - cleared the ball left, right and centre with no composure at all.

Kostur

海尔的老板
In fairness he panicked like hell on 2-3 and 3-3 - cleared the ball left, right and centre with no composure at all.
I'd actually watch those goals again to check if you're right, but since I can't be forced to watch this shambles again, I'll have to take your word for it.

Atleast he scores goals.

itso 7

Thought he played well today, next to Di Maria by far our best player. Chips in the goals now and always avaialble for a pass. Got lost after the penalty incident, like the whole team though. Panicked 2 or 3 times in the box where he kicked the ball blind forward, still better than losing the ball in defence i guess. He seems to be always one of our best performers this season. He can still improve massively once the team and our defence improve and settle.
I think that penalty incident, when it all went pear shaped, was LVG's window of opportunity to stem the tide. A well timed substitution to bring in midfield reinforcement would have steadied the ship, then. Even Fletcher (don't know if he was on the bench) would have done, bring him on and push Ander forward then knock it about.
Thought Herrera, like the whole team, played well until that moment.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think that penalty incident, when it all went pear shaped, was LVG's window of opportunity to stem the tide. A well timed substitution to bring in midfield reinforcement would have steadied the ship, then. Even Fletcher (don't know if he was on the bench) would have done, bring him on and push Ander forward then knock it about.
Thought Herrera, like the whole team, played well until that moment.
I think Fletch might have calmed things down. I like Ander playing forward, he is real threat. That would have give Leicester something to think about.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
For everything he adds, I'll take his shaky moments all day long. But it can't be easy playing in front of defenders who don't seem to communicate and have the positional sense of Fred.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is great, only thing that he is missing now is that he should know when to slow things down at times, but I am sure that will come. Great goal btw.

itso 7

I thought he played well. Lost his composure at the end but he was surrounded by teammates losing their shit and he's only new/young. Will be a great signing IMO.
I think that's our major problem, our established players rather than leading expect to be carried by the likes of Ander, Di Maria and Blind just as they have been carried by Rooney, Van Persie and Carrick over the years. How do Smalling, Rafael and De Gea not only allow but, get to become active participants in, the meltdown. These players have seen it all, they should not behave like novices, there are veterans of two successful league campaigns ffs and lost the league in the most horrendous of fashions in 2012, that's experience, that's PL proven.
Seriously it was obvious that new players would need to settle in but is it too much to ask for those we've always had to calm the feck down?

Manucho the boss

I quite like his ambition to get ahead of Rooney but there's a time and a place for that. Maybe he can get away with it more at home but in away games he needs to have some discipline. Blind is not solid enough to be left to hold on his own.

ZDwyr

He did lose composure at the end, but so did everyone else. Thought he was pretty good.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
he was great until we capitulated and he went missing big time in the last portion of the game.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I'd actually watch those goals again to check if you're right, but since I can't be forced to watch this shambles again, I'll have to take your word for it.

Atleast he scores goals.
Badly worded - he didn't panic when conceding the goals themselves, but when the score was 2-3 and 3-3, we needed someone to take the sting out of the game, calm down, get the ball down on the ground and our passing game going. Instead he hoofed and panicked for about 10 minutes. That's what I meant.

Litch

He's quality. 2 goals in 2 games. Whens a midfielder last done that for us. People have to remember nothing prepares you for the PL. Its not the hardest league in the world for nothing and games like that just demonstrate the intensity of its football. He'll learn from that. The only thing that worries me about him and Blind is I think they are a little lightweight and physically can get overrun at the moment.

RedStarUnited

I was disappointed to be honest. Didn't take control of the midfield and started panicking when they equalised.
He rushed clearances, not passes in midfield. Someone should have been giving him a shout that he has time.

There was a pass/flick he played to Rooney before Rooney passed to Falcao, beautiful stuff.

Bwuk

Probably a nothing story.

I really like Herrera so far. Room to improve but he has a positive attitude and always plays with his head up and makes himself available.

He is what Cleverley should of been.

Getsme

He was one of the players who visibly shat his pants and lost it after their third goal on Sunday.
I think it was him that booted the ball as hard as he could from our penalty box on Sunday when there was 3 or 4 players he could have passed it to. However, I think he's been very good so far.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
A couple of punts shouldnt distract us from his overall performance. I thought he was our best player besides DM. Glad to see him get a couple of goals as its always been a weakness in his game, we havent had someone like him making these late runs from midfield since Keane.

JoaquinJoaquin

I think people may be acting a bit harsh towards Herrera, I thought he had a good game, To the people who are wanting him to slow down the play, I think he will do this once he adjusts to the league, Coming to England will be a big culture shock playing wise to him and it will take a while for him to find his feet, He will get there though. In fact i'd be surprised if he isn't eventually called up to the Spain NT

ZDwyr

I think the analysis of his performance has been fair. Others get over the top criticism I think, while a few probably get off a bit easily. Herrera was good until they got momentum, then he lost his head for a little bit. Hopefully he learns from it though, then it won't be an issue next time.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think people may be acting a bit harsh towards Herrera, I thought he had a good game, To the people who are wanting him to slow down the play, I think he will do this once he adjusts to the league, Coming to England will be a big culture shock playing wise to him and it will take a while for him to find his feet, He will get there though. In fact i'd be surprised if he isn't eventually called up to the Spain NT
During the last international break Del Bosque mentioned Herrera was very close to making the squad before he got injured. He will eventually be a full Spain international however I would not expect him to become the kind of player that slows down the game. Its not his style.

Herrera's game is about getting forward and looking for through balls. He's direct, provides running, plays touch football nicely, can be a goal threat and likes a tackle. There's a reason he was compared to Steven Gerrard in the past. Herrera will be a good, perhaps great, player for us. However, I wouldn't expect him to turn into Xavi or Pirlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.