5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobbs

Lack of game time explains, at least partly, his poor performance in the first half. What's there not to get?

An alternative explanation is that Herrera is a shit footballer and that his performance yesterday in the first half is what one would expect. I happen to disagree with that view but that's another way of explaining Herrera's performance yesterday.

The reason I've reiterated the "lack of game time" thesis is that the previous post suggested that I put it all on Fellaini and Lingard, which is not the case. I only mentioned having to play with Fellaini and Lingard IN ADDITION to Herrera's lack of game time.

Any footballer, either a god like Messi or a solid professional like Herrera, needs to play to maintain form. You take players off the pitch, for whatever reason, for a month or so and they're going to need at least a half or maybe 1 or 2 games to regain form.
OK but blaming a lack of game time isn't blaming Herrera. You're putting it on LvG.

WhoDaGOAT

Not a fan of the foul at all. I hate fouls that are that blatant. I'd prefer a little kick than that shit.

There's nothing worse than handsy players when you play football. They should hire an official and equip him with a chainsaw to cut off any cnut who uses their arms.

Varun

Staff
Not a fan of the foul at all. I hate fouls that are that blatant. I'd prefer a little kick than that shit.

There's nothing worse than handsy players when you play football. They should hire an official and equip him with a chainsaw to cut off any cnut who uses their arms.
It's much better to do what he did than go in with a challenge and risk hurting the opponent. It's easier to a shit tackle and more cnutish too. Barkley kicking out was a clear red.

El Zoido

That cameo is him all over. Bit of a cnut and one inspired moment.
It's why I love him.

Was screaming at the telly for him to make that foul. I'd rather a Solskjaer-style hack than shirt pulling but it was smart to make the foul and take the booking.

WhoDaGOAT

It's much better to do what he did than go in with a challenge and risk hurting the opponent. It's easier to a shit tackle and more cnutish too. Barkley kicking out was a clear red.
I'd prefer to be brought down like a man instead of a bitch. All he needs to do is give him a little kick or even a push.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
This. Barley would have done the exact same thing and he knowes it.

NinjaFletch

All the people criticising him for the foul are probably the same peoples who'd give him pelters if Barkley scored.

Only disgrace there was Barkley's reaction, should have been off for that.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That just sums him up, doesn't it? He's a natural cult hero. Taking one for the team, and then hustling to assist the last minute winner. feck the haters, I love me some Ander Herrera.

Classical Mechanic

I liked his assist, botched his back flick and fell over but was still thinking and stabbed it through. His fould on Barkley was smart too. He didn't risk injuring the player and stopped a break away. No way was Barkley getting sent off though, he is a top young English talent after all.

Esquire

That cameo is him all over. Bit of a cnut and one inspired moment.
We need sone nastiness in our team. I don't mind cnuts on the team who are willing to be a little bit nasty to win. Why is he slagged for dragging Barkley down from breaking at a crucial time (and when they have been looking dangerous on the break all game)?

izec

Good foul, shirt pulling is always a yellow. If he kicks him, could be a red, depending on the foul and the ref. I rememebr Rooney a few years ago kicking a player from Villa i think, got sent off. His foot was a bit high, but it still wasnt malicious and a tactical foul. So i thought it was way more clever than kicking today.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Good foul, shirt pulling is always a yellow. If he kicks him, could be a red, depending on the foul and the ref. I rememebr Rooney a few years ago kicking a player from Villa i think, got sent off. His foot was a bit high, but it still wasnt malicious and a tactical foul. So i thought it was way more clever than kicking today.
Exactly, kicking out always gives the ref an option of thinking it is too hard or too high and can send you off like Rooney. Shirt pulling is a yellow and will only ever be a yellow. Its the way smarter move.

pacifictheme

Thought he did ok today. The foul was needed but his play acting was ridiculous. Gor lucky for the assist but did well to prod it through in the end.

Still don't think hes good enough to be a starter for a team who want to win the league.

Devil may care

I have to admit those fouls annoy me as a rule, but it's about time we had a player with some cynical edge in there for us, and his reflex reaction to poke the ball through for Martial for the winner was great.

Phil Osophy

Clever player, the only one showing competitive intelligence when we were suffering. Our team is more naive than Arsenal u-16 and the ones with experience can't run to save their lives.

RaptorSlo

I think pull back is better option that kicking out to foul. When you go for a kick, you might get a Rooney red card type of foul.

Zoo

Great little cameo capped off nicely by annoying Danny Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.