5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geordopolous

Thought he did ok today. The foul was needed but his play acting was ridiculous. Gor lucky for the assist but did well to prod it through in the end.

Still don't think hes good enough to be a starter for a team who want to win the league.
If Danny drinkwater is good enough to be a starter for a title winning team then so is Herrera

Varun

Staff
I'd prefer to be brought down like a man instead of a bitch. All he needs to do is give him a little kick or even a push.
There's nothing "like a man" about going for a tackle where your intention is just to stop play. Pull the shirt. That's it.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Great little cameo capped off nicely by annoying Danny Murphy.
Ha, I was thinking the same. I was sort of agreeing with Murphy regarding playacting, but Herrera making a meal of Barkley's kick out made the referee take action. Without it, Barkley would have gotten away with being a petulant child. You just can't kick out like that, and Everton had done a few earlier with nothing said by the referee.

Brophs

The One and Only
:lol: The BBC commentators saying he should have been sent off. I mean, yeah, let's just rewrite the rules as we go.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
:lol: The BBC commentators saying he should have been sent off. I mean, yeah, let's just rewrite the rules as we go.
They just didn't want us to win. I know our manager is deluded, but he has walked the walk in his career. I couldn't have stood Martinez and his smugness. Yes he won a cup, but sent Wigan into a freefall they are just recovering from now.

DomesticTadpole

It is hilarious isn't it? Literally a week after complaining about a lack of consistency they want rules to be changed at the whim of the referee.
Yet if it was the other way round, they would want Ander off again and Barkley is showing that little bit of a nasty streak that is great in a player. I love the way Ander can wind people up.

Brophs

The One and Only
They just didn't want us to win. I know our manager is deluded, but he has walked the walk in his career. I couldn't have stood Martinez and his smugness. Yes he won a cup, but sent Wigan into a freefall they are just recovering from now.
Martinez is a spoofer. The moment I figured it out was when, at a time when Bayern converted Lahm into a midfielder, he suddenly started talking about playing Leighton Baines there. Didn't he make him watch other midfielders and all to get a sense of what they do. Literally no reason to do it - and, tbf, other than the hollow words, he didn't - other than the fact it was a bit of a thing for a few weeks because of Guardiola. Designed to do the square root of piss all other than show how clever and innovative the manager is.

DomesticTadpole

Martinez is a spoofer. The moment I figured it out was when, at a time when Bayern converted Lahm into a midfielder, he suddenly started talking about playing Leighton Baines there. Didn't he make him watch other midfielders and all to get a sense of what they do. Literally no reason to do it - and, tbf, other than the hollow words, he didn't - other than the fact it was a bit of a thing for a few weeks because of Guardiola. Designed to do the square root of piss all other than show how clever and innovative the manager is.
Yet in his mind he should be managing a top club in Spain.

Sylar

I loved his tackle just as much as his assist. Im always screaming for players on our team to do this when they are not on a booking and were caught on a counter in a 3 on 2 or 3 on 3 situation. Loved it.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Some commentator(Murphy?) couldn't stop criticising him for the foul and kept ignoring the replays showing Barkley's kicking after, showing bias against United and towards young english player, it was embarrassing.

"Unfortunately, that's just yellow card", shut up you cnut. :lol:

Djemba-Djemba

Loved his foul on Barkley. A proper cynical move, he made sure there would be no counter attack. That's what we've lacked since Fergie went, a real hard nosed bastard attitude.

And then he pops up with an assist. Brilliant

Last edited:

NoPace

I'd prefer to be brought down like a man instead of a bitch. All he needs to do is give him a little kick or even a push.
Madness. I'd much rather be grabbed then have someone risk breaking my leg. Players who complain about a shirt pull like it's an attempt to imprison them in an attic for years are idiotic. I've never met one who wasn't severely lacking in basic intelligence.

NoPace

I liked his assist, botched his back flick and fell over but was still thinking and stabbed it through.
He's a smart player who knew that Martial at full pelt had to be given a chance to run at goal, so when he messed up his flick, he was quickly able to stab the ball forward with a tackle/pass, since the objective was the same. It's the sort of thing that should make him our first choice in midfield, and would for a normal manager. We have one mobile, technically strong midfielder and we don't play him. It's bizarre.

itso 7

Thought he did ok today. The foul was needed but his play acting was ridiculous. Gor lucky for the assist but did well to prod it through in the end.

Still don't think hes good enough to be a starter for a team who want to win the league.
Do you realize how silly that sounds when the likes of Cleverley, Ramirez and Barry have all been starters for title winning sides? This fixation with the idea that one only needs to be in Xavi-Scholes class to win league titles is ridiculous when pitted against historical facts of this league.

pacifictheme

Do you realize how silly that sounds when the likes of Cleverley, Ramirez and Barry have all been starters for title winning sides? This fixation with the idea that one only needs to be in Xavi-Scholes class to win league titles is ridiculous when pitted against historical facts of this league.
I don't disagree. But i still don't think hes good enough. People here have an obsession with him, but hes not proved that he is good enough. Definitely the most over rated player on the caf. Hes not good enough at any one thing to be a starter.

Bwuk

The thing with Herrera is, I wish more of our players had his attitude.

He's a fighter.

itso 7

I don't disagree. But i still don't think hes good enough. People here have an obsession with him, but hes not proved that he is good enough. Definitely the most over rated player on the caf. Hes not good enough at any one thing to be a starter.
The thing is you can never have a team of Rio Ferdinands and Rooneys throughout the team, you will inevitably fill it out with not so great players around them. Herrera has enough about him, in the defensive and attacking phases, to have a role especially under a manager that believes in him and he hasn't got that from Van Gaal. Granted he hasn't had a good season, I don't think anyone would dispute that, but still he has shown enough to be kept around and whether he starts or not will up to what the manager decides he needs and whether he takes his chance when it comes.

pacifictheme

The thing is you can never have a team of Rio Ferdinands and Rooneys throughout the team, you will inevitably fill it out with not so great players around them. Herrera has enough about him, in the defensive and attacking phases, to have a role especially under a manager that believes in him and he hasn't got that from Van Gaal. Granted he hasn't had a good season, I don't think anyone would dispute that, but still he has shown enough to be kept around and whether he starts or not will up to what the manager decides he needs and whether he takes his chance when it comes.
Only time will tell i guess. A squad player for me. I'd like to be proved wrong though. I don't think our other midfielders have helped this season either. Weirdly its still an issue. I'd like to see two starting CM brought in this smer. Schweinsteiger and carrick out. Herrera, schneiderlin and two new players would stand us in good stead i think.

itso 7

Only time will tell i guess. A squad player for me. I'd like to be proved wrong though. I don't think our other midfielders have helped this season either. Weirdly its still an issue. I'd like to see two starting CM brought in this smer. Schweinsteiger and carrick out. Herrera, schneiderlin and two new players would stand us in good stead i think.
Given the amount of work needed in other areas I would keep Schweinstieger and sign one starting CM this summer and another next summer and let Schweini go then.

legball

People will love the tackle because it's Herrera, but imagine if Fellaini did that, we'll never hear the end of it. It was a very lazy way of doing what he intended, it was almost comical. Still think he's a good player and should feature more, but he's not the saviour many on this forum often think he is.

Norris

People will love the tackle because it's Herrera, but imagine if Fellaini did that, we'll never hear the end of it. It was a very lazy way of doing what he intended, it was almost comical. Still think he's a good player and should feature more, but he's not the saviour many on this forum often think he is.
Fair point on the Fellaini thing, but it was a good foul to concede. They were 4 against 3 at that point if I am not mistaken. Sure, Lukaku would have missed, but Herrera couldn't afford to risk that.

binary bot
I don't know what the issue with the foul was, it's no different than a trip other than you can't pretend it was something else. It's just in game intelligence - knowing the rules and using them to your advantages. No cheating. The only issue you could have with Herrera is going down easy afterwards. I don't know why Barkley got so offended by it.

WhoDaGOAT

Madness. I'd much rather be grabbed then have someone risk breaking my leg. Players who complain about a shirt pull like it's an attempt to imprison them in an attic for years are idiotic. I've never met one who wasn't severely lacking in basic intelligence.
Yeah, because bringing a player down is going break his leg. ffs.

legball

Fair point on the Fellaini thing, but it was a good foul to concede. They were 4 against 3 at that point if I am not mistaken. Sure, Lukaku would have missed, but Herrera couldn't afford to risk that.
I agree with you, he did the right thing, i just thought he could have just stuck out a leg, the way he went about it was quite funny.

Boycott

Don't think he's good enough to nail starts either as a CM or 10 but he's a decent squad option.

Norris

I agree with you, he did the right thing, i just thought he could have just stuck out a leg, the way he went about it was quite funny.
I don't think he was close enough to do that. Also, do you remember when Rooney did what you are suggesting last season against West Ham ? Got sent off. Why risk a Red when the simple thing was this. But yeah, was funny though!!
I dunno how it's being suggested as passionate like some posters here mentioned, but I do love him for it though.

WhoDaGOAT

No, but it gives the referee an opportunity to dish out the red card. Would you have preferred that?
He wasn't last man and it was high up the pitch. His first foul also.

Actually attempting to tackle the player and brining him down is better than such blatant feckery.

POF

The thing is you can never have a team of Rio Ferdinands and Rooneys throughout the team, you will inevitably fill it out with not so great players around them.
Bizarre examples. Rio and Rooney were the "not so great" players to Vidic and Ronaldo.

I love Herrera as a player. He is really intelligent with a great attitude. If he was better technically he would be top class. The assist sums him up. Saw the run, it was the right ball to put Martial through but he messed up the technically difficult flick. His determination got it through anyway and Martial won the game. I wish United had more players with his attitude.

itso 7

Bizarre examples. Rio and Rooney were the "not so great" players to Vidic and Ronaldo.

I love Herrera as a player. He is really intelligent with a great attitude. If he was better technically he would be top class. The assist sums him up. Saw the run, it was the right ball to put Martial through but he messed up the technically difficult flick. His determination got it through anyway and Martial won the game. I wish United had more players with his attitude.
You obviously misunderstood me, Rio and Wayne were the great players whilst the likes of Park, Valencia, O'shea etc filled out the team and squad. Herrera is not perfect but he can be an important part of a successful team due to his attributes and tenacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.