5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He did make the assist for the winning goal against Everton last week.
He did well with that, actually messed it up, but still made sure Martial got the ball. As has been said, he will try things, so they won't always come off and if you are coming on as a sub it might show up more in a short space of time. I would rather have someone who will try something different than eternal crossers of the ball, bad free kick takers and pathetic corner takers, or even goalkeeper lobbers. Yes, sometimes it fails, but there are times it won't and we will benefit from that. The others are far to safety first for me.

Oo0AahCantona

Symbolic of our transition really, just hasn't been good enough like most of our signings.

Devil may care

One decent through ball and an interception in midfield that broke up an attack, but overall contributed very little when he came on.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thought he looked poor, as he has been for most of the season. Hopefully he picks up under a new manager.

SoCross

Would have been better if we had kept Fellaini on tbh. Herrera didn't contribute anything unfortunately. But agreed, 20ish minutes isn't much, can't expect him to perform consistently when he hasn't started a game in a while. But disappointed he didn't up the tempo like I thought he would, I was screaming for him to be introduced much much earlier.

Don't envy Van Gaal!

Eddy_JukeZ

Our most overrated player imo

That said, LVG has probably mismanaged him the most since he's come in.

Fahad Jawaid

He is still a dilemma for me, he is still one of my favorite players in the Utd side, i feel he has been Van Gaaled. I remember his debut even though i couldn't watch it live, it was against La Galaxy he was the best player on the pitch i went through match thread here and everybody was drooling over him, then i downloaded the match and watched him, he was actually the best player on the pitch by a mile in fact there manager said after the match they couldn't deal with him and he is going to be some player.

Then i think he was injured and played against QPR, he scored and was amazing again, and after a couple of matches there came the Leicester match, till 60th minute i thought he was amazing, and then the comeback and so on, my point is he had to sit out and adopt according to philosophy and somewhere along the lines i felt we have lost that player. He seems subdued now, he doesn't try dribbling anymore, he doesn't try through balls anymore, he is still rough and gives away the ball, but i felt that Herrera who tried alot of stuff in this team which is soo functional would have been great, but obviously according to the philosophy only wingers and strikers are allowed to dribble or try stuff, and keeping your position and passing will lead to chances eventually. I wish Mourinho will bring that unpredictability and spark he had back and allow him to express himself.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Get the feeling he's trying to do too much with his passing and trying to prove he's improved his range.

Like against Palace he was actually hitting some decent long passes wide. He needs to just stick to the basics a bit.

I won't resent him for a shit cameo after he's been pulled out wrongfully.

DomesticTadpole

And you think Rooney was solid in the 2nd half? Yikes!!!
Carrick and Rooney both seem to be knackered into the 2nd half. In fact none of our players seem to keep up a tempo for a whole game. The first half an hour or so seems to go well, then they seem to drop off the pace of the game. What are they doing in training and are they conditioned properly? Keeping possession according to LvG was supposed to tire the other side out, how come it is us that it tires?

AttackingFlair

Big fan of Ander and wanted him to be the starting CM at the start of the season but it seems he's lost all of his confidence. Cameo today was apalling.

Dobbs

He is still a dilemma for me, he is still one of my favorite players in the Utd side, i feel he has been Van Gaaled. I remember his debut even though i couldn't watch it live, it was against La Galaxy he was the best player on the pitch i went through match thread here and everybody was drooling over him, then i downloaded the match and watched him, he was actually the best player on the pitch by a mile in fact there manager said after the match they couldn't deal with him and he is going to be some player.

Then i think he was injured and played against QPR, he scored and was amazing again, and after a couple of matches there came the Leicester match, till 60th minute i thought he was amazing, and then the comeback and so on, my point is he had to sit out and adopt according to philosophy and somewhere along the lines i felt we have lost that player. He seems subdued now, he doesn't try dribbling anymore, he doesn't try through balls anymore, he is still rough and gives away the ball, but i felt that Herrera who tried alot of stuff in this team which is soo functional would have been great, but obviously according to the philosophy only wingers and strikers are allowed to dribble or try stuff, and keeping your position and passing will lead to chances eventually. I wish Mourinho will bring that unpredictability and spark he had back and allow him to express himself.
I remember his debut in pre season and thought the same. Really refreshing to have a midfielder who can do a bit of everything. However then came his second and third pre season game. I put it down to fitness but with hindsight there was a problem with his passing right from the start.

Some put it down to him taking more risks. Its true he does but his passing is erratic in general. You can't be like that as a midfielder in a club that wants to be at the top.

DomesticTadpole

Solid = decent, average.

I didn't say Rooney had a banger.

And besides, how is that relevant to Herrera?
I think because he is getting pelters for a shortish cameo, when there were players who could have done more to finish the game off before subs were ever used. The subs were needed because other people didn't do their jobs properly. Fellaini might find himself out now for 3 games, as has happened previously at a seasons end. Rooney was not bad, but he sure as hell can't take freekicks, as can't Memphis as can't most of our team. Not one of them can take a decent corner, so teams just put the ball out as we are no threat from them. Oh and Rojo is drastically bad. There are a lot of things wrong, not just this lad. The biggest thing wrong is the man in charge who to me is completely off his rocker.

clarkydaz

he is a bag of nerves it seems this year. He's finishing the 2nd half of the season where Rooney left off.

DomesticTadpole

he is a bag of nerves it seems this year. He's finishing the 2nd half of the season where Rooney left off.
Problem is that Leicester are a very organised defence, Everton were all over the place. I think Ander is fine picking through balls against the all out attacking teams, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Everton etc. What we need is someone who can unopen the awkward defences. We don't have that player at the moment. Ander is a useful player, but you would have thought by now the manager might have fathomed out how to get past these teams.

clarkydaz

Problem is that Leicester are a very organised defence, Everton were all over the place. I think Ander is fine picking through balls against the all out attacking teams, Liverpool, City, Arsenal, Everton etc. What we need is someone who can unopen the awkward defences. We don't have that player at the moment. Ander is a useful player, but you would have thought by now the manager might have fathomed out how to get past these teams.
its not even that, these last run of games he has been on its really bad stray passes under no real pressure. He is a shell of who he was currently

Art Vandelay

He was fairly shit today, he looks like his confidence isn't there.

Has he had any reserve games since he came back from injury? He might be finding it hard to get match rhythm with the spells of being dropped and not getting many minutes since he got injured.

DomesticTadpole

He was fairly shit today, he looks like his confidence isn't there.

Has he had any reserve games since he came back from injury? He might be finding it hard to get match rhythm with the spells of being dropped and not getting many minutes since he got injured.
No he hasn't. Seeing LvG has always said they need match rhythm yet now has players coming back from injury and then has them sitting on the bench. Last season he had a couple of games with the U-21's and it did him good. LvG seems to be full of contradictions.

LouisDanGaal

He isn't a sub player, he likes to up the tempo and move the ball as quickly as possible so he really needs his first touch and feel for the game to be perfect, it rarely works for him coming off the bench or if he hasn't got a run of games. Its poor management how many players in our squad are lacking match rhythm considering how often LVG talks about it, chopping and changing players almost at random doesn't end well.

Eddy_JukeZ

I think because he is getting pelters for a shortish cameo, when there were players who could have done more to finish the game off before subs were ever used. The subs were needed because other people didn't do their jobs properly. Fellaini might find himself out now for 3 games, as has happened previously at a seasons end. Rooney was not bad, but he sure as hell can't take freekicks, as can't Memphis as can't most of our team. Not one of them can take a decent corner, so teams just put the ball out as we are no threat from them. Oh and Rojo is drastically bad. There are a lot of things wrong, not just this lad. The biggest thing wrong is the man in charge who to me is completely off his rocker.
Fair enough. I never said Herrera is the main problem in our team. I even cut him slack from my criticism by saying LVG has horribly mismanaged him.

dichinero

Carrick and Rooney both seem to be knackered into the 2nd half. In fact none of our players seem to keep up a tempo for a whole game. The first half an hour or so seems to go well, then they seem to drop off the pace of the game. What are they doing in training and are they conditioned properly? Keeping possession according to LvG was supposed to tire the other side out, how come it is us that it tires?
We would never know

DomesticTadpole

I know I certainly cringed and felt a pang of shame when he did that.
Not as ashamed you would have been in Barkley had got into that box flopped on the floor and got them another penalty. Then everyone would have been screaming 'Why didn't he pull him down and take a booking'. He did exactly the right thing. Also he was having a laugh about winning tackle of the year.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I know I certainly cringed and felt a pang of shame when he did that.
Really? :lol:

How did you feel during the old United vs Arsenal games 10-15 years ago? :lol::lol:

You must've hated some of Scholes and Keane's tackles!

Gopher Brown

Not as ashamed you would have been in Barkley had got into that box flopped on the floor and got them another penalty. Then everyone would have been screaming 'Why didn't he pull him down and take a booking'. He did exactly the right thing. Also he was having a laugh about winning tackle of the year.
Really? :lol:

How did you feel during the old United vs Arsenal games 10-15 years ago? :lol::lol:

You must've hated some of Scholes and Keane's tackles!
There's a difference though. That pull back was just blatant cheating, there wasn't anything clever in what he did, nor did he try to hide it.

The Solskjaer one I feel differently about, the guy would have scored, it was more in desperation. Herrera could have played better and not let Barkley waltz past him.

izec

There's a difference though. That pull back was just blatant cheating, there wasn't anything clever in what he did, nor did he try to hide it.

The Solskjaer one I feel differently about, the guy would have scored, it was more in desperation. Herrera could have played better and not let Barkley waltz past him.
Heh? It was a tactical foul, get over it

criticalanalysis

If you're in the UK:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b078xzgv/the-fa-cup-201516-everton-v-manchester-united

2:09 onwards. It started off with a poor/underhit through ball from Rooney (as always, remember that Swansea game earlier in the season?), Carrick diving into no man's land and then Herrera seeing the danger (from the edge of Everton's penalty box no less), chasing back and bringing him down very cleanly.

Barkley was in full stride and was 5-10 yards away from being able to isolate Blind and/or give a through ball to Lukaku. If you want to analyse the situation further, Herrera had a couple of choices 1) he maybe could have made a tackle as Barkley first came across him but he probably would have had to go in with his weaker foot first (left leg) and thus would have less leverage as it's more unnatural meaning he would have probably injured Barkley or 'worst', not connect with the ball and let Barkley advance forward. 2) He could have chased Barkley further until he gets leverage to make a tackle, in which case a) that's assuming he can catch up to a fully in stride Barkley and b) by that time the foul would be nearer to the penalty box.

You're absolutely fecking mad to criticise Herrera in this situation.

It's mind boggling how people watch/view football here.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This and nothing else. Ever.

LouisDanGaal

A tactical foul is a tactical foul, simple as, the Veratti one from this season is even funnier than herreras.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It's a bloody disgrace he didn't dropkick Barkley in the spine and end his career, maybe life.

That's what a damned proppa footballer would have done, wouldn't get into the Spurs side, that's for true.

Status
Not open for further replies.