Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Changed

weso26
He's our version of Lucas Leiva.

A bang average hacker who supporters want to be convinced is very good because he puts in a shift. Only Lucas Leiva didn't cost £30 fecking million.
Fair enough, you have you opinion and I respect it, but that is moronic.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

A bang average hacker who supporters want to be convinced is very good because he puts in a shift. Only Lucas Leiva didn't cost £30 fecking million.
I see where you are coming from with this, but I'd compare him more to a Mascherano than a Lucas. His technical ability is far better.

NK86

I see where you are coming from with this, but I'd compare him more to a Mascherano than a Lucas. His technical ability is far better.
He is not as good as Mascherano defensively but he is better than the Argie on the ball and in the final third. Irrespective of that, the Lucas comparison is bonkers.

prath92

An average game nothing great. And not poor either. Bit much to credit him for the goal though

JeffBoomTetris

Average game. Only highlights that I can recall was that lazy pass to another red shirt intercepted by Dier or Henderson(?). And then this straightforward direct pass to Morata to start a counter leading to Aspas' goal.

But, he stabilized the midfield with his workrate and movement. Busquets and Thiago, I thought, were just awful as the pivots.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
As I said on the previous page, I'm not comparing their playing styles directly. I'm comparing the fans over-inflated opinion of him and the praise he gets for nothing.

Certainly not doing anything to disprove my average and a hacker opinion though. Last game for United, he was average and sent off, last night he was average for Spain and Eric Dier claims he elbowed him in the face in an off the ball incident.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Miles better than Lucas.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As I said on the previous page, I'm not comparing their playing styles directly. I'm comparing the fans over-inflated opinion of him and the praise he gets for nothing.

Certainly not doing anything to disprove my average and a hacker opinion though. Last game for United, he was average and sent off, last night he was average for Spain and Eric Dier claims he elbowed him in the face in an off the ball incident.
I think the opinion around him is seen to be inflated because of how complimentary he is to Pogba and the mentality he brings to the holding role which we've lacked for a few years. Many posts speak less of his technical abilities and more of his bravery and attitude.

Also not sure how he was average in the last game. The entire team was brilliant for the first 45 mins and we had Burnley penned in their own third. There is little a holding midfielder can do in such situations but he was fine whenever called upon and was incorrectly sent off. To suggest he gets praise for doing "nothing" is a more exagerrated assertion than the praise he actually gets.

Varun

Staff

You'll need to stop waiting for his call/text and start watching him play for us.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff

At first I thought that the mods trademarked the worst post in the thread here.

Nickosaur

He's a nasty, annoying little cnut isn't he? And he's ours :devil: Closest thing we've had to Keano in years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If he wasn't ours I'd feckin hate him.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So tenacious, but has real technical ability about him too, gem of a player.

AndyJ1985

It's criminal how van Gaal wanted to change Herrera and take away everything that made him so good.

facund

He looked good with a bit more freedom to roam knowing Carrick was there. His versatility brings a lot to the midfield mix and he seems to have found a consistency that he struggled (or was stifled) with during his first two seasons here.

Brilliant cut-back, not 100% sure he knew exactly who was there but that duo seem to have a really good appreciation of each others game.

IhabX7

He looked good with a bit more freedom to roam knowing Carrick was there. His versatility brings a lot to the midfield mix and he seems to have found a consistency that he struggled (or was stifled) with during his first two seasons here.

Brilliant cut-back, not 100% sure he knew exactly who was there but that duo seem to have a really good appreciation of each others game.
Absolutely.

Status
Not open for further replies.