Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

He's been playing excellently recently, I just want to see him develop his long range passing a bit more. That's the one thing he can't do IMO.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
This guy very rarely has a bad game. Always one of our better performers no matter how good or bad we play as a team.

DanClancy

He should score more goals if he plays alongside Carrick & Pogba in a 3 although won't get forward that much when its just him and Pogba but he's a good finisher and is capable of striking a ball cleanly on his weaker side.

I thought he'd be a player Jose would be delighted to inherit, he's a good all round player without been particularly talented in one aspect but he's got a great engine on him which will always make him a fans favourite.

Art

Art the artist
Manchester United captain material but I'm certain Pogba will take over next. Can't complain though. Herrera and Pogba is an excellent CM partnership.

criticalanalysis

Never doubted his ability, just another great performance, now he managed to boss it agains City, Liverpool and Arsenal this season already. Make him captain already ffs
6:15

At least the ref was consistent with his sh|t deicisons. Twice Monreal brings down our players by going across them with poor initial positioning AND last second, clumsy challenges but nothing given, inside or outside the box. Or he had money on Monreal not giving away any fouls.

Absolutely ridiculous bias/bottle job.

m1y2

6:15

At least the ref was consistent with his sh|t deicisons. Twice Monreal brings down our players by going across them with poor initial positioning AND last second, clumsy challenges but nothing given, inside or outside the box. Or he had money on Monreal not giving away any fouls.

Absolutely ridiculous bias/bottle job.
I found his refereeing awful as well, not that we lost it because of him but ramsey could have been easily sent off for his three borderline yellowcards, and he could kick our players happily the whole game...

Yagami

Good post resistant
I thought he was pretty class yesterday, I've seen most of the United games this season but I haven't really thought he was playing particularly great, has he been this good all season?
As others have said he's been one of our best players this year; maybe the best. He really shines in big games as he's one of our few players who maintain their performance levels no matter the opposition, but he's just as influential to our play against the "lesser" teams, too. I think if a rival fan were to watch us against a so called "lesser" team his performance would go a bit under the radar as our other big players usually dominate the games (Pogba/Mata/Carrick/Zlatan,etc) but he usually offers the same every game no matter who the oppo is. He's become a real leader now that he's got a manager who has faith in him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Without Carrick it was a very workhorse performance from Ander.
It has to be him Carrick and Pogba. Sounds like first half was fine, then what happens in that dressing room at half-time. If I didn't know better it appears they are made to feel sorry for themselves and that it isn't their day, bad luck, bad referee. Instead of firing them up to overcome these things and go out and show everybody. They seem to have lost the fire from their bellies in the 2nd half. I could determine from the forum.

JeffBoomTetris

Slows us down so much..pass the fecking ball.
He did that to regain momentum for the team. Plenty of times West Ham were on top of us. And the defenders were hacking it aimlessly forward. That's when you need your midfielders to get a grip of the ball and not lose it trying for a risky forward pass. That's what he and Pogba did.
The attack were shite today

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He did that to regain momentum for the team. Plenty of times West Ham were on top of us. And the defenders were hacking it aimlessly forward. That's when you need your midfielders to get a grip of the ball and not lose it trying for a risky forward pass. That's what he and Pogba did.
The attack were shite today
It's this team not putting the ball in the net that is the problem. We need a prolific striker up there, a thirty goal a season man, not a goal here and there bunch.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Really felt for him during the post-match interview on MUTV - he's so incredibly frustrated and remorseful that we're not getting the wins that our play deserves, it really seems to genuinely trouble him that it's not clicking right for the team.

Manny

Grammar Police
Herrera was absolutely clueless in there at DM.

He was giving the ball to Jones to make something happen, ffs.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I love Herrera but his reluctance to play a forward pass was infuriating at times. didn't help that Mata was off.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Midfield is the least of our problems right now given we dominate games and create chances.

Every time I see people trying to blame any of our midfield players after we completely dominated games and created countless chances it keep reminding me how clueless the majority of Caf posters are. Just repeating what they've read somewhere.

None of Pogba, Herrera or Carrick deserve any criticisms lately. They've done their jobs well.

And it's certainly wasn't about Carrick in this game like some want to pretend. We've drawn games with Carrick on the side just like we've trashed teams w/o him I'm the side with just Herrera and Pogba.

Our attackers are more to blame for continuously missing easy chances. Our midfielders have been doing their jobs by being creative and pushing the game forward, creating chances and dominating.

Stop looking for blames where there shouldn't be.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Midfield is the least of our problems right now given we dominate games and create chances.

Every time I see people trying to blame any of our midfield players after we completely dominated games and created countless chances it keep reminding me how clueless the majority of Caf posters are. Just repeating what they've read somewhere.

None of Pogba, Herrera or Carrick deserve any criticisms lately. They've done their jobs well.

And it's certainly wasn't about Carrick in this game like some want to pretend. We've drawn games with Carrick on the side just like we've trashed teams w/o him I'm the side with just Herrera and Pogba.

Our attackers are more to blame for continuously missing easy chances. Our midfielders have been doing their jobs by being creative and pushing the game forward, creating chances and dominating.

Good post.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Only thing I could think of watching that interview was that he as a Spaniard speaks better English than some of the English players. :lol:

DanClancy

Herrera was superb in the first half as was Pogba and it was something that West Ham clearly spoke about at half time and made it difficult for Herrera to pass the ball between the lines, we needed Jones to take more responsibility on the ball which is something which is clearly never going to happen. The same goes for Darmian, West Ham knew these 2 are the weak link in possession. The first change I'd have made was to bring Blind or Young on for Darmian.

If we'd have gone in ahead at HT we'd have won that game comfortably and we'd be talking about how well Herrera played, its certainly not his fault we didn't win today and I'm not sure whether Carrick would have made enough of a difference to win the game; When you have a 1st half like that against a team like West Ham you should be going in with a 2 goal lead not drawing.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

Good post.

JeffBoomTetris

It's this team not putting the ball in the net that is the problem. We need a prolific striker up there, a thirty goal a season man, not a goal here and there bunch.
Exactly, we are missing that very much since RvP.

As @Santoryo pointed out, the midfield are doing what they can. They are dominating the territory, creating chances and supporting both offense and defense. The midfield blame game might have worked in lvg's time when we weren't creating anything. But it can't work now

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
When we create a glut of chances and have nearly 70% of the ball, it's fair to say the midfield did their job.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Good post.

Our wingers and strikers are either having stinkers, or missing sitters.

ZDwyr

Very good post. I thought Herrera was pretty solid to be honest. Probably could have been better in the second half but he wasn't too bad.

m1y2

it was another good performances fro him, full stop. shut up with carrick and everything negative, he was palying a holding mid and at times alone there with Pogba pushing forward, he's done well, had we finished our chances noone would even think about blaming him for anything, we created enough to comfortably win the game...

That's his job.

He is there to relieve the pressure and keep the ball moving in our possession.

Pogba is there to drive the ball forward and create opportunities.

Carrick when he plays is there to stretch the play and keep the opposition pinned with his passing.

prath92

Harsh to criticise him for yday. He did his job. Gave away a free kick near the edge of the box but again that is hardly his fault. He can't expect to predict that payet will screw up the trick.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not sure why he is getting stick. Our CMs dominated the game yesterday (and most games lately), not at fault.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That's his job.

He is there to relieve the pressure and keep the ball moving in our possession.

Pogba is there to drive the ball forward and create opportunities.

Carrick when he plays is there to stretch the play and keep the opposition pinned with his passing.
The thing is your typical Caf poster doesn't really know what midfield players are all about. Some genuinely don't understand some concept about football and how it played at the highest level which bring us to constantly read ignorant posts and ranting.

You have Herrera who simply did his job right by recycling the ball for us and keeping it while managing the tempo but he get sticks for nut constantly taking the risky pass when that'll be exactly the opposite of what he should be doing.

Pogba is in charge of such task. Herrera helps us keep possession, set the tempo (important to know when to pass the ball forward, rush the play or slow it down depending on the situation).

However some just don't get this.

I mean you have Kante who basically only break play and pass it to someone else to do all the creative bit and he gets praised.

It's quite tiring reading ignorant posts one after another in different threads just because some read things somewhere and want to repeat them.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I love his energy and how he keeps everything going. Having him a bit deeper in the field is working out great and I never thought he could be so good at winning the ball back so that's a very pleasant surprise. He's stepped up his game big time this season under Mourinho.

Was a very long time ago that we bossed the midfield as much as we're doing right now and he's definitely a major key to that.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Our attackers couldn't hit a barn door and poor Ander gets the backlash... :lol:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Wasn't great yesterday but not to blame for us losing. He does have this really bad habit of when the space is in behind to carry the ball, instead of doing a no touch turn and going forwards, he takes a touch backwards before realizing there is no one behind him, then turns and then decides to move forward or passes sideways which kills the momentum of the attack.

When we are losing he starts playing faster but when the game is in the balance, he plays too conservatively (LVG still in his head). When he is proactive, he's beautiful to watch.

VanGaalEra

His interview with MUTV just shows he cares as much as we do.

Looked just like me trying to explain what's happened after our last 4 PL home games.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Wasn't great yesterday but not to blame for us losing. He does have this really bad habit of when the space is in behind to carry the ball, instead of doing a no touch turn and going forwards, he takes a touch backwards before realizing there is no one behind him, then turns and then decides to move forward or passes sideways which kills the momentum of the attack.

When we are losing he starts playing faster but when the game is in the balance, he plays too conservatively (LVG still in his head). When he is proactive, he's beautiful to watch.
That first paragraph is so true. I'm a Herrera guy but that's probably one aspect of his game for him to improve on. You do get the feeling that he's aware of how prone he is to losing the ball when he tries to be more proactive and is curbing his enthusiasm and making less risky moves. You can't be losing the ball frequently playing the midfield role he is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.