Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acole9

Outstanding
I love this guy, great energy and passion. His interview on Match of the day was great.

Witchking

Has made good progress this season. Great guy. Happy for him. Hope that eh stays with United for a while and helps United get back to the top.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Just saw this, I can't remember when is the last time I saw one of our players showing so much passion in the interview. He is having a great season, and is showing great passion for the club, it's incredible that there are still people who are not happy with him in our starting XI. If there's one player who should be an example to our other players, it's him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agreed, he's not world class but he is a good player who gives us something different. the passion and understanding he shows is something that goes a long way with the fans.

It's nice to know the players feel the same way, and aren't just laughing there way home and forgetting about it.

edcunited1878

He's got more fight in his left nut than Di Maria ever had. The intensity and passion that is required for every team that aspires to win silverware has players like Herrera. It's great to have him in the squad and him playing to his strengths. LVG did it for too little of time and it worked well. Now Jose has him playing a different, but effective way where his energy, ball control, movement and passing tempo work well.

criticalanalysis

Love Herrera and obviously reading too much in it but the whole 'we're doing everything, we're unlucky and deserve more' narrative a bit disconcerting. It's probably coming from Mourinho and my view is that, we've simply haven't been good enough.

For all the general good play there's not enough pressing, not enough running and not enough intensity to create those situations where defences are not set and unstable. Things are better, maybe even much better than under LVG but we need to play every game like against the 1st half against Liverpool. Not a second of rest for the opposition.

RedFish

Love Herrera and obviously reading too much in it but the whole 'we're doing everything, we're unlucky and deserve more' narrative a bit disconcerting. It's probably coming from Mourinho and my view is that, we've simply haven't been good enough.

For all the general good play there's not enough pressing, not enough running and not enough intensity to create those situations where defences are not set and unstable. Things are better, maybe even much better than under LVG but we need to play every game like against the 1st half against Liverpool. Not a second of rest for the opposition.
But if we put away just half of our gilt-edged chances then we would be winning the games. We can perform better of course, but we wouldn't be debating all this with as much angst had we managed to secure the 3 points in these last few drawn PL games. Herrera isn't going to criticize individual players in a post match interview, and he shouldn't need to - it's obvious that we need to finish better. Right now with Rashford seemingly off form, Zlatan profligate, and Martial ponderous, we could probably do ourselves a favour and just be a bit more patient - In all probability it will turn around.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

No we actually press and go forward with intent. And people have to stop expecting us to play 90 minutes of flawless high intensity football w/o any deep. No team ever does that because it's almost impossible.

There'll always be few spells throughout s dominant game when the superior team cool off a bit but what's important is that they regain that intensity once more especially when needed most.

Man Utd 4:1 West Ham

Fracture90

Another great performance, lots of energy, ball recovery and ground covered. Plus he got an assist. One thing tho is that sometimes he runs after the ball like a headless chicken and falls out behind leaving lots of space open to exploit. He just gotta be more tactical in these situations.

RedStarUnited

Another great performance, lots of energy, ball recovery and ground covered. Plus he got an assist. One thing tho is that sometimes he runs after the ball like a headless chicken and falls out behind leaving lots of space open to exploit. He just gotta be more tactical in these situations.
Nope, I love that about him. He starts our pressing most of the time. Jose made a note about this a while back too.

Fracture90

Nope, I love that about him. He starts our pressing most of the time. Jose made a note about this a while back too.
Don't get me wrong i love the guy just sometimes he's so rash to recover possession he gets caught on the wrong foot and that usually ends with him making a faul. He's superb tho, great b2b player.

m1y2

another great game from him, happy to order his shirt from the official fanshop today

Devil may care

Another good performance, he's been excellent this season but like Pogba I feel he's just that bit better when Carrick is on as the safety net behind him, that partnership was class tonight and he got an assist.

LouisDanGaal

He wasn't as good as he usually is tonight. Hope it's not tiredness.
No he was just less involved than usual if you ask me. If a team is playing really great on the front foot the ball will be with the forwards a lot more than midfield, I think its a positive that he had one of his quieter games. He was certainly still tenacious, getting the ball back, closing off passing channels and moving the ball on as quickly as ever, there was just no need for him to try and drive forward.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Slowly becoming a top player. Progress was halted by LVG, who was forcing him to become a player that he isn't.

Morpheus 7

He is on a great run at the moment. There is great consistency in his performances. He's one of the few guaranteed starters. He is the anti LVG player, driving forward and not passing it back. He's has the mentality and attitude that is required for United.

m1y2

I got a long sleeve version of his in the megastore last Thursday before match. I love it
I regret not to get the long sleeve a little now but will be fine once it arrives, hav a good feeling ordering it over the usual big names like Zlatan or Pogba, so hope he doesn't disappoints me and keeps up the good form until he retires he at 35

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I like how few months ago everyone complained that he was usually inconsistent player and that we cannot expect him to play good very often. Few months later, he is yet to have a bad game. :lol:

Sylar

I just find it funny that LVG pretty much punished him for the stuff were seeing what hes so good at. Good to see him getting a run in the team, playing well and being trusted by Jose.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Such a brilliant player. Laughable how Van Gaal treated him and tried to change him. Showing why he was so sought after for a while, and why we decided to bid his release clause. Just had to get the right manager to give him the right role, and he's showing his quality.

criticalanalysis

But if we put away just half of our gilt-edged chances then we would be winning the games. We can perform better of course, but we wouldn't be debating all this with as much angst had we managed to secure the 3 points in these last few drawn PL games. Herrera isn't going to criticize individual players in a post match interview, and he shouldn't need to - it's obvious that we need to finish better. Right now with Rashford seemingly off form, Zlatan profligate, and Martial ponderous, we could probably do ourselves a favour and just be a bit more patient - In all probability it will turn around.
No we actually press and go forward with intent. And people have to stop expecting us to play 90 minutes of flawless high intensity football w/o any deep. No team ever does that because it's almost impossible.

There'll always be few spells throughout s dominant game when the superior team cool off a bit but what's important is that they regain that intensity once more especially when needed most.
Tonight's game was against a very poor West Ham that had some injuries during the game but everything we did well today was exactly what I said, what was needed last night! We've been doing the right things but not more, fast and intense enough.

I think a large part of that is the change in mentality and approach that must have come from Mourinho; it's obvious he told them to attack faster and press higher. This is what we need every game. A large part of that was down to Miki and (can't believe I'm saying this) Rooney, who were both very very good. Plenty of movement, running, intensity and pressing from those two.

Oh and for the record, I actually thought Herrera was a bit sloppy in his passing and general positioning tonight. Still, he makes up for it with his energy, zippy passing and link up play all over the pitch.

Mitser

Yeah, I also didn't think he was at his best, but even still rated him as a 6, almost a 7 as his assist and the end was v impressive.
Such a quality player, definite captain material too. Love how Jose has given him the platform and confidence to show what a lot of us could see.

Just noticed that my average rating for Ander is 7.6, v his general average of 6.5....I guess i'm a believer!

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Glad he's getting the minutes this season. Hard working, has bags of energy, and very technically gifted.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Think he started to tire at the end, not surprising as he does the running about. Now he will likely send him to Ukraine when he could do with a rest.

donkeyfish

Not his best game I think, he did give the ball away a few times. Passes such as the one where Rojo should've seen red.

Still energetic and aggressive as usual, and tries to get a lot done. Didn't succeed as much as earlier this season.

Often when midfielders have poor games, I sometimes wonder if our wide and front players are partially to blame for poor movement and options. With Evertons pressing as well as they did, I think this was a difficult game for Herrera and Carrick.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don't think he did that well to be honest. There was times when he looked alright but he gave the ball away in dangerous positions a few times. He certainly didn't play as well has as I'd expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.