Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I love him and he's usually excellent but I've noticed recently his range of passing is pretty poor. So many times Valencia is free on the right but he seems incapable of playing good balls out to the wing. Only Pogba and Carrick to an extent can do it. Pogba is almost Scholes-good at it. Herrera wins the ball back so well and his short range passing is good but his long range ones are pretty wank or non-existent because he knows he can't do them.

Litch

I like him a lot and seems stupid to say it but I think he'll be replaced in the summer. Sometimes I feel he's neither one thing or another.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I love him and he's usually excellent but I've noticed recently his range of passing is pretty poor. So many times Valencia is free on the right but he seems incapable of playing good balls out to the wing. Only Pogba and Carrick to an extent can do it. Pogba is almost Scholes-good at it. Herrera wins the ball back so well and his short range passing is good but his long range ones are pretty wank or non-existent because he knows he can't do them.
His ground passing is generally pretty perfect I feel like. It's when he starts to do little lobbed passes that his passing is a mess. He had that one brilliant pass to valencia that showed it, great at weighting the ground passes even at longer distances, just not if it's in the air.

ti vu

He's better of all our central midfielder today. Then he's not that good today bar few flashes here and then. His best tool in pressing for most part was cancelled in the first half due to Carrick dropped too deep and left huge breathing space for L'pool to use and beat our pressing.

With his teammates are not comfortable at keeping the ball like today against L'pool's pressing. He tried to hard with small tiki taka backfired with us messing our own passing rhythm with sloppy play.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
His ground passing is generally pretty perfect I feel like. It's when he starts to do little lobbed passes that his passing is a mess. He had that one brilliant pass to valencia that showed it, great at weighting the ground passes even at longer distances, just not if it's in the air.
Yeah that's kind of what I meant. He's good at fizzing in ground passes but anytime it needs to be lofted and curved past a player it's usually awful and he shirks away from trying them more often than not.

MounchesterUtd

I think it's just the fatigue. He was flawless until the middle of December. Really need to trust Basti or TFM more or sign another CM to rotate with him and Carrick.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think he was bad yesterday, but this is because he had to make ground for Pogba who is useless in that game. He did come up with at least 2 key/great passes which open up the game but unfortunately we didn't take the chances. But, other than that, he did lose the ball multiple times as well. And I hope he cut off with his 'injured' acting.

Sylar

Im surprised by the number of people who are saying he was bad. He was a one man midfielder trying to do the job of three, as with the pressing and the passing. He created chances, and took one of the team (ala his foul against Barkley in the semi final of the FA Cup last year).
All things considering, he turned up for us, and kept going.
Maybe not his best performance but he was part of the reason we kept going and got the equaliser (and got a chance to go for the winner).

I like him a lot and seems stupid to say it but I think he'll be replaced in the summer. Sometimes I feel he's neither one thing or another.
He's our workhorse. His job is to chase the ball down, keep it safe and move it to one of our creative players to do something with it. He is number 2 for interceptions in the league and number 3 for passes made. Yesterday he was number 1 for both. He did his job well, but it didn't look much because Liverpool's game plan was to close down the creative players he gets the ball off to and stop them picking dangerous passes. It just made him look like he ran a lot and took the easy options.

Ashley R1+O

Oooof, need a smoke after reading through this thread. :lol: First he was shit, he was great, shit, great, shit, great, shit, great! What a rollercoaster of emotions!

InfiniteBoredom

Did a lot of good things and quite a few of not so good things. Decent performance. Best of a bad bunch.

On another day if Micky wasn't useless with his shooting most people would universally sing his praise.

Lawman

Pogba, Carrick and Herrera were all poor yesterday. Pogba is getting the brunt of it due to his price tag and status. Herrera being voted for man of the match for us is just embarrassing. The crowd were getting frustrated with his inability to pass the ball yesterday. He just kept giving away then resorted to passing it to Pogba who was also having a bad game (shifting responsibility).
He came alive again when we put Fellaini on he started picking up second balls. But really struggled with the Liverpool press most of the match and hence his passing was erratic.

JeffBoomTetris

Pogba, Carrick and Herrera were all poor yesterday. Pogba is getting the brunt of it due to his price tag and status. Herrera being voted for man of the match for us is just embarrassing. The crowd were getting frustrated with his inability to pass the ball yesterday. He just kept giving away then resorted to passing it to Pogba who was also having a bad game (shifting responsibility).
Pogba isn't getting the brunt because of the price tag/status. He's getting rightful stick for being shite. Losing Lovren on 5 set-pieces, conceding a clear penalty, losing the ball stupidly leading to Liverpool chances and then missing a clear cut chance himself. In the second half, he was invisible.

My MotM was Ibra purely for the goal. But Herrera being voted MotM is understandable. He wasn't great. But none of the others were. His long passing was erratic. Of course, he's going to give it to a better long passer i.e. Pogba who had by then withdrawn into a shell.

ZDwyr

He was pretty poor I thought. Carrick and Pogba were worse, but Herrera wasn't anything special IMO. Best of a bad bunch.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don't know what he was thinking with that blatant shirt pulling on Firmino but it wasn't one of his better games, although he ran his socks off. Just a bad day at the office.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
I don't know what he was thinking with that blatant shirt pulling on Firmino.
How can you not know? He took one for the team, Liverpool were about to break and we were outnumbered at the back. Great and cnutish by Herrera. Josè would've loved it.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
How can you not know? He took one for the team, Liverpool were about to break and we were outnumbered at the back. Great and cnutish by Herrera. Josè would've loved it.
Yeah, I did think that too. I did laugh to myself tbh especially when he reacted to getting floored by Firmino as in WTF??

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't know what he was thinking with that blatant shirt pulling on Firmino but it wasn't one of his better games, although he ran his socks off. Just a bad day at the office.
He was thinking about stopping a late counter where we were 4 vs 4 at the back and could've lost? Made perfect sense to me. If he'd have kicked Firmino he'd have been red carded. Much better to take the yellow.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Thank god he did it, we never do this enough! taking a blatant yellow to stop a dangerous counter attack is well worth the price.

I would have been so angry with him if he just let Firmino run away and they scored.

JoaquinJoaquin

Came in here thinking it would be all praise, But then again the Caf likes to nitpick at every little thing. Thought he was really good yesterday considering he was basically a one man midfield at times.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's great having a player like Herrera in your team. He's a player that clearly cares about the club and he's willing to go the extra mile to get a result. He never shy's away from the big games.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He came alive again when we put Fellaini on he started picking up second balls. But really struggled with the Liverpool press most of the match and hence his passing was erratic.
You can't seriously think Herrera's performance was on a par with Pogba and the latter is only getting more stick because of his status? Hererra misplaced a few passes, sure, but his overall level of performance was in a different league to what we saw from any of his team-mates in central midfield. Hence his ratings are so much better.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
His assist to Mikhi in the Spurs game being another great example. Lofted passing does need work, I agree.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Thought he was very poor yesterday but at the same time he was practically on hiw own in midfield. He tried a few diagonal balls with his left foot which were pretty crap. Think he should stick to the five yard pass and moves.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Thought he was very poor yesterday but at the same time he was practically on hiw own in midfield. He tried a few diagonal balls with his left foot which were pretty crap. Think he should stick to the five yard pass and moves.
Which works perfectly when Pog is pinging the ball to every corner of the pitch with ease. Ander probably felt he had to step up and dictate play a bit more with Pogba so obviously floundering. Kudos to him for trying but it's not something he will ever be very good at.

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Which works perfectly when Pog is pinging the ball to every corner of the pitch with ease. Ander probably felt he had to step up and dictate play a bit more with Pogba so obviously floundering. Kudos to him for trying but it's not something he will ever be very good at.
Fair point, i was ranting about Pogba earlier so I'll say no more on him. But yeah, fair play to him for trying... Just dont do it again :lol:

Lawman

You can't seriously think Herrera's performance was on a par with Pogba and the latter is only getting more stick because of his status? Hererra misplaced a few passes, sure, but his overall level of performance was in a different league to what we saw from any of his team-mates in central midfield. Hence his ratings are so much better.
No not at all I thought Pogba had a howler but he continued to be brave a get on the ball (even though he was having a nightmare) Herrera went into his shell in my view. Yes he wasn't as bad as Pogba but he was poor all the same.

Roberto420

[QUOTE="#07,[/QUOTE]
Yeah loved that, he`s a leader of men and becoming just as important as Carrick imo

m1y2

what the hell is, there anyone who understands football these days? it was a professional yellow card on the half way line, he stopped the dangerous counter because somone fecked up up front.. it was a great piece of play.. jeeez

he was great, and these are just three chances out of 6 he managed to create yesterday (another three were winning the freekick on the edge of the box for Zlatan, fantastic interception for Pogba chance (found it it's here from 2:23) and a decent cross in the second half) that's really really good for a defensive midfielder, whose job is little different but yeah when pogba and Carrick has a shocker in a big game like that, there's ander who can do everything... but yeah he misplaced three or four passes so he was crap, just get a grip some ppl

Mike09

Playing Herrera as a no 6 is like nullifying his ability. He's at best in a no 8 role. Just like the second half against Liverpool we had less control in midfield than in first half and now he's struggling against Stoke City's midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.