Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Odd midfield today eh? Basti holding behind Felly & Herrera with Rooney & Mkhi coming back to pick up the ball.
Herrera was our only real pace in the middle of the park today. Worked as hard as ever and wore the same shooting boots as usual. :yawn:
Herrera was a sub and came on for Fellaini with 20 minutes remaining.

Sylar

Though he looked decent when he came on and was partnered with Basti. Thought that saw the best of Basti too.

His shooting has been off this season, but at least it wasnt one of those bouncing left footed strikes :lol:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Though he looked decent when he came on and was partnered with Basti. Thought that saw the best of Basti too.

His shooting has been off this season, but at least it wasnt one of those bouncing left footed strikes :lol:
It was a try to kill Rooney shot.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Doh, I knew that! :houllier:

Like I was saying, "bit of an odd midfield that today eh?" Basti in behind Felly then Mkhi, Rooney & Mata all seeming to take turns as a 3rd midfielder & linking with the attack. All very narrow until the 2nd half
Yeah, I agree. Was a little odd. Worked in the 2nd half as you state.

ChaddyP

:lol::lol: Indeed

Seriously though, what happened to his shooting? When he first got here i seem to remember he had some insane stat where he scored on pretty much every shot he had on goal. Now on the other hand, he is lucky to even get it on target
that's because lvg told him to take a touch first. Lvg knew his first time kick was shite

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Only plays when we are winning heart the size of a pea.

Lawman

good defensively. attacking wise could be much much better
come on Prath92 he's clueless he runs about being busy but good defensively is way out. He is a kiddy on badge kisser of a player. I have never seen him make a difference when we are up against it. I'm fed up with him shirking responsibility plus any ball over 15 yards go out the park.

Devil may care

Thought he was solid in his main task of winning the ball and opened Hull up with that chance Mata should have buried.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
come on Prath92 he's clueless he runs about being busy but good defensively is way out. He is a kiddy on badge kisser of a player. I have never seen him make a difference when we are up against it. I'm fed up with him shirking responsibility plus any ball over 15 yards go out the park.
Yep. He's only a good looking version of Henderson. A warrior but lack of football brain and skill.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was our best player in the first half and the switch of position to accomodate Pogba obviously shut him down.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thought he added little value throughout the match. I didn't get the hype about him early in the season and I'm not getting it now.

prath92

he had a good amount of interceptions i thought. anyway it was just relative. not like i said he was makalele level

but yeah he doesnt force the issue like we need him to at situations like that.

He was our best player in the first half and the switch of position to accomodate Pogba obviously shut him down.
hardly. he did little to note in the first half. he lacks the ability on the ball to break down defences admittedly

FujiVice

I like Herrera, but you're being conned if you think we shouldnt be after an upgrade in his position.

Lawman

he had a good amount of interceptions i thought. anyway it was just relative. not like i said he was makalele level

but yeah he doesnt force the issue like we need him to at situations like that.

hardly. he did little to note in the first half. he lacks the ability on the ball to break down defences admittedly
My problem with him is when we are up against it he goes into his shell. I've never seen him dig us out when we are up against it. Heart the size of a pea in my opinion. Yes I'm boiling tonight but Herrera has been annoying me for a while.

Moonred

Gets away too much because he is likeable. Credit to him for that but that was an awful invisible performance. And can he learn to shoot like a pro please?

PepsiCola

Thought he played well. Played nice passes throughout the first half (the ball through to Mkhi and linked up well on the right wing).

Also tracked back to prevent Abel Hernandez being one on one with De Gea in the second half.

ZDwyr

He wasn't very good. I wouldn't say his position is one that needs immediate attention, but I think we should keep an eye out for an upgrade. Think Herrera could still play a role in the squad for sure, but someone with a higher ceiling might be better.

Eddy_JukeZ

I like Herrera, but you're being conned if you think we shouldnt be after an upgrade in his position.
I agree with this.

Herrera has been much better this season, but he wouldn't get in the XI of any top team in Europe.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Don't worry, he's tweeting to let us he's disappointed!

3KDré

Don't worry, he's tweeting to let us he's disappointed!
This is so frustrating to see. It happens literally every other week now. Shut up and start scoring you muppets no one wants to hear you say the same thing over and over again.

Sylar

His pass to Mkhi in the first half was brilliant, but Mkhi didnt do much with it.
Isnt he the one that put the cross / ball into the box that lead to the Rojo? header across which mata should be scoring?
He also did well to get back to stop the Hull goal near the end (granted the Hull player shouldnt have allowed him)

Also seems to link up well with Tony V with the quick smart one-twos that gets Tony inside. It really wasnt a bad performance at all from him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His pass to Mkhi in the first half was brilliant, but Mkhi didnt do much with it.
Isnt he the one that put the cross / ball into the box that lead to the Rojo? header across which mata should be scoring?
He also did well to get back to stop the Hull goal near the end (granted the Hull player shouldnt have allowed him)

Also seems to link up well with Tony V with the quick smart one-twos that gets Tony inside. It really wasnt a bad performance at all from him.
All true, but of course he was the worst player on the pitch!

He wasn't very good though, nobody was.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Incredible how underrated his work is on here. Than feck we have him in midifeld I say.

Sylar

All true, but of course he was the worst player on the pitch!

He wasn't very good though, nobody was.
Whole team was bad, but some people are acting like its his fault. There were times he closed down to get us the ball to attack again too. He at least tried to get us on attack. Stats dont mean everything, but would like to see his numbers for today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Of course we can get better players but there are much bigger problem positions to sort out before his is one to do. Having no holding midfielder other then Carrick being #1. Then our center back situation. Then Ibra being our only competent striker at 35. Then our wingers, who when on form, are very good, but still lacking in an actual winger. Martial is class but plays like an inside forward. Mkhitaryan is class but is a playmaker playing out there. When both Martial and Miki are on form the balance is really good actually, but having nobody to bring off the bench and play like a proper winger is a huge thing we lack.

Having nobody better then 6/10 at left back is another big problem. Compare our left back performances to the ones of Valencia and you can see how much we lack. So yeah. CDM, CB, LB, ST, winger are all positions that need to be looked at throughout our squad before Herrera becomes someone that should be changed.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not before we upgrade other positions like replacing Carrick, and sorting out the attack. Also a solid reliable CB. Do that then we can talk about upgrading Herrera

Status
Not open for further replies.