5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He has no fundamentals as a shot-stopper.
As a goal keeper.

Your eyes don't lie.

Handling - Poor
Footwork - Abysmal
Positioning - Below average
Shot stopping - Terrible

That cross in the second half at 2-1, he is trying to claim it (why), he misjudges it, gets a touch, but puts it BACK INTO DANGER, we survive by a post width.

Then he plays an awful pass, like this happens every game, a dodgy pass, giving a scoring chance, Casemiro tries to get back but gives away the red and the card. Survives as the guy misses the penalty.

Icardi's 1v1, he is literally on the floor, in no man's land, doesn't buy himself time, just freezes, then falls over backwards, lobbed by a shot that went four foot off the floor.

He can't play the position. It's an absolute swindle we got done for 55m for this chump.

De Gea feels like Lev Yashin in comparison.

Perro Caca

That was De Gea-esque and I don't mean it as a compliment. I was a huge fan of this signing but he doesn't make it easy for his fans, does he!
De Gea-esque?

Dave might have made errors but he saved us tenfold more than he cost us. This lad is an absolute embarrassment, it's twitter fc and their obsession with YouTube highlights and the club are only too happy to listen to those muppets.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He'll turn into a good GK long term for us I think but he's cost us two games in the CL now.

Still didn't feel we needed to upgrade De Gea and now we are stuck with a worst keeper in the short term at least.
He isn't going to learn how to goalkeep, so no.

soapythecat

He’s so fecking shit it’s laughable. He’s not coming back from this start of the season - the media won’t leave him be now. Needs selling at first opportunity before he becomes a laughing stock.
Roll on the African cup on nations

ErikElevenHag

The state of the ball out for the penalty, that's on him.

Not sure he could have done much for the goals.
They were gifted 3 clear shots on goal from absolutely rubbish defending.
Im not saying he should save the second or third, but his technique is seriously questionable. Hes already down before the balls hit for both those goals and he makes little effort to close the space on the third.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I have to hold my hands up and admit that I was completely wrong about him.
I was expecting a confident keeper with the ability to pass the ball, instead this is Barthez 2.0...Another ETH signing, we need a DoF.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not good enough. De Gea absolutely had to go, no doubt about that - but this guy isn't looking like the proper replacement.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
We were right to get rid of De gea but we should've got Martinez from villa. How we spunked 50m on this clown, he looks overweight

Artorias

He and ETH need to go. One for be a crap GK and the other for bring him to our club at the expense of DDG.

lex talionis

Let’s hope (or pray, if you believe in God) that no racial abuse is directed at Onana.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Shades of Claudio Bravo at City for me.

Said it before we brought him that he wasn't good enough, and his performances so far are not changing my mind.
Like Bravo he seems to let soft goals in repeatedly and looks like he has zero confidence already.

acnumber9

His passing hasn’t been anywhere near good enough to put with how mediocre a keeper he is. I genuinely saw no difference between him and De Gea tonight. Long passes to nowhere.

CloneMC16

It's over for him now. People were blaming him for the 1st, which I thought was bloody stupid. The rest was garbage.

I thought he would be able to handle being GK here. He talks extremely well, but he's struggling.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Whoever posted that YouTube video of Onana showing his passing skills, dribbling and precise long balls, should be banned from here.

TrailMonkey

I thought a few weeks ago that his bulk prevents him being naturally agile in goal. Then looking at the snails pace at which he ran jogged back to goal in the last minute tonight demonstrated he is indeed a big old lump.

pablo__p

Any inter watching people to confirm if he was that... "special" for them too or it's yet another case of a player thinking they "made it" once their contract with united is signed?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Onana being shite doesnt make DDG amazing. We needed a better keeper and because we have no structure whatsoever, we signed another dud.

At this point i don't trust this club to get a single signing right. Useless dumbfecks running the club.

prateik

He needs to be dropped quickly before he gets ETH fired. I feel for ETH but this is the worst keeper I’ve seen at OT
If him starting a few more games gets ETH sacked, then it'll be a win. Some positive contribution from Onana.

DanielofLeyland

He needs dropping. I try not to make knee-jerk reactions but he really has been woeful. The Icardi goal was almost worse than his senseless pass to Case that caused his yellow card challenge.

He is supposed to come off his line. Never does. Supposed to be good with distribution. He isn't. Oh, and he isn't a good shot stopper.

Literally replaced De Gea with a worse version. Only at United can we do this so expertly...

Robbie Boy

Let this be the end of people saying a ball playing keeper is more important then a shot stopper.

We insulted a club legend only to end up with a keeper who is championship level at shot stopping.
Well, that's ridiculous. We may have signed the wrong one, but all top clubs who play modern progressive football have ball playing keepers.

Last edited:

DickDastardly

Overconfident.
Mentally not in the games.
Seems like he's enjoying himself out there and not really bothered by the feck ups.

Yeah, he'll do the "I take full responsibility" crap, but then go on and do it again.

It's like he's on crack.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Whatever the criticisms levied against DDG last year, there is no way Onana could be viewed as anything other than a downgrade.

Abhinav

Not a united keeper. After VDS and DGG, we go back to the post Schmeichel days.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Congratulations keeper conaisseurs. This keeper has made us worse.

prateik

Fergie signed some duds in his time. Onana is a Barthez level signing which means we should actively be monitoring goalkeepers that are available.
No one was this bad. they were some average keepers. This guy is actively costing us goals.

TempusFugit

We should give Bayindir a chance. Onana can take a break and recompose himself.