5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This whole story reminds me on Star Wars main theme. Jedi were expecting the one who will bring balance in universe (force). But Anakin (Darth Vader) brought balance by destroying them all.

Many of you wanted game changer. Well, he really is a game changer. :lol:

Sylar

We're gonna wish we kept kovar aren't we?

I still want to see how he performs with Shaw, martinez, varane and rb
But he's dropping clangers now.

And added to that his strengths are being nullified so it's not a net plus having him at all for now. Why is he so deep?

BorisManUtd

Replacing De Gea was the right decision. Replacing him with Onana may prove an expensive mistake. I'd give Bayindir chance vs Brentford as a message to Onana.

Malone_Post

Anyone else think he looks ridiculously heavy? Watching him trying to ‘run’ back after that corner was painful. No wonder he can’t get off the ground carrying all that timber.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Whenever you change your long-term keeper, you roll the dice. We gambled and lost unfortunately.

Big decision needed from Ten Hag here. Onana should be dropped, but can he realistically do that without undermining his own credibility as a manager?

Irrational.

Shades of Claudio Bravo at City for me.

Said it before we brought him that he wasn't good enough, and his performances so far are not changing my mind.
Like Bravo he seems to let soft goals in repeatedly and looks like he has zero confidence already.
Kepa Arrizabalaga and Edouard Mendy vibes too.

Expensive and error-prone.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
De Gea-esque?

Dave might have made errors but he saved us tenfold more than he cost us. This lad is an absolute embarrassment, it's twitter fc and their obsession with YouTube highlights and the club are only too happy to listen to those muppets.
I'm talking about the pass.

Sgreddevil

He does not even have basic shot stopping and positioning ability. Can we get De Gea back on a one year contract while we source for a long term solution?
I don't see how he can magically become world class keeper in near future when basics are not even up to par. This waste of money is on ETH who wanted him personally.

Steve Bruce

Getting rid of David was the right decision, but Onana has been terrible so far. So disappointing.
I don't agree, far too many issues outfield to have a footballing keeper. We should have kept DDG and revisit this issue next summer.

We spent near 50m on this clampet which could have gone on another outfield player.

United Hobbit

Drop him.

Put him in the reserves to try and get some form back. Surely Bayindir can't be worse at this point

Dave had made some shocking mistakes and nearly cost us last season, and I don't think he was the answer but I really don't rate his replacement at this point

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
why did we spend 50m on a keeper who looks like he needs to do a couch to 5k? him “sprinting” back at the end after coming up for that free kick was embarrassing.

Devil77

Worst transfer by Ten Hag. And that’s really bad considering last season’s panic buy of Antony. Needs to be dropped and sold swiftly.

zapp

What are his passing stats like? Genuine question. On tonight's viewing whe wasn't much of an upgrade on De Gea in that department. Everything else so far seems on a par or a downgrade. Very poor game from him. Was lucky he didn't gift them another goal flapping at that cross.

Oranges038

Im not saying he should save the second or third, but his technique is seriously questionable. Hes already down before the balls hit for both those goals and he makes little effort to close the space on the third.
Aye, but it's 3 clear errors in front that give them 3 clear chances to score. That last goal, he goes down way too early. But it's way too easy to blame him for those goals being conceded. The aboslute state of Dalot for the first, then Amrabat for 2 and 3.

The state of him running back at the end, the man looked leggy and heavy and a bit lumbering, no fecking urgency at all.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
10 games now. Probably the most calamitous keeper i have ever seen for us. At least Taibi only had one howler. He was motm in his other game.

Onana has been horrendous. No excuses now. He has to be dropped or we will keep losing games

HookedOnAPhelan

I don't agree, far too many issues outfield to have a footballing keeper. We should have kept DDG and revisit this issue next summer.

We spent near 50m on this clampet which could have gone on another outfield player.
I don't care. DDG was a disaster.

JPB

Whoever posted that YouTube video of Onana showing his passing skills, dribbling and precise long balls, should be banned from here.
People who watch a video like that and think we should buy our first choice goalkeeper because of these attributes should be banned first.

FromTheBench

Surely we could have a better ball playing keeper?

What are our scouts doing?

Ederson Allison and likes we needed someone of that quality.

Skills

Snitch
He's a bit of a challenging character as well from his issues at Cameroon.

So much for filling the club with good characters. Good luck once you drop him.

Kopral Jono

Needs to be dropped next game not only for our collective sanities, but for his own, too. With the state of mind he's in things can get really ugly.

United Hobbit

He doesn't look like he has any agility and seems to lower himself to the floor. I don't know if it's just me but he looks really small and unthreatening in the goal too

Rustyspider13

Moronic display in the 2 CL games. Might have single-handedly ended our CL campaign. I can't believe we're back to complaining about the keeper again.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
For a keeper who is well off his line when we have possession, I don't think I've seen a keeper position themselves so close to their line on counter attacks and 1v1. Even De Gea narrowed the angle a little bit.

Usually it's harsh to blame a keeper on a 1v1 goal, but he literally ducked under the lob, and it wasn't a high lob either. Bizarre.

Not good. He really needs a handful of 2014-2018 De Gea-like performances to quell some of the doubt, but I don't think he has that in him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They used to tell keepers to be big when coming out.
Have never seen a keeper make himself smaller than that 3rd goal or v Forest.

Crouching on the floor just gave their man an easy outcome. Bizarre goalkeeping.

And that's before we talk about the pen gve away. That's more the sort of screw up we knew we'd risk with this sort of ball playing keeper.