View full 2023-24 profile

5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

mu4c_20le

There was a nothing special but a better than Onana GK available in the summer for 20m. He went to Arsenal.

Murtough madness and ETH masterclass.
Thought you meant Verbruggen. The smart thing to do would've been to keep De Gea, sign a young promising GK and let them rotate and have healthy competition. Pulling the contract and putting all our eggs on an eredivisie keeper was an insane gamble, not to mention classless.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
And spend again in couple of years? Would have retained Kovar lad in any capacity than signing that guy for 20.
Buying Onana has been a disaster. I am pointing out that there was a PL experienced GK available for less than half the money we paid. I blame the useless DOF

E-mal

He is so fundamentally poor as a goalkeeper. We should be looking to make changes in the summer. No need to persist with this farce

always_hoping

Looks like error prone DeGea since his peak in 2018 has been replaced by another error prone keeper. Hard to believe watching Onana that he had the highest save percentage in the Champions league and looked very composed for Inter Milan last season.

The Purley King

Badly at fault for all 3 goals and a load of others in this group as well.
The third one I think pissed me off the most. Absolutely cannot ever be beaten at the near post from that distance I don’t care if it goes near the top corner, he 100% should be covering that side. Entirely unacceptable.
Maybe has a career as a non league centre back but he’s certainly not a top goalkeeper.

Ricardo de la Vega

I remember when we signed Taibi, I was so excited. I thought this is it - the new guy, plug him in there, position solved for 10 years. After watching him in a Man Utd shirt I had this sinking, sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. Im starting to get it again now, knowing once again, I was wrong.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Taibi played 4 matches and conceded 11 goals this clown has conceded 14 goals in 5 matches in the CL. Enough is enough.
I'd take Taibi over him. I feel the pressure on Taibi was coming into a world class team and being judged to the standard of possibly the greatest keeper of all time, by that measure, every mistake was magnified and the pressure just compounded, but you could see he was a keeper and you didn't look at his technique and think he looked like you would between the sticks.

I genuinely haven't seen a keeper do some of the things Onana does for seemingly no reason at all. He has no comfort or ease in actually being a goalkeeper - for as calm as he is with his legs, he's as panicked and disjointed with his hands.

Just not a keeper a backline can trust. There's an urgent need to get him out of the team, for me. Maguire got slaughtered for unsettling the entire backline when he was playing like an absolute calamity, and Onana is doing the exact same thing now. Further to that, he'll have a massive target on him now and teams we face will be cannoning speculative shots at him non-stop. I wouldn't back him to come out of that smelling of roses.

Not a keeper for me. Wish him luck elsewhere.

El Zoido

Badly at fault for all 3 goals and a load of others in this group as well.
The third one I think pissed me off the most. Absolutely cannot ever be beaten at the near post from that distance I don’t care if it goes near the top corner, he 100% should be covering that side. Entirely unacceptable.
Maybe has a career as a non league centre back but he’s certainly not a top goalkeeper.
How does the third one piss you off more than the second? Stevie Wonder would’ve saved it ffs. The third one was barely his fault and would’ve beaten many keepers.

The Purley King

How does the third one piss you off more than the second? Stevie Wonder would’ve saved it ffs. The third one was barely his fault and would’ve beaten many keepers.
The second was horrific I agree but the circumstances of the third, only one place he can hit that and it goes in.
Defender was across blocking a shot into the other corner he must get across the near post. MUST!
Awful goal to concede, looks good on the telly with the net bulging but any half decent keeper is stopping that.

criticalanalysis

Why Onana, why :(

His technique is downright bizarre at times. Stop trying to flick shots away from your feet or in the air. Just strongarm them or use your fecking feet.

Superunknown

I kinda like him, but he's shit. What good is a goalkeeper who seems to shit themselves every time there's a shot on target. Any time the ball comes his way, no matter how powerful or weak the shot or cross is, I can't help but wince. It always looks like he's going to make a mistake. The second goal...fecking hell.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Errors against Bayern and Gala twice have cost us dearly. If Casemiro and Rashford werent sent off, the draw tonight would put us in a great position. The margins are tiny in sports.

lilcurt

He isn't good. The telling thing is, it's not just the numerous errors he has already made it's the fact that even when not making mistakes he looks quite ropey and isn't even playing well from the back.

My best assessment of him is:

+3 upgrade on De Gea with the ball at his feet.
- 10 downgrade on De Gea when it comes to shot stopping.

We have made an absolute howler in losing De Gea for this guy, I really hope to be proved wrong but I just can't see how he will turn it round.

The players ETH has hand picked have been terrible as a whole, worrying times.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He is, quite simply, not good enough.
Never had been and never will be.

His technique is awful, his decision making is hideous, his distribution is average, his shot stopping is truly embarrassing.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
How bad is the Turkish lad to not be getting a look in?

Feel like we're going to flog Onana for £15m and he'll be great at his new club.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
He is so fundamentally poor as a goalkeeper. We should be looking to make changes in the summer. No need to persist with this farce
Hopefully starting with our recruitment department. The amount of money we’ve wasted on dross is obscene.

Seveneric

He’ll be fine, everyone here knows the most important asset of a modern keeper is passing from the back not keeping out goals.

MalaysianRed7

We’ve got our Claudio Bravo here. A decent footballer (just like Claudio Bravo, he’s no Ederson even on the ball), but a very very poor goalkeeper. Realistically, he’s not going to start saving shots at 27, so we’re going to have to evaluate the situation in the summer, something I never thought I’d be saying in November of his first season.

Joel Miller

There isn’t really any way to dress it up, he’s been terrible and I still can’t work out what he was doing at those 2 free kicks. It’s a CL game but he really did look like a Sunday league keeper at those first 2.

Captmfla

To be fair, the free kicks from Ziyech were pretty good and most keepers who were not alert enough would concede. Onana isn't world class but he is not the biggest problem in the squad.

laughtersassassin

Obviously Onana fecked it and was the biggest reason we will be knocked out of the CL no question.

But for that second free kick what the feck was Martial doing. How did he miss that header.

buchansleftleg

That's the first time I've ever watched a United player and began to suspect they'd been paid to throw a game.

Maybe I'm being unfair but I can't see how so many mistakes have occured in Champions league games.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'd take Taibi over him. I feel the pressure on Taibi was coming into a world class team and being judged to the standard of possibly the greatest keeper of all time, by that measure, every mistake was magnified and the pressure just compounded, but you could see he was a keeper and you didn't look at his technique and think he looked like you would between the sticks.

I genuinely haven't seen a keeper do some of the things Onana does for seemingly no reason at all. He has no comfort or ease in actually being a goalkeeper - for as calm as he is with his legs, he's as panicked and disjointed with his hands.

Just not a keeper a backline can trust. There's an urgent need to get him out of the team, for me. Maguire got slaughtered for unsettling the entire backline when he was playing like an absolute calamity, and Onana is doing the exact same thing now. Further to that, he'll have a massive target on him now and teams we face will be cannoning speculative shots at him non-stop. I wouldn't back him to come out of that smelling of roses.

Not a keeper for me. Wish him luck elsewhere.
Oh I've already seen some teams not afraid to have a go from seemingly random spots since his first error. It's bizarre, as it feels like a genuine mix of clear goalkeeping issues and mental issues. I can't believe we've gone from a keeper that's a headcase with his feet to now one that's a headcase with his hands.