5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

bondsname

My issue with Pereira is that he is too slow, not physically I mean, he needs to react quicker. When he receives the ball in the middle of the park he thinks he has all the time in the world, but the reality is an opponent is closing in on him.

When he does have space and time, he has a good shot on him, great passing ability, and also puts in a decent cross. But I'm never confident when he has the ball, he's always inches away from losing it and has been lucky with getting away with it.

He needs to improve his understanding of his surroundings, and have an idea where the next pass should be, or which way to turn, even before he receives the pass. Someday it might bite him in the arse if he doesnt improve.

Good squad option though for now. Presses well, and is clearly passionate. Let's see if he will be able to take the next step in his development.

el3mel

He was decent today but of course in comparison to the likes of Fred, Martial, Rashford and James, his performance will look kinda underwhelming.

KennyBurner

he isnt too familiar with an attacking midfielders role. When he gets the ball in open space he doesn't try to move the ball forward but rather retain it by passing backwards. I know he scored today but i really wasn't too impressed with his general play. Right now his only positive attribute is his workrate. He presses a lot which is good but then whats the point of him over lingard? At the moment Im leaning towards mata against sheffiled.

DoomSlayer

Pereira was decent and gave us the first goal but it's so obvious that when everyone around him is playing effectively, he lacks the quick decision making and dwells on the ball too much or gets dispossessed.

If he adds goals and assists to his game, it could be acceptable until we buy a better playmaker.

Ace of Spades

He will never be good enough as a 10, his best option is as a CM in a two, but our options are so poor thatwe can only shove someone there for now. He is just too slow to make decisions, has a bit of tunnel vision when he gets near goal and just does not have the quickness of thought to play that position. All our focus should be in getting players in attacking positions now. I think with the players we have, we can have a decent base in CM for now.

Mickson

He's the midfield Rojo. Just keeps shooting and making bad decisions, very lucky he scored because he made two poor choices. Unfortunately, this means he will keep shooting. And also keeps his place in the team.

R'hllor

Shit all over him as much as you want but out of those 3, Lingard, Mata and Pereira as number 10, he is best option. Find upgrade on him and he can be back as squad option.

Kostov

Not good enough despite the goal imo. He’s a better option than Mata and Lingard but we need much better than Andreas Pereira.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
I thought the best thing he did in todays game was a good bit of strength and skill to retain the ball and feed it to Fred - just ahead of his ball to Martial for the Rashford goal.

His part in that goal seems to have been ignored.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When Mata and Perreira play the exact same role - Mata is much more effective. Much more creative on the ball and actually has better care for the ball in possession. Perreira edges him with set-piece delivery.

However, they're both just placeholders for Pogba. We're really just biding time with those two till he's back.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Pogba can't come back soon enough. I take offence with a number 10 who is utterly incapable of creating anything. It's either he fails to control the ball and gets dispossessed because he's slow to react which happens more often than not or in those rare cases he manages to trap the ball and turns(this only happens when he's in acres of space and has time) he directly goes for a shot regardless of distance. He doesn't even bother checking the players around him making runs into spaces and just needing a simple through ball and pass to be clear on goal or in better positions. Absolutely zero space awareness.

Has no qualities required to assume such a creative role. Fingers crossed Pogba comes back sooner than expected, just right after the international break rather than waiting until December.

I thought the best thing he did in todays game was a good bit of strength and skill to retain the ball and feed it to Fred - just ahead of his ball to Martial for the Rashford goal.

His part in that goal seems to have been ignored.
In that particular instance he was busy being too slow and getting caught on the ball then losing it. Fred came in to salvage things and took over from there.

That particular case was just another indictment on Perreira's mediocre play. Too slow, got caught and ended up trying to win the ball back when he shouldn't even have been in that situation in the first place.

Last edited:

lawliet354

Pereira was decent and gave us the first goal but it's so obvious that when everyone around him is playing effectively, he lacks the quick decision making and dwells on the ball too much or gets dispossessed.

If he adds goals and assists to his game, it could be acceptable until we buy a better playmaker.
Yes, he just lacks spatial awareness that good player should have, look at how many times the opponent dispossess from his behind, the step-over for the first goal actually hurts to watch when he has options in front of him. But a goal is a goal and I'm happy for him, but he's nowhere near the quality to be no.10 for a top club, don't think he's even good enough for any EPL team

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Even with the goal he scored, somehow he was the worst one of the 11 players. However, good he got his goal & he played well.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Was okay and got a goal. But I still don't believe he's good enough for this level. His football brain is simply too slow. Ole is IMO wasting minutes that could be used on another player to improve our squad.

AkaAkuma

Best game of the season, he's steadily improving. He will make a decent squad player. I'd be interested to see him in the McTominay role in the Europa league.

TrustInOle

He’ll be a good squad player. But once Pogba returns Pogba will slot into his role.
Agreed, see allt to young Andreas, but, Pogba in the number 10, and that would be our best line up in years.

James.....Pogba.....Rashford
Martial
Simply cant wait, if he gets half the space Pereira got today, we'd have won that alot more comfortably.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He's decent, but should be nowhere near our starting eleven. As soon as Pogba is back, i think he walks right in for Andreas.

andycolegangstainnit

A squad player. Like many others I'd like to see that team yesterday with Pogba instead of AP at 10. I think he is busy but lacks the class to be a great 10, miles off Mata technically, that's where he needs to be to become permanent there but just not got it

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He was decent against Brighton. Cannot fault his work rate and commitment, and will certainly improve if given plenty of matches (like McTominay has), but will he be the 10 we require? I do like the guy, and I'm sure he will become a very good player, but will he be the creative genius we need in that position? I would love to see Gomes given a few games in that position, now we seem to be getting a more settled and stable team, and would alternate with Pereira and Mata depending on who we play.

Ekeke

Had 3 key passes, 2nd to Martial with 4 and got a goal on top. Some people just cant bring themselves to say he did his job

andycolegangstainnit

Had 3 key passes, 2nd to Martial with 4 and got a goal on top. Some people just cant bring themselves to say he did his job
Everyone did their job yesterday in an all-round impressive performance. The Pereira highlight for me was his burst thru and shot before half-time that the keeper saved (let's face it his goal was a fluke). If we want to get back to where we should be then he isn't the answer. PP will replace him when fit and if Ole sees PP's future as CM (or at the Bernabau) then he'll buy someone of higher quality to replace him at 10. A good preformance from the lad nevertheless, squad player

Ekeke

Everyone did their job yesterday in an all-round impressive performance. The Pereira highlight for me was his burst thru and shot before half-time that the keeper saved (let's face it his goal was a fluke). If we want to get back to where we should be then he isn't the answer. PP will replace him when fit and if Ole sees PP's future as CM (or at the Bernabau) then he'll buy someone of higher quality to replace him at 10. A good preformance from the lad nevertheless, squad player
of course he isnt the answer unless he improves a couple of levels, hes a squad option. But he played well

Alabaster Codify7

A squad player. Like many others I'd like to see that team yesterday with Pogba instead of AP at 10. I think he is busy but lacks the class to be a great 10, miles off Mata technically, that's where he needs to be to become permanent there but just not got it

This is what I don't get with Ole, he'll drop Fred and have Pogba as a #6 with Mata/Pereira/Lingard in the ten role, which makes no sense at all. Saying that, I'd be surprised to ever see Pogba in our shirt again.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
As has been highlighted before, if we replace him with Pogba we lose his tenacity and pressing.

He's a dick on the field too so he commits the type of niggly fouls to disrupt the opposition that Ander used to and that we sorely lack.

Pogba might very well be brilliant in his role if he replaces him and not Fred, and he could easily contribute enough going forward to make up for the shortfall in effort but currently the front four pressing as they do seems to work and it'd be tough to try and interrupt it considering the impact it has on our overall play.

Pereira may not be of the quality required (well, there's no may about it) but he had flashes yesterday and deserved his goal for his overall game.

Lynty

As has been highlighted before, if we replace him with Pogba we lose his tenacity and pressing.

He's a dick on the field too so he commits the type of niggly fouls to disrupt the opposition that Ander used to and that we sorely lack.

Pogba might very well be brilliant in his role if he replaces him and not Fred, and he could easily contribute enough going forward to make up for the shortfall in effort but currently the front four pressing as they do seems to work and it'd be tough to try and interrupt it considering the impact it has on our overall play.

Pereira may not be of the quality required (well, there's no may about it) but he had flashes yesterday and deserved his goal for his overall game.
Agreed. I don't even like Pereira but Pogba in behind the striker isn't going to press at all - which is one of the reasons why we are able to field a midfield 2 of McTom and Fred, our #10 breaks the pressure through the middle. Like a high DM - similar to van de Beek, Winjadlum or how Sarri tried to use Kante.

Pereira isn't good enough for it, but I'll be very surprised if Pogba is used there when he returns. I expect him to take a midfield spot and Fred/McTom to rotate.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Agreed. I don't even like Pereira but Pogba in behind the striker isn't going to press at all - which is one of the reasons why we are able to field a midfield 2 of McTom and Fred, our #10 breaks the pressure through the middle. Like a high DM - similar to van de Beek, Winjadlum or how Sarri tried to use Kante.

Pereira isn't good enough for it, but I'll be very surprised if Pogba is used there when he returns. I expect him to take a midfield spot and Fred/McTom to rotate.
Not very true that. He actually does press when he was playing there in Oles first run of games we saw that.

Not as good as Pereira mind, but he brings way more quality when we actually win the ball back

Lynty

Not very true that. He actually does press when he was playing there in Oles first run of games we saw that.

Not as good as Pereira mind, but he brings way more quality when we actually win the ball back
You confused me for a bit then, then I realized you meant last season. Yes I suppose your right - he did press high for a handful of games when Ole first took over.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
In that particular instance he was busy being too slow and getting caught on the ball then losing it. Fred came in to salvage things and took over from there.

That particular case was just another indictment on Perreira's mediocre play. Too slow, got caught and ended up trying to win the ball back when he shouldn't even have been in that situation in the first place.
It amazes me when people have such hatred for a player that they can give no credit at all. More amazing still when it's a player for their own team. It's like the people who like Rashford or Martial so much that it seems to lead inexorably to them having to constantly denigrate the other. (Jesus - there's people on this forum slagging off Rashford's goal because 'he nearly missed'!

In this instance, you're taking a situation where as the ball came to him he was instantly closed down by two players and had the only easy pass cut off by another, but he came out with the ball through quick feet - and you're using that as an example of him being crap.

Now I'm not denying that there are issues with his play. But it's possible for good players to do bad things and bad players to do good things. You don't have to pick a stance for a player and then declare blindly that everything he does on the pitch 100% supports that angle.

Stadjer

What is considered a key pass? All i see him do is taking shots without even thinking about passing to get an assist. The midfield hardly creates chances for the front three and a reason for that is Pereira.

If we are being honest he did everything wrong for his goal for example. Those ridiculous stepovers (he lost the ball), a very weak shot which would have been straight at the goalkeeper while James had all the space in the world next to him.

He didnt have a terrible game but i dont think he had a good game. Cant blame him for not being great though since i dont think he is good enough to be great for Manchester United.

Ekeke

What is considered a key pass? All i see him do is taking shots without even thinking about passing to get an assist. The midfield hardly creates chances for the front three and a reason for that is Pereira.

If we are being honest he did everything wrong for his goal for example. Those ridiculous stepovers (he lost the ball), a very weak shot which would have been straight at the goalkeeper while James had all the space in the world next to him.

He didnt have a terrible game but i dont think he had a good game. Cant blame him for not being great though since i dont think he is good enough to be great for Manchester United.
A pass that is converted into a shot. These and goals are pretty much the most important things from an AM

So 3 passes that were converted into shots and a goal.

manunited1919

He is 24, but this is his first time getting consistent game time in the premier league. He may be better than Lingard and Mata, but that is not saying much. He needs to step up big time or he won’t be a starter for long.

ManchesterYoda

If we were selling 2 and keeping 1 of Lingard, Mata and Pereira, I'd keep Pereira. Squad member only. Not first team starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.