5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinghy

He got lucky yesterday as he almost fecked it up on two occations that ended up with us scoring. The way he turned towards his own goal and into three opposition players instead of attacking the space in front of him had me fuming.

Alabaster Codify7

Such an obviously bit-part player playing a key starting 11 role week in, week out. It's not his fault, it's just disgraceful negligence on the part of Ole, his team and the board. Someone as limited and ineffective as Andreas Pereira should never be a starting player for a club with apparent ambition.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He got lucky yesterday as he almost fecked it up on two occations that ended up with us scoring. The way he turned towards his own goal and into three opposition players instead of attacking the space in front of him had me fuming.
Yep, several players tend to turn back towards their own goal (Pereira perhaps the biggest culprit), which, I believe, comes from not having enough confidence to go forward and attack. We have also seen from previous regimes at OT, the tendency to keep hold of the ball for a great part of the match, which primarily means nothing, which could be the mind set in some of these players. I have no doubt that Pereira will improve a lot of he keeps getting games, both in technique and confidence, so we could have a decent player by the end of the season, saying that though, whether he will ever be the outstanding 10 we need (prefer Gomes in that role) or box to box midfielder we will have to wait and see. His commitment and work rate are first class, he needs to be more effective and clinical on his passing and decision making in my opinion, could be a decent back up though, replacing Lingard in that position.

Silas

Such an obviously bit-part player playing a key starting 11 role week in, week out. It's not his fault, it's just disgraceful negligence on the part of Ole, his team and the board. Someone as limited and ineffective as Andreas Pereira should never be a starting player for a club with apparent ambition.
Doubt he'll be starting once Pogba's back.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Doubt he'll be starting once Pogba's back.
Its good actually. Pereira's can cover for Mctom lingard and Fred to some extent. Its amazing how a club of this size end up with fecking mata and pereira as number 10s. Somebody needs to be shot for this crime. :mad:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s started pretty much every game this season, which is a disgrace, as he’s far from the level we need.

OneUnited24

Bar the odd performance I just don’t get what he offers. Mata would have been better suited today than him. We’re going to a tough away ground where holding onto the ball is key. He was at fault for the second goal and a huge reason why SUFC kept coming at us in the first half. No shock that we looked better when he was off the pitch.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I still can’t believe we decided to let Herrera go for free and we extended this guy contract after did nothing last season.

He was disaster today. Can’t hold the ball, can’t pass the ball, can‘t control a pass & off the ball running like headless chicken. It’s even crazier that Lingard in his role as DM or CM actually better than him today. Flop of the match today. Sounds harsh but it’s the reality.

el3mel

Remember when almost all of us were convinced he's a great talent in the making ?

Remember ?

These were great days.

fps

Remember when almost all of us were convinced he's a great talent in the making ?

Remember ?

These were great days.
I was never convinced of anything of the sort, and I don't remember anyone else who was either?

el3mel

I was never convinced of anything of the sort, and I don't remember anyone else who was either?
Many thought, and that includes me, hence I said "we". It's not a dig at anyone actually. I'm as culprit as the rest who used to overrate him 3 years ago.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The worst footballer we've ever had to start so frequently. Probably the worst midfielder in the premier league. Guy needs to leave more than anything. Complete trash.

In Rainbows

Remember ?

These were great days.
Sure, but to persist is what's wrong with Ole in regards to Pereira. It's strange that he's automatic first choice when he doesn't provide anything, but the basics despite being 23 years old. If that's all that's required, it would make more sense to go with someone younger more often than now as that player can still improve and still has his career unwritten.

There's nothing wrong with believing in a young talent. However, after a certain point at a certain age, they have to earn their spot. I don't see what Pereira has done to earn a spot over Gomes for example. No, Gomes will not necessarily set the world alight with his play, but the competition is Pereira at the moment. And unlike Pereira, Gomes hasn't been given free reign for 15+ matches to prove themselves at age 23.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Absolutely woeful.

The game changed around about the time we took him off. No control, no vision.

Even Lingarrd was better than him in MF and that is saying a lot.

el3mel

Sure, but to persist is what's wrong with Ole in regards to Pereira. It's strange that he's automatic first choice when he doesn't provide anything, but the basics despite being 23 years old. If that's all that's required, it would make more sense to go with someone younger more often than now as that player can still improve and still has his career unwritten.

There's nothing wrong with believing in a young talent. However, after a certain point at a certain age, they have to earn their spot. I don't see what Pereira has done to earn a spot over Gomes for example. No, Gomes will not necessarily set the world alight with his play, but the competition is Pereira at the moment. And unlike Pereira, Gomes hasn't been given free reign for 15+ matches to prove themselves at age 23.
Good points.

kundalini

Not a huge surprise that Pereira in midfield didn't work out. Nor that he got caught in possession for their 2nd goal; not a bad error on his part. The static forward line didn't help him.

Andersons Dietician

Is Matic dead? Can’t believe I’m saying this but I think I’d rather see Matic back in midfield than watch Perreria attempt to be Xavii (Xavi’s knock off distant cousin from Belgium)

He was just terrible. Doesn’t see anything and his passing was terrible today. he played a couple of balls to no one.

mu4c_20le

Exceptionally poor even for his standards, never ever a CM or anywhere near DM

SteveW

I can't do this anymore. He's the worst United player in my lifetime. He was a 12th man for them today. It's upsetting to see him in a United shirt.

SteveW

He's only good enough as a backup for a midfiled 3, playing him in a 2 is suicide. the only option for him is strictly as a no10 or backup for a midfield 3.
He isn't good enough for backup. Any time he's on the pitch we are severely weakened. Granada was his level.

luisnani86

Think that may be one of the worst individual performances I've ever seen - I know we're a bit injury ridden but every other Premier League team has a better midfielder on their bench.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Very average player. We need to bear with him till Pogba and McT return. Even then, Ole will find a way to slot him in. In place of Fred maybe.

UncleBob

He's rubbish at keeping the flow of the game, kills the pace every time he gets the ball, then either loses in a duel it or goes for a daft pass attempt

Alemar

Lingard was seriously better than him in midfield this time. Time for Pereira to go.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just a really average footballer.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Genuinely can't think of a worse player to start games for us, you can't even compare him to the likes of Djemba Djemba as he never got the minutes Pereira is getting

The thing is he's always been this bad and yet for years people were moaning about him not getting games and keep getting sent on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.