5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

I could see perriera playing in a burnley side as a LM cutting into his right and playing crosses for their forwards,lingard on the other hand would do well in the championship
Yeah his impressive workrate, great crossing ability and otherwise Championship qualities suggest he'd be a nice fit at a club like Burnley with 2 big guys up top, or maybe Newcastle, doing what Atsu does while working harder. Probably a mid-table side in Spain with better strikers at getting on the end of crosses that would work well too, like when Getafe or Bilbao (he's not basque obviously) have strong, physical strikers and play their wide midfielders as CMs rather than wing forward types to stay compact in midfield.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He's nowhere near good enough. As much as people are tired of seeing Lingard, and I get that, Pereira is nowhere near as good and won't achieve what Lingard has. I was always excited to see how pereira progressed when he went out on loan but the truth is he's extremely average.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I generally don't mind him but he really is dreadful when forced to play deep.

Utdstar01

Thought he was pretty bright in parts and made a few nice little turns on the ball and was looking to play forward. Looks much better further up the pitch. Wasteful in a couple of moments but I think that was the downfall for most of the team at times. Even Fred was pretty frustrating tonight.

memelord

He's anything but a CM, I can't believe Ole won't realize this! He doesn't have the composure, passing ability or pressing resistance to play there!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I wouldn’t be sad if he was sold but I do think he’ll be better next season for what it’s worth. He’s like a new signing in a way. One thing is I feel he currently thinks he’s better than he is if you get me? He seems like a very confident lad but he’s not doing enough.

Chicharito_

Sadly he was hiding from the ball today, multiple occasions when De Gea was looking for a pass into the midfield and Andreas just had to call for the ball but he didn't want it and that's a really worrying sign. To make the step up we need players that are comfortable on the ball under pressure and even though he is labelled "Mr Tika Taka" I just don't think he backs himself to receive the ball under that type of pressure against a high intensity team.

kundalini

I have some sympathy for Andreas because he has been used in 3 different positions this season and not really built any understanding with the key team-mates around him or detailed knowledge of the role. He's the back-up who has ended up starting tons of matches, which is difficult enough, without the continual switching of position.

To date, there is no evidence to suggest he understands how to play as a deep midfielder. Indeed, you could reasonably say that he seems to make too many poor choices in each of the 3 roles he's been used in.

So it was unrealistic to expect him to be able to cope with City's midfield.

I noticed a few good passes and one decent cross but off the ball it was a struggle.

criticalanalysis

Sadly he was hiding from the ball today, multiple occasions when De Gea was looking for a pass into the midfield and Andreas just had to call for the ball but he didn't want it and that's a really worrying sign. To make the step up we need players that are comfortable on the ball under pressure and even though he is labelled "Mr Tika Taka" I just don't think he backs himself to receive the ball under that type of pressure against a high intensity team.
He had a lot of nice turns and silky touches on the ball in pressure but to play in that way, you've got to be set up correctly. Receiving the ball against a well organised press when your team/team mates are not coached properly is asking for hospital balls.

I don't care what anyone says about Xavi/Iniesta/Busquets but their ability is massively amplified and helped by the system and coaching. Look at the later Enrique seasons where it was just Busquets and Rakitic; the midfield got bypassed and the expansive counter attacking game exposed their flaws. It's not about ability as so much about the system enabling it.

I thought Peirara was actually playing 'well' until our capitulation as he was competing and retaining possession. Too bad it was never going to last because we had Lingard there. When will OGS or anyone fecking learn that you need to play 3 proper midfielders. None of this '10' bs. No team in a competitive league plays with a 10 with a 4-2-3-1 formation or whatever you call it.

RedDevilRoshi

He's nowhere near good enough. As much as people are tired of seeing Lingard, and I get that, Pereira is nowhere near as good and won't achieve what Lingard has. I was always excited to see how pereira progressed when he went out on loan but the truth is he's extremely average.
Couldn’t agree more. He’s not good enough.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
You don't judge McTom when played as CB, but as B2B. It's the same with Pereira, bad as CM, but as AM he's an adequate squad player.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think his technical abilities on the ball are fine. He is the kind of player who needs a good coach that helps him to develop an understanding for positioning and his role in the respective game and set-up.

mu4c_20le

Very confident display. Taking on his man, dribbling in tight spaces, dangerous crosses. Seems like he upped his game after the Bruno rumours!

Mike Smalling

He had a really good game today, fair play. Generally very good in possession and made many good runs to create chances. Hopefully he can repeat this in tougher games, as well.

Based Adnan

He's not a bad option at 10. Too many judge him based on his performances at right wing and CM. Done well again today.

El Jefe

I must have watched a different game, because I thought he was poor. Moves usually end with him because he decides to take too many touches or trying silly dribbles.

I honestly think he's a dreadful player.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I must have watched a different game, because I thought he was poor. Moves usually end with him because he decides to take too many touches or trying silly dribbles.

Spot on. It’s just poor IQ. He hasn’t matured enough to realize the point of professional football like Mata has.

PepsiCola

Theres a quality player in him, itll show as he gets more minutes and matures.

Should have been loaned to a championship/premier league team during the seasons he was in Spain.

mu4c_20le

A bit harsh. As a 10 it's his job to take risks, I won't fault him for that, at least he's not passing it sideways or backwards. He was very lively today

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Spot on. It’s just poor IQ. He hasn’t matured enough to realize the point of professional football like Mata has.
While I agree with this, I think it is a weird time to bring it up. This game he was purposeful in possession and he also played a big part in sustaining our attacking pressure. He was assured on the ball, and while he wasn't world class creatively this was a more than acceptable level for a player in that position. Had a great game, worked hard and managed to put it all together which has to be respected. He didn't magically get rid of all his minor weaknesses in a game, but he was consistently good the whole game through with everything he can offer, it was a good display.

spiriticon

Was utter shite at 10 earlier in the season but seems to be coming into some good form. I hope he can kick on and keep improving.

Don't want to get my hopes up though, everyone who's played at 10 this season has generally let me down really badly.

Raven

While I agree with this, I think it is a weird time to bring it up. This game he was purposeful in possession and he also played a big part in sustaining our attacking pressure. He was assured on the ball, and while he wasn't world class creatively this was a more than acceptable level for a player in that position. Had a great game, worked hard and managed to put it all together which has to be respected. He didn't magically get rid of all his minor weaknesses in a game, but he was consistently good the whole game through with everything he can offer, it was a good display.
Pretty much this, I've noticed that over the season, he's showed excellent flashes throughout the season and has showcased his many qualities but hasn't fully put them together until today. He was really good today, hopefully this isn't just a blip.

Mickson

He is. I wonder when people will see it.

E-mal

He was poor today, wondered what you guys watched. There is effort but absolutely no quality.

He'sRaldo

I'm sure if Williams had converted his excellent cutback, there wouldn't be talk of him playing poorly, as he obviously didn't.

The same way Rashford can get on the scoresheet while being subpar, and people say he played well because of the goal.

Alemar

He was poor today, wondered what you guys watched. There is effort but absolutely no quality.
But he made a must-be-an-assist to Williams (and it's not Pereira's fault that Brandon missed from 2 meters)

Walters_19_MuFc

Definitely wasn't poor today. From the off, I felt he linked play really well, got into some good half spaces and played some nice passes. Good game from him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Was decent today so surprised to see people saying he was poor. Clearly plenty have already made up their minds.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He started the game like a house on fire... Was one of our best players in the first 20 of so.

Was fine after that... But yeah, certainly wasn't poor at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.