Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Anything above £50m would be ridiculous, but we are desperate and we can afford so feck it.
I don't care at this moment in time what we pay for him. He's that good and will bring some much needed excitement back to OT.

Mister Ed

Imagine now seeing him in 48 hours in a PSG or City shirt, I don't think the caf would survive it.

In Rainbows

We're splitting hairs here.

Either way, Madrid want to keep him or they want a silly offer for him which forces them to sell and helps them out when it comes to FFP.
It's different. Madrid don't want to keep him. If they were serious about keeping him they would offer him more money than the proposed amount and they wouldn't have bought James. Perez signed his Galactico, James, for a large amount of money. He takes priority over Di Maria and Di Maria knows this. The fans, players, and Carlo want to keep him, but it's not up to them. James is Perez's way of forcing Di Maria out.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
A fee must have been agreed behind the scenes for him to be as open about the matter as he is.
One or more acceptable offers must be on the table, yes.

Looks like we'll know where he's going pretty soon. Not in Madrids interest to stall this if the money they want is already on the table. They will want to buy themselves.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck

MORE SIGNINGS

stroke it some more :drool:

Woodzy

I don't care at this moment in time what we pay for him. He's that good and will bring some much needed excitement back to OT.
My only concern is that selling clubs will use the fee as a benchmark for future transfers. We get mugged off when buying as it is.

On the plus side, seeing us throw money at anything and everything may finally make us an attractive option for other top players.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Actually on most of the forums I frequent what is being said is ... Why ? It feels like a panic buy. It's not your attack that needs this amount of money spent on it. It does little for your central midfield issues and nothing for your defence per se. And those areas are where the problems lie. For this money you could probably have bought Pogba or Vidal or pretty much any CB in world football. And any of those would all had a much greater impact on solving the issues in your team than Di Maria (world class player though he is). It just seems a bit strange, as if to pacify the masses after your main targets decided against moving and wanted to stay where they were.

As it stands no-one I have seen on any other forums are worried by this at all. However, if this were to be part of a major triumvirate splurge (CM & CB) ...........
Yeah, I originally posted that late last night, I admit they all seem to be saying it's a panic buy etc. But they are overlooking the signings of Herrera, Shaw, and Rojo and ignoring that most outlets including Balague have reported Di Maria is the first of 3 players in next week. Some idiots are even saying Lallana is BETTER than Di Maria and better value. You need to read between the lines of the opposition fans. It's all rhetoric and hyperbole. Truth is they are shitting themselves and so they should be!

dev1l

My only concern is that selling clubs will use the fee as a benchmark for future transfers. We get mugged off when buying as it is.

On the plus side, seeing us throw money at anything and everything may finally make us an attractive option for other top players.
yep...OT will certainly be more attractive to mercenaries of all type...

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
75 million (GBP) would be scandalous for Di Maria. He's not that young. He's not the best player in the world. He's not going to get you 50 goals a season ala Ronaldo. That's probably not the way to look at it but when Real are only paying 10 million more for Ronaldo, 24 and Bale, 24 it seems unjust. Having said that it does seem alot less painful for the pocket when its 10 million lower at 65 million and we all know 10million is feck all in football.

But the money isn't mine so I guess it's fine by me.
Last season Di Maria got 17 assists in the league alone which has only been bettered by one player in the last 5 years in Spain, Italy, Germany and England, and that one player is of course Messi. The only player we have that could possibly rival that total in a single league season in the last two decades is Beckham.

Mata and Di Maria don't necessarily fit in the squad seamlessly as transfers right now but the thing is they add class and creativity to a team that's played lifeless football with the occasional sprinkle of magic from an individual. At worst we continue playing the same football but with better individuals and at best they become the players that we build a new style of football around. If some of the players have to leave to accommodate that and create a more balanced squad then it's unfortunate but it's not a bad thing.

DeMono

He basically rejected Real Madrid to play for the best club in the world. Come join the dark side!:devil:

Mister Ed

MORE SIGNINGS

stroke it some more :drool:
I think Blind and De Jong will be the other two. Jong is on a one year deal and since Mario left and they fired Seedorf he now wants out asap, so I think we could bag him for not much more than £7m or something. Blind on the other hand good multi functional back up player that has some real potential as a defensive mid. Those two and Di Maria together with Herrera and we'll have solved our midfield problem.

JohnnyLaw

This is the kind of player that we should have bought 2-5 years ago, for some people to label it a panic buy, or unnecassary, is just ridiculous...Couldn't be happier if it really goes through.

predator

Youth NITK
I love how he wanted to leave. It's not often you hear Madrid say they tried their all to keep a player. He Clearly has balls to tell that cnut Perez where to go. He knows he's too good for not starting most games. Some players would be happy to stay. He will relish his time at United.

nevillestache

If all goes to plan, he's going to be a top class signing for the club and yet another Spanish speaker.

There's gonna be some real bromances going on this season.

Nanook

Last season Di Maria got 17 assists in the league alone which has only been bettered by one player in the last 5 years in Spain, Italy, Germany and England, and that one player is of course Messi. The only player we have that could possibly rival that total in a single league season in the last two decades is Beckham.
Didn't Nani get 17 league assists in 2010/2011?

RuudTom83

The money is ridiculous but in todays fecked up world of football...

30 million gets you Fellaini
50 million gets you Luis
65 million gets you Rodriguez
*fees might be slightly off but the point i'm making is still valid :P
So anywhere between 50-65 is going to be the current valuation. I have to say i'm amazed the club is going that high, well done to Woody and co. if they complete the deal.

Brophs

The One and Only
He wraps his suitcases in cling flim? He's a wrong 'un. Do not want.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I love how he wanted to leave. It's not often you hear Madrid say they tried their all to keep a player. He Clearly has balls to tell that cnut Perez where to go. He knows he's too good for not starting most games. Some players would be happy to stay. He will relish his time at United.
:lol: Wtf! you guys are unreal!

Maybe he "wanted" to leave because we bought a replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.