Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Maybe he should have done what Van Gaal did? Picked a bunch of kids and got our arses handed to us by teams as shite as the MK Dons?

This is all if, buts and maybes but the simple fact remains that Ole did what any other manager would have done in the same scenario.
Well that's what happend anyway. With all that experience and seniority we've managed to lose fa cup tie against wolverhampton, and couldn't win against already relegated huddersfield and cardiff (against which best player on the pitch was Greenwood).

Oh and if Ole is doing what every other manager would do, why appoint him then, could've stick with jose and buy more experienced players.

Red Rash

The thing that is bothering me less about signing a new midfielder and striker is the hope we give Gomes and Greenwood a chance.

In pre season both looked so good and I think it's time to let them loose (as in 10-15 starts each and sub appearances when needed)

I think they could really be stars. Future certainly looks bright for England with the likes of Gomes, Greenwood, AWB, Rashford and players from other teams like Kane Sterling and Foden.

Any chance of an England world cup win at last?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
With the transfer window drawing to a close and our midfield/central areas looking devoid of dynamism and creativity. I honestly believe this kid would help greatly in improving our ball retention and creativity.

Mata has been a flop since we signed him from Chelsea and Lingard is nothing more than a squad player at best IMO. Gomes if given a fair chance will out perform them and I just hope Ole gives him a fair crack this season.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
With the transfer window drawing to a close and our midfield/central areas looking devoid of dynamism and creativity. I honestly believe this kid would help greatly in improving our ball retention and creativity.

Mata has been a flop since we signed him from Chelsea and Lingard is nothing more than a squad player at best IMO. Gomes if given a fair chance will out perform them and I just hope Ole gives him a fair crack this season.
Would disagree with your view of Mata, he has had some very good games, but he's not a right winger, he's a link between midfield and attack, and picks up terrific positions around the box. Admittedly, his best days are probably behind him, but he can still fit in to some games during the season before Gomes takes over. Lingard is a good player to have on the bench, definitely a squad player, but can give some ooomph to the midfield/attacking areas of it is needed. The key is not overplaying Gomes or Greenwood, they must still be growing, so will need to be taken out of the firing line from time to time.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Well that's what happend anyway. With all that experience and seniority we've managed to lose fa cup tie against wolverhampton, and couldn't win against already relegated huddersfield and cardiff (against which best player on the pitch was Greenwood).

Oh and if Ole is doing what every other manager would do, why appoint him then, could've stick with jose and buy more experienced players.
:jol:

Red_toad

I'd say the lad is going to get a lot more game time this coming season. Hopefully he'll be one of the silver linings after not purchasing a midfielders this window.

BlahRules

If we don’t sign any midfielder then he better get the minutes.

OGS will get the blame if Gomes leaves free to another team.

Ekeke

He's the kind of player we'd be asked by another club to hand over £50-60 million for. Losing him for free isnt an option, he needs to get plenty of chances

Brightonian

His chants are gonna write themselves.

He’s very small, but he offers penetration
Excitement and chance creation
Passes it short and long
And though he isn’t tall
He makes defenders crazy
His runs are fecking mazy
When he’s got the ball, his skills are tasty
I’m loving Angel instead.

Raven

Gomes surely gets any minutes that were intended for Mata/Lingard now, with Mata/Lingard becoming the senior player in the CAM role. Given how talented and ready this lad looks, I'm not too upset over missing out on Dybala/Bruno.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Gomes surely gets any minutes that were intended for Mata/Lingard now, with Mata/Lingard becoming the senior player in the CAM role. Given how talented and ready this lad looks, I'm not too upset over missing out on Dybala/Bruno.
We didn’t ‘miss out’ on Bruno any more than we ‘missed out’ on Lee Cattermole.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
We've signed no one. If he doesn't get games and we continue with deadwood then Ole has to take the blame.

ArjenIsM3

His chants are gonna write themselves.

He’s very small, but he offers penetration
Excitement and chance creation
Passes it short and long
And though he isn’t tall
He makes defenders crazy
His runs are fecking mazy
When he’s got the ball, his skills are tasty
I’m loving Angel instead.
Brilliant :lol:

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Gomes is talented enough to be a starter, he has everything it takes to be in our first 11 for the majority of the season.

A midfield of Mctominay, Pogba and Gomes would work very well. Its exciting to know all three have come from our academy, no other team can say that. On top of that an attack of James, Martial/Rashford, Greenwood has so much potential.

It just bothers me a bit how little Ole used him during preseason when he looked the best out of everyone. Hopefully hes on the bench against Chelsea he deserves it.

Raven

We didn’t ‘miss out’ on Bruno any more than we ‘missed out’ on Lee Cattermole.
Not really the point of my comment. I just want to see Gomes in the first XI as soon as possible, I think he has the talent to be better than any of the lads we've been linked to this summer.

Dr. StrangeHate

Considering we are getting no one in, he just has to play now. That is a very exciting silver lining in this shit show of a window.

P.S. **** Woodward

SteveW

Considering we are getting no one in, he just has to play now. That is a very exciting silver lining in this shit show of a window.

P.S. **** Woodward
A McTomminay, Pogba, Gomes midfield would be joyous to be fair.

God help us if we have injuries though...

In Rainbows

Maybe he should have done what Van Gaal did? Picked a bunch of kids and got our arses handed to us by teams as shite as the MK Dons?

This is all if, buts and maybes but the simple fact remains that Ole did what any other manager would have done in the same scenario.
There's a difference between what we want and what LVG did for that particular match. Look at who LVG used in defense for that match. He used Vermijl, Keane, Jenko, and Reece James. 80% kids for our defense. Jenko was found out in the u21s at the time because his physical prowess was no longer enough to be as effective as in the u18s. Reece James wasn't some great prospect and was slow. I liked Vermijl and he was solid, but not as good as Williams, O'Connor, and Laird. He had a Nick Powell and Anderson midfield. Powell is not mobile enough to partner with Anderson and he was never that kind of midfielder. He was an attacking 8 or a 10. Not the kind of guy who can run the show through his technical brilliance, passing ability, and intelligence. He's basically a Pogba type player, except without the passing ability, creativity, and technical brilliance.

That's overkill and negligent. :lol:

I think it's also about giving the right talents game time. I'm not going to call for Bernard (cb) to play for the seniors, nor would I call for Mellor, and Ramazani. LVG went for players who weren't all that great. Anyone that watched the youth team could tell you Blackett wasn't good enough. Same with Donald Love.

Gomes, Greenwood, Laird, and Garner are some of our best talents for their respective positions coming through in a while. Chong and O'Connor are good enough to get playing time, provided they're backed up by more experienced heads in the core of the side. I wouldn't want them to be part of an 80% youth defense.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

Fifty goals and god knows how many assists while playing under four different managers, out of position and benched, during our utter turmoil and having to try and slide rule passes into El Tigger (Falcao) and Toblerone boots (Lukaku).

This place man.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Ideally Gomes to be used and started often as a ten in the 4231. Sod it, looks like a right baller and could be a superstar.

Kearnkoff69

Burn OT to the ground if we allow Gomes to leave on loan. Without bringing in more midfielders and attackers, we're going to need him in the squad as depth at the very least.

fps

Hi all,
I don't follow United's youth matches, etc, as closely as I'd like. Given the lack of a signing of a creative midfielder, to what extent is Gomes, obviously a big talent, genuinely ready to play matches in the PL and make a creative contribution? Is there a convincing case for him to start matches this season, for instance? (I don't just mean the punt of "couldn't be worse than X")

Kearnkoff69

Not sure what's so funny. I saw you in the other thread making petulant remarks about another poster expressing angst about this situation - not sure if you have an agenda or are just trolling. It would be a terrible decision to let important squad depth - and a player whose contract is up at the end of the season - to leave on loan this late in the window.

Crashoutcassius

Not sure what's so funny. I saw you in the other thread making petulant remarks about another poster expressing angst about this situation - not sure if you have an agenda or are just trolling. It would be a terrible decision to let important squad depth - and a player whose contract is up at the end of the season - to leave on loan this late in the window.
even if that is what he wants in order to sign a new contract? ala henderson

AJ10

Well the comment about burning OT to the ground was funny because it was so pathetic.

I was genuinely curious about how he was going to riot, nothing wrong with asking. Want gomes to be successful here but not going to be posting moronic comment as you did or say i am going to riot because a random person on internet said he might go on loan. :lol:

Nicklas

I don't think a club is allowed to take more than one player (from the same club) on loan/season.

So if that's correct it's obviously bollocks.

Crashoutcassius

In the forward line we have lost lukaku and added james and greenwood... so not sure why we need gomes for number 10 depth.

I think people just want to see him play... but he is out of contract soon and likely gets more games at SU... (hopefully)

JoaquinJoaquin

I'm taking that loan rumour as a joke, because as inept as we are we cannot seriously be this fecking stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.