Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWRed

Bestietom

Just hope we don't end up losing a top talent like Gomes who will be worth Millions in a few years time. Let this young talent grow here, and sign him up for a long contract. Most of all give him the game time. We certainly need his talent.

AshRK

He has to play more. I know might sound weird but us being in Europa could be good for these kids in long term. Get some european experience and become better players when we are in CL.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's excellent. Currently giving a football lesson in this half.

Nick7

He has to play more. I know might sound weird but us being in Europa could be good for these kids in long term. Get some european experience and become better players when we are in CL.
Silver linings and all that

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
his ball control is amazing. If number 10s come back in "fashion" again he will be deadly
No need to he a classic 10, he has everything to be the most advanced midfielder in a midfield 3 in the way Barca use their midfield 3. Or even like how Coutinho was in the prem, different players but similar in their movement tbh.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Angel should already have had his contract renewed. Its incredible to think within six months he will be able to openly negotiate with other teams.

Red-17

He's got to be ahead of Mata at this point. Also he's clearly more than physical enough to make up for his height. He's quicker and stronger than Mata and knows how to use his body. If we were happy to play Mata the last 5 years, there's no reason Gomes can't play.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's been pretty clear for years how good he is, I've said it before but he's one of the most technically gifted players I've ever seen in our youth teams. It looks like we're going to be employing a number 10 this season so whoever's current first choice should be sweating, although I think he'd be class in any midfield role. It's pretty obvious he's good enough to playing some kind of role in the first team next season.

el3mel

Should be getting most minutes that will go to the likes of Mata. Explosive talent.

R'hllor

Make him sign a new contract and give him more minutes then Mata for sure, never gonna happen ofcc.

Raven

Himself and Perreira ran the show in the second half. Very impressed. As a side note, I don't remember Gomes giving away the ball, am I imagining that?

podurban2

Himself and Perreira ran the show in the second half. Very impressed. As a side note, I don't remember Gomes giving away the ball, am I imagining that?
Well he did pass it to Lingard at some occasion...

deafepl

Hopefully, Barca doesn't look at him, he'd be perfect Xaxi/Iniesta replacement for them although they have been searching for one. I can't recall Gomes losing balls. Was made to play for Barcelona's possession based system.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's got to be ahead of Mata at this point. Also he's clearly more than physical enough to make up for his height. He's quicker and stronger than Mata and knows how to use his body. If we were happy to play Mata the last 5 years, there's no reason Gomes can't play.
Does seem like Mata’s heir apparent. I would imagine the transition will be gradual though. It won’t happen overnight.

pascell

his ball control is amazing. If number 10s come back in "fashion" again he will be deadly
His weight of pass was also very,very good for someone so young. He'll be a star if he continues his development, hopefully that is still with United! He'll be a great asset vs teams that park the bus.

Raven

Well he did pass it to Lingard at some occasion...
True enough. Lingard was absolute muck, hope Gomes is given a proper chance this season, already seems better than Lingard and Mata.

So far he has been the stand out youth player, from the last 2 games as far as I'm concerned.

pascell

Hopefully, Barca doesn't look at him, he'd be perfect Xaxi/Iniesta replacement for them although they have been searching for one. I can't recall Gomes losing balls. Was made to play for Barcelona's possession based system.
Already looked at him twice in the past, last time they were linked with him was a few months ago as he only has 1 year left on his contract.

Edit: we either play him this season or we lose him, it'll be another Pogba situation with him guaranteed.

mancan92

The lad needs to start he is better than our other alternatives. Nothing to do with letting youth have a chance he is just better than Lingard and Mata.

El Jefe

Pass the ball to him you cnuts.

His technical ability is so far ahead of some of our established players.

Canagel

One of the few that looks like he can hold and pass a ball to a teammate.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's probably the toughest position to break through, but he is very impressive. Hopefully he'll get a lot of time in the Europa league & the cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.