Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
To be fair, Janujaz is 10th in minutes for a team that would also be competing with us for 4th in Sociedad (they're better than West Ham, Wolves or Spurs), so while he's not become a special player he'd get minutes for us at RW now that Greenwood is gone, even if he wouldn't really improve us and would just be a Fred or McTominay level out wide.
Sociedad were pretty shit last year when we knocked 4 past them. Anyway, even assuming you're right, Januzaj had enough ability that he shouldn't have been a middling squad player. For me his career has been disappointing even if it's not really been a bad one.

youmeletsfly

Elanga should be damn happy about himself if he ever reaches Janujaz's level.

As it seems now, other than speed, he has less football intelligence than Rashford and less technical skills than Antonio Valencia.

Ollie Derbyshire

Indeed! Not to derail the thread, on a positive note it's good to see Elanga putting the effort, played less mins obviously but good energy!
Absolutely, but I don’t buy into the played less so has more energy nonsense, just need to look at other teams to know that’s just excuses. Rashford has got lazy for whatever reason, he used to do more in terms or running, Greenwood has always been lazy from what I remember.

Ollie Derbyshire

As it seems now, other than speed, he has less football intelligence than Rashford and less technical skills than Antonio Valencia.
What is Janujaz’s level? Not very good from what I’ve seen. Elanga probably won’t ever be world class but he’ll be a very good squad player. Also Rashfords lack of footballing intelligence is one of his biggest issues and Valencia was pretty much a speed merchant too. Apart from a year or so he hit the first defender with every cross haha.

Devil may care

I think he's being written of very harshly by some, he's basic but he's quick and his movement is good, when his confidence builds I think he can be a useful squad member.

James Peril

I think he's being written of very harshly by some, he's basic but he's quick and his movement is good, when his confidence builds I think he can be a useful squad member.
I hope so too, that’s what is important here. Some strange posters make it sound like he is a lot of things and ready to play from start, yet the same guys want us to challenge next season. Obviously that’s not happening if a novice of this calibre starts games, never going to happen. Would he start for Villa or West Ham? Hardly.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Elanga is the real deal.

Not sure why people are writing him off really.

His movement is excellent, his reading and understanding of the game is very good, his work rate is top notch, his technique is very good.
He doesn't look out of place as a starter for United right now, and I guarantee if he had a different shirt on people would be clamouring over themselves to sign him.

TwoSheds

I know you're supposed to criticise a post rather than a poster but this post reflects very poorly on you. Young player in not being fully developed shocker.

youmeletsfly

I know you're supposed to criticise a post rather than a poster but this post reflects very poorly on you. Young player in not being fully developed shocker.
I didn't criticize anything, read above. I said exactly what you said but with different words.
A spade is a spade, no matter the situation. Him being 20 and a united youngster doesn't mean he's magically absorbed of us saying he actually is.

Also, given it's United not fecking MIddlesborough, I think players should at least have the basic skills developed when they-re 20.

TwoSheds

I didn't criticize anything, read above. I said exactly what you said but with different words.
A spade is a spade, no matter the situation. Him being 20 and a united youngster doesn't mean he's magically absorbed of us saying he actually is.

Also, given it's United not fecking MIddlesborough, I think players should at least have the basic skills developed when they-re 20.
And he does have very good basic skills...you just keep sounding more and more foolish every time you write something.

Devil may care

I hope so too, that’s what is important here. Some strange posters make it sound like he is a lot of things and ready to play from start, yet the same guys want us to challenge next season. Obviously that’s not happening if a novice of this calibre starts games, never going to happen. Would he start for Villa or West Ham? Hardly
Exactly, he's being pushed ahead of time because Rashford has been terrible and Greenwood is a terrible person, under different circumstances he'd have been eased in with plenty of sub appearances as he got used to senior level and developed his game accordingly, instead he's being asked to be more than he's ready for, but it's clear he has coachable assets to his game.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Truth is, he may not be as talented as our other options, but he surely works lot harder and looks mature enough and physically ready for his age, he will have his place in this team of full of lazy players.

youmeletsfly

Just someone who's actually watched Elanga for more than 3 games and has an IQ higher than a nun in a herb garden tbf.
Okay, you think well about yourself. Other than that, dunno, we'll see in a few years where the kid will end up.

TwoSheds

Okay, you think well about yourself. Other than that, dunno, we'll see in a few years where the kid will end up.
And that will be totally irrelevant to whether he's already demonstrated he's got the basics. Anybody who's watched the reserves knows he does and even in his first team games he's shown a bit.

Greck

Elanga is the real deal.

Not sure why people are writing him off really.

His movement is excellent, his reading and understanding of the game is very good, his work rate is top notch, his technique is very good.
He doesn't look out of place as a starter for United right now, and I guarantee if he had a different shirt on people would be clamouring over themselves to sign him.
When have United fans ever been conservative about hyping our own youngsters though? He would have been some shitposter's username by now. When United fans are being modest about youngsters I don't think they're lying. I can't see the future but I personally think he peaks at squad player, as a weekly first teamer he might need a bigger jump in his development.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Weird how people are giving Elanga stink when he won us with the game by getting someone sent off. I know he played like crap, but if he can do that and still get some results (like goals or a send off) that's a great bottom level to have. Most of his critics aren't even taking into consideration he played out of position on the right for most of the game to accommodate Sancho, when playing on the left is his specialty.

What is Janujaz’s level? Not very good from what I’ve seen. Elanga probably won’t ever be world class but he’ll be a very good squad player. Also Rashfords lack of footballing intelligence is one of his biggest issues and Valencia was pretty much a speed merchant too. Apart from a year or so he hit the first defender with every cross haha.
Januzaj is doing really well this season. He's Real Sociedad's hotshot.

Leeds United 2:4 Man Utd

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Match-day thread kept saying he isn't a United quality player.

The guy got a coin thrown at him from Leeds fans, then scored against Leeds, shushed Leeds fans that were chanting Munich and Greenwood chants and ran his bollocks off throughout. If ever you needed more proof...

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Match-day thread kept saying he isn't a United quality player.

The guy got a coin thrown at him from Leeds fans, then scored against Leeds, shushed Leeds fans that were chanting Munich and Greenwood chants and ran his bollocks off throughout. If ever you needed more proof...
Exactly! He works his socks off and has the right mentality. He is more than welcome in the squad.

Him and Fred coming on and giving it stacks in such a high pressure game shows their mettle.

The best thing about it is, he is only 19 years old!

mavradal

Bad game from him even though he scored, hoping he workd on improving his finishing.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
To miss that sitter, get hit by a coin and still score in that atmosphere? Has the mentality to be a utd player for sure.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Manager's son. Why didn't he strike it with his right foot though? The first one he missed.

Trequarista10

I liked how the players backed him up when he got in a scuffle with of the Leeds players too. Shows camaraderie and support for a young player.

lost7

He's got bollocks, love his attitude. He should have gotten another goal, but I loved him shushing those twats when he scored

TSE123

To be honest the match thread is full of strange emotions and desperation. No sense, thought through opinions or logic.

I would pick Elanga any day before Lingard, Rashford (this season) and Greenwood (obviously not a choice any more). Simply because Elanga gets the basics right and is of huge value defensively.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Great energy, attitude and talent.
He is only 19 and he gets insane criticism here.
Sometimes one got to wonder what the hell is wrong with football fans these days.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He looks fine. Maybe not the best technically but that might start showing later. Tactically and mentally he looks really handy. Ralf would obviously know something about whether a young player like him has something or not.

Drainy

He's a lot more technically gifted than he's showing so far. Expect him to get better and better as he settled into the first team and his composure improves.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
Was he trolling the leeds fans at the end? Was showing him holding the united badge and pointing to the ground, he seems to know more about the rivalry than ralfie, good finish today, happy with his pressing and energy, always around the danger zone when we have the ball, good fella

Status
Not open for further replies.