4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dannn411

Just sell the guy. Not anywhere near close to Premier League level. He's had his chances.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s not talented enough. He grafts and is quick but that is nowhere near enough.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's not good enough. The talent is just not there. Liverpool would sell him for a decent fee.

Sylar

Reckon Europa League and cup games to give our first teamers a rest

Telsim

He just doesn't really have anything about him beyond pace, does he? I don't even agree he brings more than Sancho currently. I'd play him ahead of Elanga on that RW when the need arises. Should be sold this winter.

Based Adnan

There's question marks whether he's good enough in his actual position on the left let alone when he's on the right. Set up to fail because the only back up right winger we have in Pellistri isn't fancied.

Boondog

Watching him tonight it occurred to me again that he looks like a fullback. He's got pace, solid all-around game, just lacks that scoring inspiration and creativity. We could use the depth behind Dalot. Left side looks great with Shaw/Malacia.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Relax, it was a poor performance but he was there to do the running as we had a slow team against West Ham, especially with Ronaldo starting. He's not a RW anyway, and didn't play much recently so I think he should get some slack.

He offers so little on the right that I really think we should be starting Antony or Sancho there, and if needed then give him a run for the last 30 mins. We had a lot of situations today when counters were killed by Ronaldo or Bruno, I'd rather make Elanga chase those balls in the closing stages.

AFC NimbleThumb

Watching him tonight it occurred to me again that he looks like a fullback. He's got pace, solid all-around game, just lacks that scoring inspiration and creativity. We could use the depth behind Dalot. Left side looks great with Shaw/Malacia.
I’ve said he should try to be Alphonso Davies at RB. He has those attributes imo.

saik

Don't see a future here for him sadly. Needs to moved on as soon as possible for both his and our's sake.

Trequarista10

Felt a bit sorry for him at one point, he was out of the game and then in the second half picked up the ball in plenty of space and I just knew he would feel he needs to do something due to having a quiet game, and he runs blindly with the ball straight into the heart of the West Ham defence. He should have played a quick pass and made a run in behind, or if he was going to dribble at least go on the outside. I think pacey wingers running outside defenders is a missing art these days because they're so accustomed to playing inverted.

I agree. I can see him being first choice RWB at a side that plays with wing backs.

redshaw

Just too poor to be an option long term. He only looks good if Rashford of last season or Sancho this season are so off the boil, Elanga can add some running and good attitude in their place but that's it. I'd seriously play Garnacho ahead of him.

Castia

Wouldn’t look out of place at Sunderland

Sorry but he’s not good enough and we should be cashing in on these sort of players

Sancho99

Strange that he's seemingly gone backwards since last season.

A moment infuriated me in that 2nd half where he got a hold of the ball in midfield and tried to dribble through the middle of a really congested midfield instead of going down the wing and then lost the ball. :confused:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He’s been given a lot more chances than his performances have ever warranted. Sometimes you just need to let these lads have a go, see what they’re made of and if they can’t hack it let them go.

kundalini

Good run off the ball for his chance, first touch could have been a bit better, then miserable left foot shot that was both wide and tortoise pace. Other left footed shot wasn't much better.

I don't have a problem with Elanga starting matches. We need some players that work hard for the team. Elanga has started 4 PL games this season; in each case he has been substituted with the score at 1-0, three of the matches ended with the same score, the Liverpool match 2-1.

Understat have West Ham's xG as 1.00, of which 0.81 came after Elanga was substituted, 9 shots after, 4 with Elanga on the pitch.

Last edited:

BorisManUtd

At best he'll be part of the team until summer. Possibly until January if there are offers.

Kag

He’s a keen lad, but he really isn’t good enough. I know we’re told to wait and see how he develops, but come on, this one is obvious.

Marwood

You could see it in the U23's to be fair. His entire game there was pace, cut inside and shoot. It worked at that level but obviously wasn't going to transfer to first team.

But if he moves in the summer we'll likely get a decent fee having now played him quite a bit.

Robbie Boy

He’s a keen lad, but he really isn’t good enough. I know we’re told to wait and see how he develops, but come on, this one is obvious.
Agree with this. Seems a great lad, but not good enough.

Abraxas

Quite an anonymous day to be honest. Hard to remember much of anything that he did. Unfortunate, hopefully he can show more than that the next time as we're struggling with Sancho's form as well.

Alemar

Very poor attacking wise, again. He doesn’t belong to this high level of football, unfortunately.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I really want him to do well but he's another nearly player. Nearly does something good.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Good run off the ball for his chance, first touch could have been a bit better, then miserable left foot shot that was both wide and tortoise pace. Other left footed shot wasn't much better.

I don't have a problem with Elanga starting matches. We need some players that work hard for the team. Elanga has started 4 PL games this season; in each case he has been substituted with the score at 1-0, three of the matches ended with the same score, the Liverpool match 2-1.

Understat have West Ham's xG as 1.00, of which 0.81 came after Elanga was substituted, 9 shots after, 4 with Elanga on the pitch.
Literally none of those stats have anything to do with Elanga though and his contributions.

crossy1686

career ending
Getting tired of reading how he’s not United quality, yes, we get it, he’s not going to make it at United, we’ve seen better players come and go over the years and he definitely isn’t among the best.

However, we don’t have many options, especially when Sancho is playing this shit and martial is constantly injured, he puts a shift in regularly and he follows instructions well.

He will be sold eventually but for now, how about we just hope that does enough to maybe deserve another couple of seasons at United and maybe has some big moments for us?

Aston Villa 3:1 Man Utd

Bwuk

We should be looking to move him on in January rather than dragging this out.

Sylar

We should be looking to move him on in January rather than dragging this out.
We are struggling with attacking options.

Unless we're bringing somebody in, losing him would be mad even if for cup games or for sub minutes in Europa or here and there

Bwuk

We are struggling with attacking options.

Unless we're bringing somebody in, losing him would be mad even if for cup games or for sub minutes in Europa or here and there
He's not good enough though.

We've got Ronaldo, Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Antony & Garnacho for forward positions.

Yes injuries happen but he's a sellable asset and that's a lot of depth as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.