4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

It will be interesting to see if he gets selected for the City game.
If Martial does not start and Rashford is selected as CF I can see him being given a starting berth on one of the wings most likely in place of Sancho as this will be a game of high workrate on the flanks.
Oleball is long gone mate, he isn’t getting called in for his ‘workfare’ tomorrow.

Sancho & Antony will start with a CF dependant on fitness.

Bondi77

Oleball is long gone mate, he isn’t getting called in for his ‘workfare’ tomorrow.

I can see Sancho coming off the bench for the last half hour once a bit of tiredness has kicked in.
Tracking back covering Walker or Cancello and being an attacking threat as well will be a big effort and I haven't seen that sort of output from Sancho over ninety minutes yet so let's wait and see.

Red00012

Ole ball isn’t long gone mate we’ve seen it a few times this season

Red00012

It will be interesting to see if he gets selected for the City game.
If Martial does not start and Rashford is selected as CF I can see him being given a starting berth on one of the wings most likely in place of Sancho as this will be a game of high workrate on the flanks.
It was never happening if Rashford was fit

Bondi77

Looks like we are still employing Oleball when we come up against City and in these sort of games Daniel James always done a job and yer again Sancho just watches the game go by.
Elanga will be back soon.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looks like we are still employing Oleball when we come up against City and in these sort of games Daniel James always done a job and yer again Sancho just watches the game go by.
Elanga will be back soon.
Said the same in the match day thread earlier this week. I'd have been tempted to start him today. He would have had similar strengths and limitations to James, who always played a part at The Etihad. Like James, his biggest issue is that in such games of slim pickings, he cannot be trusted to take our one chance or make the right pass if it should fall to him, which could swing the game. However, we need to first compete our way into the game - and that is where he'd have been more useful than any of our other forwards. If we can first get a foothold we can look to the rest and see who is going to actually win it for us.

That said, City away has come and gone now and I hope that he isn't back in soon. He'll get minutes this month of course due to us playing every 3 days, but his early season spell as a regular has ended.

Sylar

Surprised we haven't seen him get minutes last few games especially when we've needed pace. He was used well first half Vs Liverpool.

Has he been injured or just not used?

Sylar

Think he should have come on for Sancho rather than rashford. With sheriff next would have been worth just going for that

PoTMS

I mean he's better than Sancho and made one good run today against a shite Azpilcueta. Still not good enough mind. Annoying that Ten Hag did not target Chelsea's right side with a pacy winger like Elanga or Garnacho sooner. Playing Sancho and Bruno there played right into their hands.

Jev

He's had a few different cameos lately, he offers pace, energy and initiative, something Sancho sorely lacks. Deserves a start next game.

criticalanalysis

Decent cameo after having some poor performances previously.

Probably deserves some game time, although I'd like to see Garnacho myself.

Dominos

He should have come on for Sancho I think, we overcomplicated the subs by flooding it with midfielders and upsetting the balance.

He had more good moments in 10 minutes than the rest of our attack did in the whole game.

I'm not a big fan but he needs more opportunities if Sancho insists on being shite every game.

Abraxas

Scared Chelsea a bit with his pace. This is a good role for him. Not altogether convinced he's that great from the start of games.

lsd

The Oracle
Scared Chelsea a bit with his pace. This is a good role for him. Not altogether convinced he's that great from the start of games.

I think he might deserve to start the next game in place of Sancho to be honest

Pat Cat

He is absolutely miles better than Sancho and it's high time ETH starts picking his lineups with that fact in mind.

Golden Nugget

Was direct and ran at players - something that was missing from the left side all game. Good cameo from him

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’d start him over Sancho until we get a striker back.

CSMUFC90

Could he play as a striker? A front 3 of rashford elanga and Antony would be blistering, think people forget he’s only 20, lots of room for improvement and he can finish, showed that against Athletico Madrid last season. Definetly would rather playing against sancho than him as a defender at the moment.

lex talionis

Could he play as a striker? A front 3 of rashford elanga and Antony would be blistering, think people forget he’s only 20, lots of room for improvement and he can finish, showed that against Athletico Madrid last season. Definetly would rather playing against sancho than him as a defender at the moment.
Depending on how long Ronaldo serves his sentence -- and assuming that Martial is nowhere near recovering from whatever it is this time -- we might want to think about Elanga up top with Rashford left and of course Antony right. Sancho has been crap and needs to pull himself together, and although I subscribe to the "play yourself into form" school Sancho's problem is psychological and not physical. Elanga is no world beater, but he can do a job for us until our strikers get a grip on themselves.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm no huge Elanga fan, but he definitely deserves a run ahead of Sancho.... if only because he you know, actually wants to move forward with the ball.

OrcaFat

I'm no huge Elanga fan, but he definitely deserves a run ahead of Sancho.... if only because he you know, actually wants to move forward with the ball.
Most teams play as though they are terrified of Elanga. He must be even faster than he looks. End product is iffy, though, isn’t it…

Guapa

Should get a chance in the team ahead of Sancho.Clear :)

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Would love to see Elanga on the left, Pellestri on the right, and Ronaldo central. If Ten Hag instructs the wingers to get to the by line, and whip those crosses in early, so Ronaldo can attack them, this will see if Ronaldo still has it to get into the box.
It will never happen though.

Man Utd 1:0 West Ham

Ludens the Red

I mean. I genuinely don’t quite know what this guys doing being hired by Manchester United as a “footballer”. To be fair probably wouldn’t see any minutes if sancho got off his arse and martial and Antony were fit but feck me he’s proper dog shit inhe.

lostcauz

I know we did our business late in the window but how we didn’t sell this guy off the back of a okay season and get someone like gakpo in is amazing.

dave2528

Not sure there's much of a future here for him, to be honest. Was completely invisible the entire match.

Status
Not open for further replies.