Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Said it when he was playing for our youth teams. Most were hyping him but I never saw it with him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The only reason he's in the first team is because he's physically ready for professional football, talent wise he's a championship player though

Becks_VII

That's because he's really a poor passer of the ball, he had a game last season where he made only one pass out of 7 in the first half.
Ye true, but It should be something he's attempting to improve on though, not just running down a blind every rime he gets the ball

phelans shorts

The only reason he's in the first team is because he's physically ready for professional football, talent wise he's a championship player though
Championship is harsh. Somewhere like Crystal Palace is about right (albeit out wide is the position that they are bizarrely well stocked in so currently he’d struggle, but you get my drift)

Eurotrash

Works hard and gets himself inngood positions, but in the end let down by his technique, especially in tight positions in the box. Not writing him off quite yet, but this will be the make it or break it season for him.

hobbers

Less quality, worse touch and worse end product than James and much worse than Lingard.

If those two weren't good enough then what does that say.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Championship is harsh. Somewhere like Crystal Palace is about right (albeit out wide is the position that they are bizarrely well stocked in so currently he’d struggle, but you get my drift)
Think if you look at the wide players for any premier league side, he wouldn't really get in. I genuinely don't think he'd stand out much in the championship.

marc1_007

You can't hide from Ten Hag, at some point, the weak players will get found out

SirScholes

He’s just not very good but will play because our squad depth isn’t very good

Kag

Quality control
As crass as this is, the bottom line is that he gets games because Greenwood might well be a rapist.

It’s the only reason he got a kick last season.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is not good enough. There must have been two or three times he was through and he should have passed and he didnt.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He’s just not got the ability. Shame comes over well and works hard. Can’t coach ability though and for me Dan James was clearly a better player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He wouldn't make it right now in any PL club. We shouldn't keep persisting with him, Id rather see Amad or Pellistri.

matys

The fact that he's our first and only option for Sancho and Rashford on wings tells a lot about the state of our squad.

BarstoolProphet

Don't think he will play tomorrow, so that concludes a very poor pre-season for him. Not seen a single sign that he is good enough even under a better manager, not even for a backup role.

yanited

Horrible player. Tunneled vision, poor decision making and falls at the slightest contact.

AshRK

A smart club will cash in on him but we don't run like that and will keep him because he is from the academy

Sanchez7

Dan James is a lot better than him. So poor technically, we need reinforcements ASAP.

AFC NimbleThumb

For all his great instagram workout videos it’s clear he lacks the technical ability for a top side. Given the type of wide player EtH would usually play it must be infuriating to watch this guy.

I know we are the club of ‘square pegs round holes’ but could be be a right back Alphonso Davies if coached correctly? [I ask this based on very limited watching of Davies & race].

JeffFromHK

He is rightly rated 69 in Fifa 22.
Chris Eagles, Kieran Richardson, Tosic were all better players than him back in the days but none of those players made it at United

it tells how far we have fallen.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I mean aside from his pace what else has he got? Even team on the lower half of the table like CP has players who can do a bit more than just raw pace. Kid can't pass at all, isn't aware of his surrounding and has a poor touch.

The only thing he did well this game was chase the ball, press and make runs as an outlet which were waisted because he's poor on the ball so even when he get to the ball before his defender due to his raw pace, he proceeds to lose it right away because he lacks any decent technique to keep it or do something useful with it.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Assuming ronaldo is going we badly need another striker/winger because injury to the front three and we are fecked, unless Amad comes good.

Mcking

Yet to see how he is preferred over Pellistri or even Amad. Maybe I need to look closer. Shocking footballer.

edgecutter

Poor today, still young and he will be useful considering the awful options we have due to the poor recruitment and wasting of money under oles reign

GlasgowCeltic

Lacks ability to play football but can take inspiration from Mctominay in not letting that stop him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You can't hide from Ten Hag, at some point, the weak players will get found out
People need to stop saying things like this. Any failings of Ten Hag remain to be seen, and he is not the most accomplished manager we have hired post Fergie. All this assumption that we will have no managerial failings because we hired the people’s choice is premature.

Let him prove that he is as good as we want/hope him to be.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Think if you look at the wide players for any premier league side, he wouldn't really get in. I genuinely don't think he'd stand out much in the championship.
Pretty much. Because he's been given a crack at United people have subconsciously decided that he's at least PL level despite the kid lacking so much.

He's pretty much shown only pace and that's it. Lower teams in the PL have plenty of pace merchant who can actually also do a bit more. Elanga has poor touch, CANNOT pass, can't control the ball coming at him at any decent pace, has poor awareness and his head is always down.

Pace alone doesn't make you a PL level player. People should watch these lower PL teams and see how their attacking players play, they have far more tools than Elanga and can actually play. You're not fighting for survival in the PL with players who only have pace.

E-mal

He is not up to technically.
If it weren't for the limited options, I'd suggest he is sold ASAP!

FatTails

He was a breath of fresh air under Ralf. In a team that was woefully short on effort, he pressed and ran himself into the ground. Constantly ran behind waiting for passes that very rarely came.

But let’s be honest, he’s lacking on the ball. He’ll have to do as backup on the bench this season. But it’s crazy to see Barcelona with Raphinha and Dembele for the right wing, and we have Elanga who I like but is nowhere near that level.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
As crass as this is, the bottom line is that he gets games because Greenwood might well be a rapist.

It’s the only reason he got a kick last season.
Agree. This is on Greenwood.

Greenwood also robbed us the opportunity to potentially have one of the deadliest and most lethal striker going forward. Still shocks me how all that generational talent will be wasted and we'll miss it.

3vra

Sent him do Amsterdam and Pay 50 mil for Antony. He is just not good and what is more his IQ is missing to play some good football.

Seriously 2nd half he lost every ball on AM half, other players at one time just did not bother to even go forward when he had a ball because he lost It time after time.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Not ready, don't know if he has higher ceiling.
It's not about him being ready, he hasn't got the talent nor potential for people to believe he'll ever be ready for a decent PL team let alone Man United.

Status
Not open for further replies.