Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Just like RVP?

RVP was dropped yes but we had options back then so it didn't matter, I don't expect to see rooney benched Simply because we have no one else. LVG is obviously happy to keep playing him considering we didn't sign another striker this window.

Martial won't be taking his place.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
The structure of the deal is very very good for united, I like that from Woodward. LVG was adamant on pace and now he has pace in his attack in the center.
Still think we are one great attacker short of a title challenge but i hope martial can surprise us.
Looked amazing against valencia and also against arsenal, which isnt guarantee of anything but the way everyone rates him in french football and quotes from many experts in the field really comfort you. Like this from ex chief scout of a french club, forget about the club was mentioned on twitter

You can read his time line for more. I like this signing, i also think the right price of the player is what the buyer is willing to pay, for cristiano it was 80 million, we are ready to pay 100 million for muller, it all depends what the buyer wants to pay Rest of it is just analysis by idiots like us.

I hope he plays against liverpool, they have defence problems and he can cause them some problems with his pace and physicality. His movement will be a source of delight for mata and herrera who finall have a striker who has good movement and pace to get on their through balls. He also plays well with is back to goal so we can use the fellaini tactic without the need of fellaini. Last year we were ready to pay similar amount for an ageing forward who was declining, this year we pay for potential in someone. I always want my club to pay for potential, its always exciting . So LVG was right all along a striker Press dint link o us, a player not in the papers and a true SURPRISE. The noises coming out of club say we scouted him for 1 year regularly and Monaco not being in champions league was the only way deal was possible, before that he was off the market. Chelsea were interested and he was linked to barcelona and spurs so its not as if he is the new bebe. I would rather sign him now rather than wonder 2 years down the line why dont we take a risk on such players like atletico madrid/porto/spurs do.

Kaos

I am moist.

Would love to see how he can link up with Herrera or Mata playing behind him but instead we'll have Rooney's rapist touch. Ahh well hopefully he can finish a chance or two.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Last year we were ready to pay similar amount for an ageing forwar I would rather sign him now rather than wonder 2 years down the line why dont we take a risk on such players like atletico madrid/porto/spurs do.
Sorry if I only quoted this bit, but it's an important bit for me.

Some people wonder why we don't seem to be in for players before they're worth upwards of 30m (like the likes of Modric for example) but when United wants a young player with potential, you can bet clubs will be asking more money from us than someone like Spurs. It might seem steep now but if the club's done their work scouting wise (and they should have), it could turn out to be money well spent.

Like you said, it's better to sign him now that 2-3 years down the road when he'll probably be worth higher.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I hope we play him as no.9
Won't be worse than Rooney for sure.

Woodzy

Done nothing to show me that he's good enough to replace Rooney in the last couple of hours.

Jev

I suppose we have to remember that Fergie was once ready to pay around 30 million pounds for a 19-year-old Lucas Moura. We must be absolutely convinced he's the real deal.

It's a desperate transfer if there ever was one but he's an exciting player to have.

izec

Think he will be an excellent signing, the surprise striker Louis was talking about. The club scouted him and Louis seems happy with him, should be an excellent number 9. I just got the feeling this guy will turn out to be great for us. Cant wait to see him in action for us if i am honest

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Sorry if I only quoted this bit, but it's an important bit for me.

Some people wonder why we don't seem to be in for players before they're worth upwards of 30m (like the likes of Modric for example) but when United wants a young player with potential, you can bet clubs will be asking more money from us than someone like Spurs. It might seem steep now but if the club's done their work scouting wise (and they should have), it could turn out to be money well spent.

Like you said, it's better to sign him now that 2-3 years down the road when he'll probably be worth higher.
I remember sir alex saying no to pato when we were quoted 12 million for him as a 16 year old.
Atletico madrid paid 23 million euros in 2006 for aguero! he was younger than Martial is right now (just 18!)
Luis ronaldo was signed by barcelona at 19 years for a fee of 12 million in 1994!
Jamez rodriguez was 22 and signed for monaco for 48 million euros
Isco was bought for 30 millon euros by madrid (release clause)
Nani,anderson,rio,rooney all examples of the same.

I think united fans have been very used to genius of fergie buying players for peanuts and them turning to gems, now this does not happen as everyone has a good scouting system, hell even Football manager have their own scouts and their database is used by clubs. It is almost impossible to find rare jewels like carlos bacca . We may find them sometimes, but if you want best player at peak buying them young and paying a premium for them is better than buying them for double after they settle and there is too much competition for them. 36 MILLION does represent a risk, but club would not dispense with that amount without making sure he had a good chance of being worth it. Rooney was bought at that time for 30 million and has been one of the most succesful signing this club has made, Same for rio ferdinand, it pays to buy players young and paying a premium for them rather than paying Double. Madrid do it with spanish players all the time. Most clubs do it, we do it too, its just that he is french and no one in england knows about him that fans are nervous.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Looking at his Valencia match highlights, he loves a dribble. If he can consistently take on and beat players like he did in that game, he will give us a lot going forward. We're sorely missing players who can beat a man, dragging opposition players out of position. Against teams that park the bus, that is absolutely essential.

I expect LVG to ease him in with several sub appearances in the coming weeks. Will be interesting to see if he replaces Rooney in matches, but I expect Rooney will drop to number 10, with Martial up top.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
It's almost scary to think this lad is the only difference in player from the crap we've been served so far. Will be interesting to see how we reshuffle but I think he should play from day one. Can we afford to ease him in? We're not in good shape. We need a real shift of attitude after the international break.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
It's almost scary to think this lad is the only difference in player from the crap we've been served so far. Will be interesting to see how we reshuffle but I think he should play from day one. Can we afford to ease him in? We're not in good shape. We need a real shift of attitude after the international break.
I'm glad he has another French speaker in Schneiderlin to help him out.

Tyrion

Looking at his Valencia match highlights, he loves a dribble. If he can consistently take on and beat players like he did in that game, he will give us a lot going forward. We're sorely missing players who can beat a man, dragging opposition players out of position. Against teams that park the bus, that is absolutely essential.

I expect LVG to ease him in with several sub appearances in the coming weeks. Will be interesting to see if he replaces Rooney in matches, but I expect Rooney will drop to number 10, with Martial up top.
I'd prefer him getting used to playing number 9 for us with Mata behind. Rooneys form lately has been shocking and Mata might provide better service for him to use his pace.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What a way to introduce yourself to the Man Utd fans. He is going to be playing at Old Trafford against Liverpool in his first United game. The ovation he is going to get will be amazing kinda depending on the score.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
What a way to introduce yourself to the Man Utd fans. He is going to be playing at Old Trafford against Liverpool in his first United game. The ovation he is going to get will be amazing kinda depending on the score.
I'd be very surprised if he plays. Maybe ten minutes at the end if we need a goal, which going by our recent league games is a likely possibility.

Sam

I'd be very surprised if he plays. Maybe ten minutes at the end if we need a goal, which going by our recent league games is a likely possibility.
:confused:

United22

You can read his time line for more. I like this signing, i also think the right price of the player is what the buyer is willing to pay, for cristiano it was 80 million, we are ready to pay 100 million for muller, it all depends what the buyer wants to pay Rest of it is just analysis by idiots like us.
The right price is what most of the big clubs would generally pay for him. It definitely isn't what the buyer is willing to pay, otherwise there would be no such thing as getting ripped off. £100m for Muller is nothing short of ridiculous imo

ChaddyP

only 2 pages in this thread. Lots of enthusiasm i see.

Hope he gets games for France. Would love to get to see what he can do

eggwithsideburns

The price tag is a lot whichever way you look at it but hopefully he will do very well for us, are we looking at the future main man for us, our number 9 who will get us all the important goals? That is what we have paid for but we will need to give him time. At first I was underwhelmed but am excited now. Yes I watched his performances against Valencia on youtube and he looked excellent and a real threat for someone so young, especially considering they were big games. I'm excited to see him develop with us, but also as it stands he already brings what we have been lacking, as in pace and directness.

Status
Not open for further replies.